Over 60 percent of respondents to poll think Opposition debate was useless

webfact

67716432_10162406232050085_4736193177558

More than half of the respondents to a recent Suan Dusit Poll, taken between September 19th and 21st, said that the Opposition debate last Wednesday against Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, over his incomplete oath recital, was useless.

62.76% of 1,164 respondents told pollsters from Suan Dusit University that they felt the Opposition’s debate was useless because 41.6% said there was no clarification from the prime minister, 26.49% said it was because no vote was taken after the debate. Additionally, 23.18% said it failed on economic and bread and butter issues, 21.19% thought it was a purely political issue which has nothing to do with the people and 19.87% said it was simply a waste of time.

37.24% of the respondents, however, thought the debate was useful because 34.74% said they learned factual information from the debate, 23.26% got to understand the viewpoints of the opposing sides, 20% learned about the swearing-in ceremony, 15.79% said they now know more about the MPs and 12.63% said it provided direct access to information.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-60-percent-of-respondents-to-poll-think-opposition-debate-was-useless/

thaipbs.jpg

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Quite easy to predict if one knows anything about Thai culture which expressly prohibits any confrontation or loss of face.

Democracy is ill-suited to Thailand.

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Quite easy to predict if one knows anything about Thai culture which expressly prohibits any confrontation or loss of face.

If they had "democracy", perhaps you're right.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

62.76% of 1,164 respondents told pollsters from Suan Dusit University that they felt the Opposition’s debate was useless because 41.6% said there was no clarification from the prime minister

A flawed or corrupted poll.

If 2/3's of respondents who felt the debate was useless but learned that Prayut had no clarification for refusing to cite the oath correctly - wouldn't that be useful to know to whom Prayut does not pledge loyalty - namely the Thai people and their sovereignty?

Seems to me that the subject matter, an incomplete oath taking, is the real issue. How will that possibly have any effect on people's lives? Perhaps the subject of the current Minister of Transport allowing death trap mini vans to continue to take passengers after their effective sell by date may have livened things up. 

But after all, I suppose that avoiding conflict is the real issue here, perhaps they should have thrown appropriate parliamentary attire into the mix too as they did a month ago. Now that really was riveting!!! And we learned that the appropriate dress for attending parliamentary debates was, according to some, Western!!!! Apparently sensible loose fitting garments that were designed by Thais to help cope with the high temperature here, simply do not pass muster. Respect can be gained only by wearing a Western suit and tie. I'd be laughing if it was not so serious. Farce... 

4 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

No, Thai culture is ill suited to the modern world and to Thai people who deserve better.

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

13.21% wanted to know the future direction of the country.

Until they get a proper (not via a rigged election) democratic party installed, there is only one direction this country is going.

image.png.404c7b424890ae6869fd5dc8a5aab6f5.png

I'm sorry, but this is the direction with or without that election. Politicians care about themselves, not the prosperity of other people. Only time that gets into play is when next election is near and they need to sway voters their way.

Regardless of who is in power, instead of spending their entire time debating about who should sit at which side off the room, they should be throwing out the ideas how to prevent collapse of the economy and financial misery that will bring to majority of their voting base.

1 hour ago, rossco1 said:

hard to debate anything when you have absolute power over the government and the people 

if you don't like it you know the way out leave or shut up I'm the boss what I say you do no questions 

Time will tell how much the Thai people will take from this intern !

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

I'm sorry, but this is the direction with or without that election. Politicians care about themselves, not the prosperity of other people. Only time that gets into play is when next election is near and they need to sway voters their way.

Regardless of who is in power, instead of spending their entire time debating about who should sit at which side off the room, they should be throwing out the ideas how to prevent collapse of the economy and financial misery that will bring to majority of their voting base.

I am actually hoping that the entire economy collapses because one, exchange rates will improve and on top of that it may be the only way of ridding the country of these parasites!!!

19 hours ago, Expat Brad said:

I am actually hoping that the entire economy collapses because one, exchange rates will improve and on top of that it may be the only way of ridding the country of these parasites!!!

Sadly it doesn't work that way, have a look around the people of dirt poor war torn countries suffer while their leaders live in obscene wealth. 

Archived