Where to get cheap or free used bicycle?

Barley

Hello,

I just came back to CM after most of the rainy season is over, and since Mobike isn't around any longer, I unfortunately need to buy a bicycle, so that I can get around and get some light exercise.

I heard free or inexpensive non-motorized bikes were previously offered in the CM Facebook groups.

I tried finding such a group, but had no luck. But I have to admit thst I am not very good with Facebook anyway.

It would be kindly appreciated, if you could give me some link or share any information with me, where I can buy a cheap used bicycle.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Ah, there was a misunderstanding.

I was referring to electrified's post here
https://forum.thaivisa.com/index.php?/topic/1119995-Mobike-still-around#entry14507238

and I took give-away prices to mean, some people want to give away their bikes for free.

Rereading the post, it became clear, that he meant inexpensive prices.

So anyway, I would be delighted if someone could give me a link to the CM Facebook group(s?) where such things are offered.

2 hours ago, Barley said:

Ah, there was a misunderstanding.

I was referring to electrified's post here
https://forum.thaivisa.com/index.php?/topic/1119995-Mobike-still-around#entry14507238

and I took give-away prices to mean, some people want to give away their bikes for free.

Rereading the post, it became clear, that he meant inexpensive prices.

So anyway, I would be delighted if someone could give me a link to the CM Facebook group(s?) where such things are offered.

They are offered in all of the 2nd-hand C.M. groups. There are many, 15-20 of them. You can't search in C.M. groups for "bicycle"? I don't mind helping but I don't have time to research for you. Not too difficult to find at all.

Thanks everyone , I think this is very helpful information to have in our forum.

For me, I found another solution: A good Thai friend heard about me wanting to buy a bicycle and offered me a bike, which is not being used, for free.

It already has a basket, runs very well, and I gratefully accepted the offer.

I just picked it up, only nedded to fill the tires and wipe some dust and now I have a great bike which I can use whenever I am in Chiang Mai. :)

I hope all the information in this thread contributed by the very helpful Thai Visa community will be helpful to other people who would like to buy a bike.

Archived