MG cars Thailand

Felt 35

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I object to their use of the union Jack emblazened on them inferring they are British cars. Hate sales gimmicks and tricks.

The design and engineering is stiil done in England. That badge says "Brit Design."

6 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Old article about old models. The new ones2018/9 look great are a good price, but I know no more. They have nothing to do with the looks of I guess performance ofMGs of yore. They are now family cars with the MG badge bought by the Chinese, built in China. I believe the design team is still UK based but that's the be all and end all of the MG connection.

I'm happy to see the Union Jack on Minis. Even though they are now German owned I still think of them as quintsentially English

Now MG's........pile of "junk". I lived not far from the MG factory in Abingdon-On-Thames and worked in the town. Along with Morland beer it was our pride and joy.

I owned one, loved it, shame I had to sell in when a baby put in an appearance.

But these Chinese imitations...is it any wonder they offer 24 hour roadside assistance, you are obviously gonna need it or they would not need to offer it.

I'm not saying that they all look bad, but the mechanical side will more than likely let you down at some stage.

As has already been said, stick with Japanese for cars...Chinese for takeaways !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not all Thais who buy are unaware, I know 2 who have the mini suv style. Both say they just give it a go, but regard them as Disposable Lighters after a while. Wont be able to trade them , so they say just run em till they become useless. Seems about right to me

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Not all Thais know the difference, obviously. Recent monthly sales report below. It's cheap, got a 4 speeder and lots of bells and whistles. What more could one want? After sales service lets MG down here. 

What's been reported wrong with MG's after sales service?

2 hours ago, transam said:

That is not the question, MG was the performance mark of Morris Garages, BMC bought Morris and used the MG racing badge on their performance stuff, and it was performance stuff....The Morris badge was put on the grocery getters, the Chinese could have used that, but they chose the performance tab of which their rides are not.

...but all them could probably blow the doors off standard MGBs and original Minis!  MG hasn't done too badly in the BTCC over the last few years either. 

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

..is it any wonder they offer 24 hour roadside assistance, you are obviously gonna need it or they would not need to offer it.

...logically, your same comment applies to Toyota, Honda, Isuzu, Mazda, Nissan, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus, Suzuki, Hyundai, Kia, VW, Fiat, Chevrolet, Bentley, Rolls Royce, et al, who all must need it because they offer it!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, transam said:

But this is 2019, not 1969...

Sure is, and you're the one comparing today's MGs with old-school MGs and disparaging them as not worthy of the "performance" tag, even though it's a tag that they don't use!

Edited by Just Weird

surely much has improved, even over the past 20 years! 

back in the 90s; it was the Daewoos, the Kia, and Hyandai cars that copped the 'throwaway car' tag  

these days, well at least in OZ; the most common car to be seen stranded/broken by the side of the road, are the BMWs...

• Haha 1