MG cars Thailand

Felt 35

38 minutes ago, transam said:

You have not read my link, now read it and tell me how many times British is mentioned.

You are one dumb <deleted>. That's the UK brochure. We are discussing the Thai brochure. Doh.smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif  Post # 172 might have gave you a clue.

38 minutes ago, transam said:

Below is what you bought, a Maxus T70 with British badges....

Did I???? Doesn't look like an MG in my book.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You are one dumb <deleted>. That's the UK brochure. We are discussing the Thai brochure. Doh.

Did I???? Doesn't look like an MG in my book.

Dumb eh, hmmmmm, they are the same MG cars, the brochure is in English so you can read it. The LOS ones say much the same.....British mentioned. Here's something more for you to ignore..

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/08/what-in-the-world-is-an-mg-extender-pickup-truck/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I had a 1973 MGBGT in the mid to late 80s.  Sold the rusting remains for it's second or third rebuild ????

Yep, sadly they rusted from the inside out, much the same as all BMC (BL) stuff..

But at least BMC used the MG name for its performance rides, and the Morris name for groceries......????

4 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

In the past 12 years here in Thailand I've owned a Toyota Pre-Runner and two Mazda BT50's, all from new. For the past 7 months I've owned an MG Extender. For those moaning about build quality, I reckon the Extender is at least equal to. if not better than the Mazdas. For what I paid for the 2 door manual Mazda BT50, I get a 4 door auto MG with an extremely (For me) comfortable interior with many extras that the other trucks didn't have. The ride is great and it accelerates better than the Mazdas and the Toyota.

Who cares where it comes from? Who cares that the MG brand is now owned by the Chinese? As someone said before, so is Volvo among others.

Instead of bitching on the computer, go to a showroom and sit in an Extender. You might be surprised.

Oh, and it has a 5 year warranty.

How long and how many KM's you have done on the MG Extender?

21 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

In the past 12 years here in Thailand I've owned a Toyota Pre-Runner and two Mazda BT50's, all from new. For the past 7 months I've owned an MG Extender. For those moaning about build quality, I reckon the Extender is at least equal to. if not better than the Mazdas. For what I paid for the 2 door manual Mazda BT50, I get a 4 door auto MG with an extremely (For me) comfortable interior with many extras that the other trucks didn't have. The ride is great and it accelerates better than the Mazdas and the Toyota.

Who cares where it comes from? Who cares that the MG brand is now owned by the Chinese? As someone said before, so is Volvo among others.

Instead of bitching on the computer, go to a showroom and sit in an Extender. You might be surprised.

Another one running out of cash and going backwards. You should be up to a Fortuna by now.⚖️

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

I was curious about why the normally conservative Thai pick-up buyers would buy an imported truck, so had a look at one in a mall - and yes, the equipment levels and the warranty look good, and it looks a lot like a Toyota - although I'd be worried about resale values.

There's also the thought that as a resident of Thailand I can support local industry by buying a locally built vehicle, as opposed to one built in China, but that's just my way of thinking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kinnock said:

I was curious about why the normally conservative Thai pick-up buyers would buy an imported truck, so had a look at one in a mall - and yes, the equipment levels and the warranty look good, and it looks a lot like a Toyota - although I'd be worried about resale values.

There's also the thought that as a resident of Thailand I can support local industry by buying a locally built vehicle, as opposed to one built in China, but that's just my way of thinking.

I think they are built in Rayong, but I could be wrong on that.

8 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

Ah yes - I just Googled it, and they have a factory in Chonburi - a joint venture with CP.

I'm always impressed with how many things are made in Thailand, as compared to my home country.

I have a "Made in Thailand" car, motorcycle, camera, TV, fridge, washing machine and wife.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, transam said:

And you cannot work out the obvious, in the online brochures and the ride badge........????

PS. British is mentioned in their online brochure, go and read stuff ....????

Only a UK chauvinist nationalist would claim that a Chinese made car is British only because it was designed in the UK

MG Motor UK Limited (MG Motor) is a British automotive company headquartered in Longbridge, Birmingham, England,[2] and a subsidiary of SAIC Motor UK, which in turn is owned by the Shanghai-based Chinese state-owned automotive SAIC Motor. MG Motor designs, develops and markets cars sold under the MG marque. MG Motor is the largest importer of Chinese made cars into the United Kingdom.

Edited by Susco

10 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Think the Extender is 'assembled' in Thailand...

10 hours ago, Susco said:

Only a UK chauvinist nationalist would claim that a Chinese made car is British only because it was designed in the UK

MG Motor UK Limited (MG Motor) is a British automotive company headquartered in Longbridge, Birmingham, England,[2] and a subsidiary of SAIC Motor UK, which in turn is owned by the Shanghai-based Chinese state-owned automotive SAIC Motor. MG Motor designs, develops and markets cars sold under the MG marque. MG Motor is the largest importer of Chinese made cars into the United Kingdom.

Think we all know that...

The Morris Garages mark was bought by the Chinese from BMW, who bought the remains of the Rover Group from the UK.

The Chinese obviously bought it to use the 'British' link to their Chinese stuff.

British Motor Corporation bought up most of the independent brands using their names for different car variants.

Morris name, along with Austin, were used on standard cars but the MG mark, which was Morris's performance arm, was used on performance models, Wolseley, Riley etc names were used on posh variants.  

So yeh, the Chinese pickup is a performance ride, eh....????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Think we all know that...

The Morris Garages mark was bought by the Chinese from BMW, who bought the remains of the Rover Group from the UK.

The Chinese obviously bought it to use the 'British' link to their Chinese stuff.

British Motor Corporation bought up most of the independent brands using their names for different car variants.

Morris name, along with Austin, were used on standard cars but the MG mark, which was Morris's performance arm, was used on performance models, Wolseley, Riley etc names were used on posh variants.  

So yeh, the Chinese pickup is a performance ride, eh....????

Time to realise that the 1960's ended 50 years ago

Edited by Susco
  • Like 2

These Turnips who love to tell us Google is Youre Friend, can now amuse themselves by searching Chinease Car Sales and that are a complete disaster due to Chinese Flu and Tyrany. These MG Fan Boys can then amuse us all with their pathetic defence of the Junk. 90% Down. Oh Dear.!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2019 at 11:15 AM, robertson468 said:

For information - a Union Jack is the flag flown off the stern of HM Ships and the Union FLAG is what you are talking about I believe, unless you intend to float your MG?  A common mistake made by many.

It is not a mistake. 

Although originally a "Jack" flag, in the early 19th century the term "Union Jack" was adopted as the name for the national flag everywhere.

During my time in the service I had to raise and lower the flag many a time, an accurate watch was essential.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 8:08 AM, transam said:

Though I agree with some of your post, and am pi__ed off with the MG name being used to "cover" Chinese stuff, plus I owned an MGB, they were not quality cars...

I had a Midget, took it with me when I went to Germany in 1972. Only car I ever made a profit on, had people queuing up to buy it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sandyf said:

It is not a mistake. 

Although originally a "Jack" flag, in the early 19th century the term "Union Jack" was adopted as the name for the national flag everywhere.

During my time in the service I had to raise and lower the flag many a time, an accurate watch was essential.

Dont menton the Yangste Incident Sandy. or the Red Ensign. Flags are rater a complex topic that i find interesting.:coffee1:

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

2017   SAIC Motor-CP Co. Ltd. and MG Sales (Thailand) Co. Ltd. recently staged the opening ceremony of the new MG production plant, located on a 437-rai plot of land at the Hemaraj Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate2. The new assembly facility is result of a THB 10-billion investment and has a maximum production capacity of 100,000 vehicles per year. It features the latest automations and intelligent robotics, along with the highest levels of production and quality control technologies.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, transam said:

At least they will be VW's assembled in China under the watchful eye of the Germans, not a Chinese car using a bought British performance brand name from the Germans and using the words British and since 1924..........:whistling:

Joint venture between Volkswagen and SAIC (SAIC own MG) Doubt here is too many Germans with watchful eyes overseeing the assembly.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

I had a Midget, took it with me when I went to Germany in 1972. Only car I ever made a profit on, had people queuing up to buy it.

They were good fun, very light, small engine, easy to work on....

• Like 1