BANGKOK
webfact

Britain to create 1 billion pound fund for clean energy technology

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Permanent storage is technologically easy, but governments just don't, apparently, want to spend the money.

If they do build deep storage bunkers, the disposal problem goes away.

Even better, use some of the money to develop ways to be able to recycle all the waste into new rods.

Well, i don't know it it's true, but i've read reports talking about nuclear waste stored into metal containers, and sunk in the sea.

Sometimes you still hear frightening reports about the Fukushima disaster.

I can understand the media silence in a way, panic would do no favours to anyone.

Did i tell you that i'm not so optimistic about nuclear energy ? :cool:

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What's wrong, Chomper? No new Brexit threads today?

Do you have anything to add to the discussion other than baiting?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's good to see the Conservatives have realized austerity was a bad idea and finally abandoned it.

Shame for all the poor people who had to suffer through it though

The national debt under this administration has increased by 3 times the amount it increased under all previous Labour administrations.... .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, i don't know it it's true, but i've read reports talking about nuclear waste stored into metal containers, and sunk in the sea.

Sometimes you still hear frightening reports about the Fukushima disaster.

I can understand the media silence in a way, panic would do no favours to anyone.

Did i tell you that i'm not so optimistic about nuclear energy ? :cool:

I have no illusions about the depths that capitalist organisations will go to save money. No wonder I'm pessimistic.

The Japanese disaster, like Chernoble was man caused. Their design did not take into account the tsunami that occurred. Had it done so, there would have been no catastrophe following the tsunami.

I always look to the French to see how a good nuclear power system should be run. It is possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have no illusions about the depths that capitalist organisations will go to save money. No wonder I'm pessimistic.

The Japanese disaster, like Chernoble was man caused. Their design did not take into account the tsunami that occurred. Had it done so, there would have been no catastrophe following the tsunami.

I always look to the French to see how a good nuclear power system should be run. It is possible.

I believe it's possible,  in the same time we have to accept that money and profit rule.

First time i shall agree with BS BJ, indeed its just trying to get some kind of approval.
The clown doesn't even know if he will survive until November, as well Qatar bigger oil producer just want to sale oil no green energy, sound a mickey mouse statement to get some approval in a moment that his rating is falling down dramatically !

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, blazes said:

If the UK, like most advanced countries, prints enough money to bring on some technological advancement, what could you possibly object to? 

Just "printing" new money is something the developed nations do not do anymore since the 30's. All remember the catastrophe when Germany did so to finance the about 4 mln strikers in the Rheinland who laid down their work as protest against the occupation of that area by the French in 1922.

Every minister of finance simply has to save that as difference between tax income and tax spending or by loans. When a nation loses confidence, like Italy or especially Greece, than the real problem occur.

Inflatory financing: even Boris will not lie that away.

• Like 1

With the present really low interest rates it makes sense to create funds like this. Also the Dutch are doing this, but broader and bigger than the UK one, an investment fund for 50 billion Euro. See this article, a few weeks old and the fund has been announced in the mean time. https://economics.rabobank.com/publications/2019/august/dutch-investment-fund/

Awesome ! And while Europe makes solid moves our governments fudges figures, denies, drags its feet, and walks the nations to the cliff edge. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Awesome ! And while Europe makes solid moves our governments fudges figures, denies, drags its feet, and walks the nations to the cliff edge. 

Solid moves? You mean like a dump?

• Haha 1