MG cars Thailand

Felt 35

I allow me to ask if anyone have experience with owning/driving an MG in Thailand? I'm looking at a second hand MG6 myself 2014-18 model but know in general little about cars and even less about MG so if anyone have some info to share its very welcome.

In advance , Thanks.

Felt

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, transam said:

Though I agree with some of your post, and am <deleted> off with the MG name being used to "cover" Chinese stuff, plus I owned an MGB, they were not quality cars...

Agreed the older MGs wernt great for quality, just looked good but always had the pedigree the MG Rover period with BMW engines, ZTT and ZT were pretty fine cars imo. 

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Agreed the older MGs wernt great for quality, just looked good but always had the pedigree the MG Rover period with BMW engines, ZTT and ZT were pretty fine cars imo. 

Before the BMW engine period, many had Honda engines

Guess people call a proper MG, at least 50 + years old ?  

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I object to their use of the union Jack emblazened on them inferring they are British cars. Hate sales gimmicks and tricks.

For information - a Union Jack is the flag flown off the stern of HM Ships and the Union FLAG is what you are talking about I believe, unless you intend to float your MG?  A common mistake made by many.

Edited by robertson468
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

For information - a Union Jack is the flag flown off the stern of HM Ships and the Union FLAG is what you are talking about I believe, unless you intend to float your MG?  A common mistake made by many.

Actually you are wrong, the flag flown off the stern of a British warship is the White Ensign.....your flag is flown off the bow. Were you actually in the RN? If so you probably had a minor brain fart getting the bow and stern mixed up. 555

• Like 2

Junk rubbish in my humble opinion total <deleted> on wheels they failed in uk years ago making the worst rust buckets in the world, and someone bought the brand here!

Best to buy mercedes from the dealer directly as it's only 800k for a certified pre-owned from 2015 with warranty. Only buy benz for road car or toyota / isuzu in thailand for pickup. The rest is <deleted>

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Actually you are wrong, the flag flown off the stern of a British warship is the White Ensign.....your flag is flown off the bow. Were you actually in the RN? If so you probably had a minor brain fart getting the bow and stern mixed up. 555

Merchant Navy or Real Navy or pleasure craft or..fly the Red Ensign. 

QI question? Which US Navy ship flies the White Ensign?

Edited by VocalNeal

5 hours ago, englishoak said:

Dont do it, its Chinese now, has no pedigree or quality and the Thais know the difference. Consequently will lose value fast, do yourself a favour and stick with any one of the Japanese options. the resale will be better as well.

Not all Thais know the difference, obviously. Recent monthly sales report below. It's cheap, got a 4 speeder and lots of bells and whistles. What more could one want? After sales service lets MG down here. 

image.png.fe8776ed572dc5b035858831a3ed69ca.png

2 hours ago, transam said:

MG cars had BMC engines from way back, same as Austin Healey..BUT, the Chinese MG is all Chinese...

I really miss all the electrical faults in my old mini. Went like a bat out of hell when it was running. Did keep up with an mgb once, that was fun. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Not all Thais know the difference, obviously. Recent monthly sales report below. It's cheap, got a 4 speeder and lots of bells and whistles. What more could one want? After sales service lets MG down here. 

image.png.fe8776ed572dc5b035858831a3ed69ca.png

In the UK the MG sweetener is a 7 year warranty, LOS 4 years......

In LOS, they have no idea about MG's history, but what they do know is the Union Jack flag insignia is on the car, which to me is a bit out of order...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I really miss all the electrical faults in my old mini. Went like a bat out of hell when it was running. Did keep up with an mgb once, that was fun. 

The MGB I had was good for 110mph, my mini's were quick, but no top end..

Hi, I remember when the Hyundai and Kia hit the markets in Oz, Chinese and Korean rubbish don't by em.  Well, given time, these vehicles today are just as reliable as the big names, Hyundai is biting at the heels of Toyota now in Oz for sales. As far as MG goes, yes, has little association with original name, as now designed and manufactured in China, however given time I think you will see the brand climb its way up the ladder and join the big boys. I have looked at their SUV and it has a lot of features that even some of the big names don't offer in base models. 

Edited by DUNROAMIN
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

MG in GB never was building quality Cars, so, whats the Problem!?

That is not the question, MG was the performance mark of Morris Garages, BMC bought Morris and used the MG racing badge on their performance stuff, and it was performance stuff....The Morris badge was put on the grocery getters, the Chinese could have used that, but they chose the performance tab of which their rides are not.

• Like 2