MG cars Thailand

Felt 35

12 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Had an MGB in BRG.  Had no 1st to 2nd gear synchro—so had to double-clutch it.

Today though, I wouldn’t buy anything made by Wuhan Virus CCP if I can help it.

Sounds like baulk rings were stuffed, I had a 1964, full synchromesh..

5 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Dont menton the Yangste Incident Sandy. or the Red Ensign. Flags are rater a complex topic that i find interesting.:coffee1:

Not a political animal, just a question of getting the history right. "Jack" flags were flown on the jackstaff at the ships bow as opposed to ensigns which were flown at the rear.

Union Jack is not a jack flag as such and has been a perfectly valid name for the UK national flag for a long time.

When I used to hoist the flag the biggest fear was there would be no toggle so always reminded myself which way up it went, severe penalty for getting it wrong.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, macahoom said:

The Guess-o-meter, which has always been very accurate, is always somewhere between 305 and 320 kms when I charge to 100%. If I drive for 150-160 kms from a 100% charge, the charge remaining is about 50%. So I believe the figures I'm quoting are very accurate.

I have a 7kW wall charger in my garage; I use that and the free charger in Central Phuket. I have only used the granny charger once, and that was yesterday. All I can tell you is that I charged for two hours and the remaining charge increased by 8%. Hope that helps.

Thank you that’s helpful

Funny peoples views - MG is built in Thailand = so many would not buy because there Chinese ?  

Guess the same could be with Volvo ?

But would buy a Toyota made in Indonesia  [as many models are]

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Funny peoples views - MG is built in Thailand = so many would not buy because there Chinese ?  

Guess the same could be with Volvo ?

But would buy a Toyota made in Indonesia  [as many models are]

Volvo is a Volvo, wherever it is assembled, MG is a Chinese manufacturer that bought the MG performance name, even using MG's performance history in its ads, its taking the p_ss, which has been my point during this thread.

The MG pickup is a Chinese Maxus T70 with the British performance brand logos...????

It is just a sales rip-off gimmick and folk are falling for it...

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the end of the day no we didn't. I left it to the missus to decide. She went to the temple or looked on an App to check her future/horoscope. She was told black. So now it's black and next Friday is a good day to collect it.   rolleyes.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1