Is it feasible to get a visitor visa while waiting for spouse visa?

Just waiting for the slow knuckle dragging Embassy to decide on letting us have a spouse visa for uk, we were married in May and after having to wait for various documents/accounts from my accountant the application was finally submitted July 25th, does anyone have any idea if we can apply for a visitor visa for uk while we are waiting, she was over here for 6 months from November to April so is there a waiting period before she can have another visitor visa? thanks in advance for any replies

No.

Even if she could apply, any such application would almost certainly be refused on the grounds of her stated intention to live with you in the UK.

If your accountant hadn't been so slow and knuckle dragging you'd have got your documents sooner and she'd have her decision by now!

7x7 is correct, of course, but it's probably not even as simple as that.  Your wife's passport is at the Embassy in Bangkok. She would need to get it back in order to make a new application. I know that might sound a bit silly, but I doubt if VFS will allow your wife to make a new application without presenting her passport.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I have it that, if your wife wants her passport back after it has gone to the Embassy, then she might be required to withdraw her settlement application. Not sure about that, but I seem to remember it from somewhere. Plus, the ECO would be thinking, if making a new application for a visit visa was allowed, what happens if your wife's settlement visa is refused ?  Would she be happy to leave the UK ?  Maybe you should have gone for the Priority Visa Service, as UKVI make it clear that processing can take up to 12 working weeks. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, stevefloyd said:

Just an update on this... she has now been granted a uk spouse visa, thanks for your replies ????

Good news and thanks for the update - she already had six months of the UK winter so at least not going to be that much of a shock - wish you both the best.

Archived