money for marriage visa dipped below 400k for a few hours due to accidental withdrawal

my money for marriage visa extension dipped 9000b below 400k for a few hours due to accidental withdrawal. Its been in for 3months.Put it back in staright away

Do you think this will pose a problem if i explain the situation when I go to do my extension next week?

Many thabks

No, In my opinion that would not be a problem, but as always it will depend on the IO and probably differ from office to office.

My question is, how a withdrawal can be accidental. There are three ways:

* Go to ATM, punch in the card, give your code and the amount.

* Take out money by the counter, which is a bigger procedure.

* Log in to your Internet or phone bank and initiate as well as approve a payment or transfer.

No one of those can be accidental.

Never mind. I wish you good luck.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

All this is simple to avoid by using 2 bank accounts and keep the important one in safe place ...so can not be used accidently …… and put a higher than needed sum on it just incase of bank fees or sms fees who both could be automatic wit drawn 

That is how I do 

yeah it was a foolish mistake and i will definitely utilise two bank accounts from now on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BenDoon said:

yeah it was a foolish mistake and i will definitely utilise two bank accounts from now on.

Yes as it can be simple used by mistake by example Thai wife or Live in GF as the card could be looking same , and they are not always aware about their I.O. compatriot's rules for us 

15 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They look back through the bank book and if they see the balance dropping below 400K during the past three months they can deny the extension. They don't just look at closing daily balances.

I had exactly this experience. Balance dropped by 3500 THB under requirement (very short time).

Extension denied

But as other posters already mentioned, depending on the IO

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BenDoon said:

when you get the passbook updated, you will have two transactions showing on the same day when you withdrew/deposited the 9000 baht.  one of them will show a balance below the required minimum.

either get a fixed account, or a savings account without ATM card.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matzzon said:

My question is, how a withdrawal can be accidental. There are three ways:

* Go to ATM, punch in the card, give your code and the amount.

* Take out money by the counter, which is a bigger procedure.

* Log in to your Internet or phone bank and initiate as well as approve a payment or transfer.

How about a standing order, or a direct debit. I have one for my credit card as an example. (Although I do usually get a warning that one is going to happen). It is pre-approved. I also automatically transfer money to my partner... and yes it occasionally surprises me. Another month over.

I do think it may be a concern, particularly if one gets a pedantic Immigration Officer. They usually want to see an updated bankbook, it shows ALL transactions and the balance after them, hence going below the limit will be clear. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The requirement is 2 months. Has it been 400k baht that long?

If not then it will up to your local  immigration office accepting it.

If not accepted you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time for it to be in the bank for 2 months. 

What is this 60 day extension visa called? Tourist visa?

17 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

I don't think that they look at it hour by hour, minute by minute. I think it's based upon the balance at the end of each day.

Not correct....I made the same mistake as the OP. had to wait until money was matured again...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

I don't think that they look at it hour by hour, minute by minute. I think it's based upon the balance at the end of each day.

Your bank book doesn't show the balance at the end of each day, it shows your balance following every transaction. If the balance falls below the minimum at any point during the seasoning period, they can deny the extension. Whether or not they do deny is up to the office and officer.

Have you ever had a bank account in Thailand and looked at the way entries are recorded?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

How about a standing order, or a direct debit. I have one for my credit card as an example. (Although I do usually get a warning that one is going to happen). It is pre-approved. I also automatically transfer money to my partner... and yes it occasionally surprises me. Another month over.

I do think it may be a concern, particularly if one gets a pedantic Immigration Officer. They usually want to see an updated bankbook, it shows ALL transactions and the balance after them, hence going below the limit will be clear. 

Yes, I include that in the thing I call transfer in point 3. If preapproved it´s something you already know. Not accidental.

1 hour ago, BenDoon said:

can you get a 60 day extension on a single entry non imm O at any immigration office?

Yes you can but it has to be done at designated office for where you are staying.

The 60 day extension can be applied for any type of entry or existing extension of stay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If Thailand will ever let you down (may this day never come!), I'm sure you will be wise enough not to post about it under your well-established handle. That would just be too much to bear, for all of us.

It's not really a question of something going wrong in Thailand. Things go wrong anywhere and everywhere . It's people who think Thailand is unique in this regard, who think nothing irrational, unfair or illogical ever happens back home or in the west generally, who obviously know next to nothing about immigrations issues that affect them but immediately resort to name-calling and ad hominem attacks on immigration officers when they have a problem of their own creation, etc. it's very rare to see a post on Tv admitting the author of the post was wrong about some claim he made and common for posters to go ballistic when they feel they've lost face, but some of the TV brethren think only Thais lose face or who won't admit to making a mistake.

And of course all this "brutal honesty" expressed by so many is because they feel unloved, unwanted and safe in anonymity and free to post where very few Thais would be likely to respond.

"That would be too much to bear, for all of us."

interesting to see you feel that you speak on behalf of everyone or should I say on behalf of "all of us," and presumably about " all of them."  I guess "us" includes the intellectual  giants who don't understand the difference between a permission to stay and a visa or who do "boarder" runs, who deal with "rouge" immigration officers, who " loose" their passports and who claim Thais don't speak English as "good" as "us."

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can but it has to be done at designated office for where you are staying.

The 60 day extension can be applied for any type of entry or existing extension of stay.

when can I apply for that and do the 60days get added on to the remainder of my 90 day visa. many thanks 

Back several years ago my money slipped below the proper minimum for about 3 hours, and they forced me to leave the country and start over again. This was for my retirement extension. They quickly scan every line of your bank book, and it doesn't seem to matter to them if you are below the minimum for a very short amount of time. 

And yes, depending on the official you get, your mileage might vary. The official I got knew me, but he said he had no choice, "because the law is the law" and he would be putting his career in serious jeopardy if he did not report me. 

On 9/22/2019 at 2:32 PM, ubonjoe said:

The requirement is 2 months. Has it been 400k baht that long?

If not then it will up to your local  immigration office accepting it.

If not accepted you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time for it to be in the bank for 2 months. 

I thought for a renewal it was 3 months seasoning ?