Britain to create 1 billion pound fund for clean energy technology

webfact

The Uk has had green energy for decades with nuclear power. Just expand it. It is inevitable any way. Stop wasting money on nonsense.

What these clowns refuse to accept is that the source of ALL energy on this planet comes from a maelstrom of burning atoms 93 million miles away and always will  and always has until the death of the planet. The biggest nuclear reaction we will ever see.

What happens when we wake up and realise the wind farms are affecting the climate, or the solar cells are reflecting more heat back into the atmosphere than green house gasses?

Go Thorium rectors, safe and reliable and no inherent danger.

10 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, i don't know it it's true, but i've read reports talking about nuclear waste stored into metal containers, and sunk in the sea.

Sometimes you still hear frightening reports about the Fukushima disaster.

I can understand the media silence in a way, panic would do no favours to anyone.

Did i tell you that i'm not so optimistic about nuclear energy ? :cool:

Lookup. During the daytime..

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have no illusions about the depths that capitalist organisations will go to save money. No wonder I'm pessimistic.

The Japanese disaster, like Chernoble was man caused. Their design did not take into account the tsunami that occurred. Had it done so, there would have been no catastrophe following the tsunami.

I always look to the French to see how a good nuclear power system should be run. It is possible.

Or Lucas heights? For the Aussies...been there for decades and saved many, many lives.

6 hours ago, DrTuner said:

If the greens allowed research on Gen IV reactors that can actually use the "waste" as fuel that issue too would be diminished: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_IV_reactor#Advantages_and_disadvantages

But no solar panels (Which have an enviromental cost to produce) and wind (Which destroy large areas by creating noise pollution and interfering with birds) are the only ones blessed by the "greens".

Well, damn. I was just watching the Netflix series about Bill Gates and the third episode is exactly about this. I had no idea Melissa and Bill were on it and already have solutions. I'm thorougly impressed by what they are doing, even considering he's got a huge PR machine to make it look good. And I like the crazy bread guy. Watch the series, it's good.

27 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Well, damn. I was just watching the Netflix series about Bill Gates and the third episode is exactly about this. I had no idea Melissa and Bill were on it and already have solutions. I'm thorougly impressed by what they are doing, even considering he's got a huge PR machine to make it look good. And I like the crazy bread guy. Watch the series, it's good.

Or use simple intelligence. 

Archived