Is it possible to get Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O", for temporary stay in Thailand, on basis of being Parent living with their Thai Child, at Thai Consulate, Savannakhet, Laos ? I gather, by deduction, that Savannakhet have stopped issuing this visa.

Is it possible to get Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O", for temporary stay in Thailand, on basis of being Parent living with their Thai Child, at Thailand Consulate, Savannakhet, Laos ?

I gather, by deduction, that Savannakhet have stopped issuing this visa.

Ref.

https://www.thaivisaservice.com/visa-application-bangkok-to-savannakhet-lao-pdr

Excerpt ;

"19th September 2019: Savannakhet is ok for Non B, Non O Marriage Multiple Entry & Tourist.

If refused/denied a visa there, the Consulate will offer you a 30 days Transit visa to ensure you can come to Thailand.

In case you got a Transit visa it can’t be extended at Thai Immigration.

And a new visa application (Non Immigrant only) must be at another location, not Vientiane or Savannakhet."

[ enlarged font size on last sentence by Our Man in the Tropics ].

Thus far, from last night,- I have not been able to get contact from the above company ;

But,- I will try again today during normal working time.

Thanking yee all in advance for your helpful constructive relevant replies.

Our Man in the Tropics

Edited by Our Man in the Tropics

Thanks to yee both above for your replies.

I clarify that I deducted the visas which were affirmed in the text of that website as given at Savannakhet from the total of all categories of visas, & thereby had a list of categories which has :

1_

some visas stated as definitely not given there

2_

some visas which are not stated either way

Hence,- the original post.

Following the confident intelligent replies, & especially from authoritative source as Ubonjoe, stating that Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O" on basis of applicant being parent living with their Thai child, is expected by them as currently being given by Thai Consulate at Savannakhet,- I felt re-assured to plan more for such an application & visit pending reply from Thai Visa Service company ;

And, happily,- the company returned to me later today to confirm that which yee stated.

So, yes,- Thai Consulate at Savannakhet, Laos do currently give Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O" based upon being parent of a Thai.

Cheers.

Edited by Our Man in the Tropics