BANGKOK
ChouDoufu

double dippers at immigration?

Me too (is one allowed to use that expression these days) Royal visa. "They have my email because I was at one of their sites and agreed to receive emails from them", a lie, I have never considered using an agent.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I get this %^&* also.

If someone has posted a like on one of my posts and I check to see who ir was many times I suddenly get either a full page visa company offer or a lawyers site on company set up etc. I have to close it to get back to what I want to see.

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I get this %^&* also.

Me too

I'd be interested to know if the people receiving these "suggestions of illegal activities" are using the 90 days and/or TM30 apps.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

i've had several emails from "grace" with offers of visa assistance, apparently someone at immigration sold a list of emails.  again.

got another one today........from royal visa services in pattaya.

wow!  a "guaranteed retirement visa at a low, fixed price" with their "new executive visa service."

but isn't this part illegal:  "We provide the 800,000 baht (required bank balance)"

It depends how they do it. If they put 800K in a bank account in the applicants name they haven't broken any rules/laws because there is nothing stopping someone borrowing the money. That said, if the person signing off the case wasn't in on the scam, and found out, they probably wouldn't issue the extension.

If the agent is supplying fake documents it's fraud.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If they put 800K in a bank account in the applicants name they haven't broken any rules/laws because there is nothing stopping someone borrowing the money.

800k for 5 months, and 400k for the rest of the year? :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Edited by Momofarang
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It depends how they do it. If they put 800K in a bank account in the applicants name they haven't broken any rules/laws because there is nothing stopping someone borrowing the money. That said, if the person signing off the case wasn't in on the scam, and found out, they probably wouldn't issue the extension.

If the agent is supplying fake documents it's fraud.

i'd assume that if you use their

"New, Guaranteed, Retirement Visa at a Low Fixed Price"

• First-time retirement visa: 25000 baht
  • Renewal of visa: 17000 baht

then you'll be hooked.  the special deal with the special io for the very special price won't give you a bankbook in your name showing funds in the account 800/5 and 400/12.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it's up to the IO whether the money requirements are essential before issuing the retirement extension? So a retirement extension could be issued with no money in the bank but for other extenuating circumstances. These would have been agreed to beforehand with the likes of 'grace'?

• Like 2