MG cars Thailand

Felt 35

Next gen MG ZS (2020) will have 6 speed auto and 1.3L turbo engine (163 hp) !

At least in china: https://www.autohome.com.cn/advice/201909/944565.html#pvareaid=3311720

By the way - Engine is a General Motors development: New-Generation-ECOTEC-Engines

Seems like MG are gonna squeeze a new model in between the ZS and GS , called the HS comes with a 1.5 turbo and 167 hp, rumours are it’s gonna replace the GS which is only 3 years old !!

Interesting [emoji848]

i bought an MGz 18 months ago that the wife mainly uses.

For the price and all the extras you get, plus a better than market average finance deal i still think it was a great deal.

The gear box is a bit slow and engine a bit small given the size of the car but it,s being driven around BKK not Silverstone.

Had no problems so far and regarding resale value can just trade it in at MG, probably for one of their Electric motors in 3 years time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 3:58 PM, thaiguzzi said:

They are good looking for their class.

That is where the good points end.

Everything you need to know, is when you sit inside and start touching and feeling the plastics.

Then close the door.

Open it again, close it again.

That should already tell you to walk away.

My recommendation before buying a Chinese vehicle, buy the equivelant Japanese model, 3-4 years older for the same money.

I went to motorshow today and I had the same experience as you said. I touched the low quality plastic. Closed the door twice and walked away ????

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2019 at 10:44 PM, Bangkokhatter said:

i bought an MGz 18 months ago that the wife mainly uses.

For the price and all the extras you get, plus a better than market average finance deal i still think it was a great deal.

The gear box is a bit slow and engine a bit small given the size of the car but it,s being driven around BKK not Silverstone.

Had no problems so far and regarding resale value can just trade it in at MG, probably for one of their Electric motors in 3 years time.

Gearbox slow, small engine.....????......Come on chap, it's an MG...........

The performance wing of Morris .............????

• 8 months later...
On 12/1/2019 at 8:40 PM, Thunder26 said:

I went to motorshow today and I had the same experience as you said. I touched the low quality plastic. Closed the door twice and walked away ????

Beats me how you can know it's low quality plastic by just touching it. What part of the car did you touch? Have just read this thread and I can't believe the doom and gloom merchants that run the MG down just because it's Chinese. Do yous sit and criticize about everything Chinese? If so yous must be criticizing everything all day long being as there ain't much that hasn't got something 'Made in China' inside it. Me, I've placed my order for an MG motor. I don't see any of the faults the wind up merchants are chirping on about.        chitown.gif

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Beats me how you can know it's low quality plastic by just touching it. What part of the car did you touch? Have just read this thread and I can't believe the doom and gloom merchants that run the MG down just because it's Chinese. Do yous sit and criticize about everything Chinese? If so yous must be criticizing everything all day long being as there ain't much that hasn't got something made in China inside it. Me, I've placed my order for an MG motor. I don't see any of the faults the wind up merchants are chirping on about.

My chum bought an MG ZS a year or so back, I gave it the once over to see how they can sell it cheap, what I can tell you is, the panels were very thin, I shut the hood with my palm and the panel moved like tin foil....

Another friend bought the same, power steering failed, had to be loaded on a transporter...

The MG pick-up is a re-badge Chinese ride.

But, I am just one of those who doesn't like a bought Brit performance brand name to sell their Chinese non-performance stuff, they even have the front to put a Union Jack on some. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, transam said:

they even have the front to put a Union Jack on some.

So what? I'll bet you've seen thousands of Thai lorries with the Union Jack painted on them. Doesn't make them British does it? I don't hear you belly ache over them. As i said I've ordered a MG and I found NO faults with it such as you've pointed out.      uk.gifuk.gifuk.gif

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So what? I'll bet you've seen thousands of Thai lorries with the Union Jack painted on them. Doesn't make them British does it? I don't hear you belly ache over them. As i said I've ordered a MG and I found NO faults with it such as you've pointed out.      uk.gifuk.gifuk.gif

Many Thais wear Union Jack T-shirts, doesn't mean they are British does it..?

I have never seen a British lorry in LOS with the Union Jack on it, only Jap ones as fun.

Your Chinese ride is advertising it as a British MG, read their ad pages ..

Anyhooo, you ain't got yours yet to find out about faults....????

But, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new purchase....????

26 minutes ago, transam said:

Example of that please. No matter how much I google I can't come up anything where they claim it as British. You're not racist are you and believe everything Chinese is inferior to British cuz that is how you come across.  

Exactly. Now you see what I was saying.

I have never seen a British lorry in LOS with the Union Jack on it

WT heck are you on about 'British lorry in LOS? Thais paint the Union Jack on their lorries but it don't make them British. Have you taken any substances?

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Example of that please. No matter how much I google I can't come up anything where they claim it as British. You not racist are you and believe everything Chinese is inferior to British cuz that is how you come across.  

Exactly. Now you see what I was saying.

WT heck are you on about 'British lorry in LOS? Thais paint the Union Jack on their lorries but it don't make them British. Have you taken any substances?

I just had a yoghurt....????

Their ad says.."Passion Drives ...since 1924"................????

https://www.mgcars.com/th/AfterSalesService

Thailand, your passion has a 4 year warranty, in the UK it is 7 years, why is that...?

Edited by transam

3 hours ago, transam said:

Their ad says.."Passion Drives ...since 1924"................????

But where does it say

4 hours ago, transam said:

Your Chinese ride is advertising it as a British MG,

But where does it say it's a 'British MG'? You can't show me so why spout that <deleted>? You are just bias because of your racist beliefs. It's a car and it serves a purpose irrespective who made it

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

Thailand, your passion has a 4 year warranty, in the UK it is 7 years, why is that...?

Depends on the model. 7 Years warranty applies to to 3 models. MG ZS, MG HS and MG3 Auto. Google is yer friend Transam. Kinda makes one look silly doesn't it for not Google-ing.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

6 hours ago, transam said:

I have never seen a British lorry in LOS with the Union Jack on it, only Jap ones as fun.

Anyhooo, you ain't got yours yet to find out about faults....????

But, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new purchase....????

I've driven an MG5 for years, one of the first in Hua Hin. Not one problem with it apart from the flexible sliding cover on the dash. The car panels are thicker than other comparable cars on the market, and doors shut with a satisfying clunk. So you're talking BS. When I shut the boot of the Suzuki effort (Swift?) it sounded and felt like pushing down the lid of a biscuit tin. I'll keep the MG thanks, even if it's not Western-made. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

I've driven an MG5 for years, one of the first in Hua Hin. Not one problem with it apart from the flexible sliding cover on the dash. The car panels are thicker than other comparable cars on the market, and doors shut with a satisfying clunk. So you're talking BS. When I shut the boot of the Suzuki effort (Swift?) it sounded and felt like pushing down the lid of a biscuit tin. I'll keep the MG thanks, even if it's not Western-made. 

mg5 isn't in the same class as the suzuki swift.  Compare it to the mg3. 

8 hours ago, DavisH said:

mg5 isn't in the same class as the suzuki swift.  Compare it to the mg3. 

Yes sorry, I have the MG3. Bought new in 2016 when the showroom didn't even have any in stock, I had to wait a couple of weeks I think. Apology for that, I was tired when I posted. ????

13 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But where does it say

But where does it say it's a 'British MG'? You can't show me so why spout that <deleted>? You are just bias because of your racist beliefs. It's a car and it serves a purpose irrespective who made it

Just open MG's link, look at top left hand corner, Passion Drives since 1924.

https://www.mgcars.com/th/Home

British flag used, British name used....Below...

https://www.mgcars.com/th/innovation/britdynamic

I wasn't spouting anything, just facts I had read.

Thailand does have 4 years warranty, my friends ZS has, the UK it's 7 years, as for all models I don't know as I haven't talked to an MG sales person, and doubt I ever will...

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I'm going for the 'Extender'.

OK, a Chinese truck with an MG badge, though I guess you knew that. I did wonder why we never saw the Chinese badged one in LOS, only now it's "British"....????

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Just open MG's link, look at top left hand corner, Passion Drives since 1924.

https://www.mgcars.com/th/Home

But it still doesn't say 'British MG' as you quoted.

12 minutes ago, transam said:

British flag used, British name used....Below...

Still doesn't say 'British' and even if it did It doesn't get me all hot headed like it does with you.

14 minutes ago, transam said:

I haven't talked to an MG sales person, and doubt I ever will...

Your loss.

16 minutes ago, transam said:

OK, a Chinese truck with an MG badge, though I guess you knew that

It can have a swastika badge for all it matters to me. I'm buying a car. If it does what it says on the tin and it's the right price then..................

Edited by IvorBiggun2