Urgent advice, getting rid of psychopath Thai brother...

jmansilla

15 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Bang on the nail.

When the money tree fails to bear fruit things that concern the family will slip into place.

Pack your stuff and clear out with or without your daughter. You will never win and while you're there your wife's loyalty will lie with her family. Don't let 'em know where you are and do not be contactable. Go to Pattaya and have a good time.

It's possible that this 'brother' is in fact her real husband who's got fed up with waiting in the wings.

I agree with you. It seems that it's the ex husband, perhaps still married who thinks he's got all rights to act as he does. Even without drugs, it would be a terrible situation if the guy's actually her ex husband.

That would be a reason to leave the place immediately, forget the house bike washer, etc...it's always better to walk away instead of living such a wrecked life. 

And too many points in the post make it look like he's the husband who wants the Farang gone. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 pages and not resolved, apparently. Not going to read previous 7 pages.

OP, you know what to do. Charlie H told you on the first page. Take your daughter and get the h--- away. Take your girlfriend if she'll go, but don't tell her till you are ready to get out as she'll surely tell the family ie him.

I've been in a similar situation. YOU will NOT win, not legally or with the police. YOU can't do anything, IMO, other than leave.

Family comes first, and last with Thais. I left my wife because she didn't care about me more than her family, and her family was driving me mad. I couldn't live with them, and she wouldn't leave them.

I love Thailand, but sometimes it is so alien that one has to accept it as it is even if it's not rational, to us.

What it comes down to is do you value your life, your sanity, your daughter? If you stay it won't get better as long as he's around, and he'll use your daughter against you, IMO.

I'm sure it's not what you want to hear, but it is, in the end, Thailand, and it's their way, not ours.

I could say more, but I'm sure it's all been said already. Try not to do something silly. The cop wasn't bluffing when he said it was the farang in jail for trying to stand up to his wife ( a different poster to the OP ). Do something to the brother and it's the OP in jail.

BTW, I know it's hard, but getting angry isn't going to help the OP. I was angry at my Thai family for 3 years and it didn't help me one little bit except give me high blood pressure. I should have left years before I did, but we keep telling ourselves it'll get  better when it won't.

• 2 months later...

Seems like they fed him to the pigs.

Why anyone would think they can live in the sticks and assimilate is totally beyond me.

For all you Americans who love a film reference, as that is your Encyclopaedia Britannica, did you never see Deliverance?

10 hours ago, Traubert said:

Why anyone would think they can live in the sticks and assimilate is totally beyond me.

For all you Americans who love a film reference, as that is your Encyclopaedia Britannica, did you never see Deliverance?

I'd have to guess Bricktop saw that film too then, that gangster from SNATCH. 

22 hours ago, Traubert said:

Great point!  And that is why i do not marry, and marry in the sticks...because you marry the entire uncivilized clan...basically a life of hell.  Leaving is an option...simply leave/avoid the irritant...

1a2088168916566623b12f24243c4ed3.jpg

0eb90ac2b8108f5d508843c6da36abed.jpg

3b63df1273d36a9ccd75c51f4195269f.jpg

34fdab265448ec8dc7c893b6062db9dc.jpg

IMG_9581.JPG

Archived