BANGKOK

I am in the middle of submitting an application for an O/A visa and cant get past the passport and recent photo page, I got the wife to take some photos with her phone to download to the PC, i scanned my passport and the THAIEVISA site has accepted it but it refuses to accept my photo, i have resized it to comply with the file size the application accepts, I converted it from PNG to JPEG, it keeps coming up with the error "Support jpg & jpeg only". the photos are all jpeg but when i press save to continue to step 4, it has deleted the photo, I have been at this for hours, resizing again and again, checking its definetly a jpeg but cant go any further....HELP

Don't put too much faith in error messages. Maybe it's not really about "Support jpg & jpeg only". Check the file properties to verify that the print size matches the requirement in inches or centimeters. 

Oh Great sounds good, you can actually apply for a O-A VISA in your homecountry ??? Or do I misread your text in some way????

glegolo

• Sad 1

OP, what website are you uploading photos to ? That is not usually part of the process to get an OA visa in home country.

Sounds like you may be using an agents website, not a Thai consulate website.

• Like 2

Nowhere it says OP is not doing in his country. I assume OP is very savvy and knows what he is doing. He may be doing it in the UK, I guess

Edited by onera1961

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

all 'O''A' visa's are applied for in your home country

Yes you are correct of course. I wrote it completely wrong. Thank you for correcting..

glegolo

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume he is applying online to the embassy in London where all visa applications have to be done online.

Same for Paris and Beijing.

Have a look at. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

thats exactly where i am doing it, this is the correct process Joe?

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, what website are you uploading photos to ? That is not usually part of the process to get an OA visa in home country.

Sounds like you may be using an agents website, not a Thai consulate website.

Thaievisa.go.th, this is where people from the UK have to apply, you submit the application online, print off the barcode and send it with your passport, the barcode allows the embassy in London to access the documents.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

thats exactly where i am doing it, this is the correct process Joe?

A friend of mine rung me up a few nights ago, he had just got a SE Non O. He said he had problems with the application, kept freezing on visa type. He said he changed to the Hull consulate and the application completed. As Hull do not do Non Os the application had to forwarded to London for approval and he was then told he would have to take his passport to Hull, the post was not an option at that time because of technical difficulties. The guy at Hull said he was lucky only coming from Sheffield, he had people from all over the country.

Sounds like there is some real problems with the software so it may be worth while checking with the embassy on current state of play.

PS. Posts crossed, hope all is well now.

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

A friend of mine rung me up a few nights ago, he had just got a SE Non O. He said he had problems with the application, kept freezing on visa type. He said he changed to the Hull consulate and the application completed. As Hull do not do Non Os the application had to forwarded to London for approval and he was then told he would have to take his passport to Hull, the post was not an option at that time because of technical difficulties. The guy at Hull said he was lucky only coming from Sheffield, he had people from all over the country.

Sounds like there is some real problems with the software so it may be worth while checking with the embassy on current state of play.

i didnt qualify for the O/A originally because the sale proceeds from our house hadnt been in the bank account for 3 months, i presume they use 3 months as to stop people borrowing the money for the application, then returning it afterwards, so Glasgow granted me a 90 day non-imm O, now the moneys been in the bank for 3 months, i am now doing the online retirement O/A but there is glitches in their software.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

Don't put too much faith in error messages. Maybe it's not really about "Support jpg & jpeg only". Check the file properties to verify that the print size matches the requirement in inches or centimeters. 

Also check that the file photo.jpg Is a jpg. Sometimes there is a hidden suffix eg x.jpg.png

4 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

i didnt qualify for the O/A originally because the sale proceeds from our house hadnt been in the bank account for 3 months, i presume they use 3 months as to stop people borrowing the money for the application, then returning it afterwards, so Glasgow granted me a 90 day non-imm O, now the moneys been in the bank for 3 months, i am now doing the online retirement O/A but there is glitches in their software.

I take it you got the Non O before the online arrangement. I think the software was amended a bit for London from the Chinese version so not sure if it has ever worked properly in the UK.