double dippers at immigration?

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I get this %^&* also.

If someone has posted a like on one of my posts and I check to see who ir was many times I suddenly get either a full page visa company offer or a lawyers site on company set up etc. I have to close it to get back to what I want to see.

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

i've had several emails from "grace" with offers of visa assistance, apparently someone at immigration sold a list of emails.  again.

got another one today........from royal visa services in pattaya.

wow!  a "guaranteed retirement visa at a low, fixed price" with their "new executive visa service."

but isn't this part illegal:  "We provide the 800,000 baht (required bank balance)"

It depends how they do it. If they put 800K in a bank account in the applicants name they haven't broken any rules/laws because there is nothing stopping someone borrowing the money. That said, if the person signing off the case wasn't in on the scam, and found out, they probably wouldn't issue the extension.

If the agent is supplying fake documents it's fraud.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If they put 800K in a bank account in the applicants name they haven't broken any rules/laws because there is nothing stopping someone borrowing the money.

800k for 5 months, and 400k for the rest of the year? :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Edited by Momofarang
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It depends how they do it. If they put 800K in a bank account in the applicants name they haven't broken any rules/laws because there is nothing stopping someone borrowing the money. That said, if the person signing off the case wasn't in on the scam, and found out, they probably wouldn't issue the extension.

If the agent is supplying fake documents it's fraud.

i'd assume that if you use their

"New, Guaranteed, Retirement Visa at a Low Fixed Price"

• First-time retirement visa: 25000 baht
  • Renewal of visa: 17000 baht

then you'll be hooked.  the special deal with the special io for the very special price won't give you a bankbook in your name showing funds in the account 800/5 and 400/12.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it's up to the IO whether the money requirements are essential before issuing the retirement extension? So a retirement extension could be issued with no money in the bank but for other extenuating circumstances. These would have been agreed to beforehand with the likes of 'grace'?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, steven100 said:

truly ….. you guys are your own worst enemy. You always want to tell the world what Thailand is doing as you don't know if it's legal or not .. lol ...

Momofarang ? why the heck would you be interested to know ? is it any of your business what others do ??? 

who give a rats what 'grace' does ??  lol

I couldn't care less what others do as I have the correct legit visa for my circumstance and I hope you do also. 

you don't mind government officials selling your personal information?

sure, it's just an email address.....as far as we know....

2 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it's up to the IO whether the money requirements are essential before issuing the retirement extension? So a retirement extension could be issued with no money in the bank but for other extenuating circumstances. These would have been agreed to beforehand with the likes of 'grace'?

Anything can be waived as long as the IO signing off is authorised to do so.

Several years ago I helped an old boy get a 1 year extension of stay with a long overstay and no money in the bank. It was legitimately signed off at divisional level.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

truly ….. you guys are your own worst enemy. You always want to tell the world what Thailand is doing as you don't know if it's legal or not .. lol ...

Momofarang ? why the heck would you be interested to know ? is it any of your business what others do ??? 

who give a rats what 'grace' does ??  lol

I couldn't care less what others do as I have the correct legit visa for my circumstance and I hope you do also. 

Naahh.. It is just, that in general, I am for law and order. I guess you'll say that I am in the wrong place. Fair enough.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

If someone has posted a like on one of my posts and I check to see who ir was many times I suddenly get either a full page visa company offer or a lawyers site on company set up etc. I have to close it to get back to what I want to see.

+1. Been going on for a week or so. TV are top of my list of suspects; advertising revenue, simple as ... though annoying.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

but isn't this part illegal:  "We provide the 800,000 baht (required bank balance)"

Who said it is illegal? Only self appointed lawyers in this forum who would violate 100 laws at their conveneine but afraid to suggest it is not illegal unless a court says so. 

Edited by onera1961

On 9/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, ChouDoufu said:

i'd assume that if you use their

"New, Guaranteed, Retirement Visa at a Low Fixed Price"

• First-time retirement visa: 25000 baht
  • Renewal of visa: 17000 baht

then you'll be hooked.  the special deal with the special io for the very special price won't give you a bankbook in your name showing funds in the account 800/5 and 400/12.

@thaivisacentre is only charging 14,000 for extensions.

I just got mine.. Last year my "Lawyer" charged me 35,000 THB to do this!

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 7:25 AM, onera1961 said:

Only for sexpats to put a break on their illegal activites without paying tributes. 

The foreigners funding the vast majority of that activity (most is Thai on Thai, so speaking of the other fraction) are the "short term visiting" tourists Immigration treats well.  Those masses on Walking-Street aren't long-term foreigners. 

By contrast, most of us here long-term have long-term relationships - and it is folks like us that Immigration seeks to extort or boot.

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

By contrast, most of us here long-term have long-term relationships - and it is folks like us that Immigration seeks to extort or boot.

Most of us have in reality become bored with that Walking St scene and are at best very occasional visitors. Beyond our budgets too!

• Like 1

"apparently someone at immigration sold a list of emails.  again." - Hands up here who's stupid enough to give immigration their email address and/or social networking details. I sure am not!! On any extension form always leave it blank or write N/A. Easy....

Edited by bbi1

This is quite interesting. I've actually used an email I created specifically for immigration that I've used at my current immigration office for the last couple of years. If I receive any emails to it, I know where they've gotten my email address from and I'll make sure to raise as much ruckus as I can. No emails yet, though.

Maybe other people could do the same thing. Just make sure to create a new email address if you change immigration office, so that you know which one leaked it.

• Like 1