double dippers at immigration?

Generally a dedicated Bangkok bank account is required, takes around a month and done. Fees average 35K baht per year.
They keep your passport + bank book in meanwhile, this always works and never stopped working. Lawyers are magic too.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, ChouDoufu said:

you don't mind government officials selling your personal information?

sure, it's just an email address.....as far as we know....

Passport scans are easier to get, just ask some hotel receptionists and you get hundreds per week. Low wages + corruption = result.
No reason to worry much, if you are a real target, any information will be found or arranged anyway.

Edited by tabarin

10 hours ago, Myran said:

This is quite interesting. I've actually used an email I created specifically for immigration that I've used at my current immigration office for the last couple of years. If I receive any emails to it, I know where they've gotten my email address from and I'll make sure to raise as much ruckus as I can. No emails yet, though.

Maybe other people could do the same thing. Just make sure to create a new email address if you change immigration office, so that you know which one leaked it.

Protip: you don't need to create a new email. 

Simply add a tag after a "+" for example: [email protected]

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/12/19/gmail-email-address-tricks/

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2

This facility has been around a long time and is likely to stay that way. However, if people continue to post about it there may be consequences, but unlikely.

Peoples circumstances change,sometimes quicker than you think, and it could just so happen that those posting may find themselves in need sometime in the future, would be sad if their own previous actions have affected that which may have been of benefit.

Just sayin! ????

"Grace" found me as well but are we sure its a "leak" at immigration. These days there are a myriad of lists with all our details being peddled and sold. Banks, Facebook, Internet forums, credit cards - they all sell and buy their lists to list compliers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

"Grace" found me as well but are we sure its a "leak" at immigration. These days there are a myriad of lists with all our details being peddled and sold. Banks, Facebook, Internet forums, credit cards - they all sell and buy their lists to list compliers.

''buy mailing lists in Thailand?''  Google?

About 381,000,000 results (0.67 seconds) 

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Could only be the online 90-day reporting system if it was, I think. And there's no certain way of knowing, of course.

I'm also now wondering whether the info that we were required to report in the dreaded Foreign National Information form a few years ago could somehow have been harvested by the "lovable" Grace??

Foreign National Information.pdf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Protip: you don't need to create a new email. 

Simply add a tag after a "+" for example: [email protected]

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/12/19/gmail-email-address-tricks/

That’s useful in certain circumstances, but the “scammers” can simply drop the “+immigration when using the email address.

13 minutes ago, jkthai said:

has anyone any  used these people , from their advertising it sounds as if they can get things done , if at a price ,

i was there this morning at 8-30, three girls with one guy who sounded Australian was with them. the main talker she had the Logo Royal Visa services engraved on her bag, one girl filled out his papers from the documents she gave to him, one dealt with drinks etc , the other accompanied him into immigration with the paperwork after about 5 minutes when it was done.  they were back within 5 minutes, he paid her the published 17,000, she gave him a receipt and card and the pretty much all left. looked like a 15 minute turnaround to me

we were in the cafe were most agents go, in the cafe right outside immigration, it called Thai Aloi , i think.

all seemed calm and happy, he said to the waitress he would see her tomorrow, so look like he will be picking his passport up tomorrow 

end of story, enjoyed my breakfast