Marriage Visa renewal options Forgot to send the money

Just wanted a some advice from someone with some more experience in doing this.

Been on a marriage visa with a child for 3 years renewed every year and my next renewal is coming up in 3 week.

I forgot to send the 400k for proof to extend (still slapping myself) I don't send money over that regally and when I do its to my wifes account for living expenses.

What are my options now?

I was thinking of going to KL anyway with the wife for a day. Apply at 12 am and pick up a new non 0 the next day. Send the minimum 400k into Thailand and leave it 2 months and expend for a year in Thailand.

I take it in KL I just need the marriage certificate and the other requirements and they are not going to ask to see that 400k in Thailand for 2 months?

Any other options that would be easer. I know I can extend in Thailand for 1 month but that still wont help me as when I try to extend after I would have only had the money in my account for 5 weeks.

Thanks

You can apply for a 60 day extension (there is no 30 day extension you can get) to visit your wife to get enough time to have the 400k baht in bank for 2 months and then apply for the one year extension.

KL want to see 400k baht in the bank for a single entry non-o visa.

Vientiane and Savannakhet will do a single entry non-o with no financial proof needed.

5 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Go to Savannaket Laos no money needed in Thai bank account. But you will need to leave Thailand every 90 days.

He does not have to apply for a multiple  entry non-o visa. A single entry non-o is all he needs.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension (there is no 30 day extension you can get) to visit your wife to get enough time to have the 400k baht in bank for 2 months and then apply for the one year extension.

KL want to see 400k baht in the bank for a single entry non-o visa.

Vientiane and Savannakhet will do a single entry non-o with no financial proof needed.

This does seem like the best option now. Thank you

Just an update. I went to immigration today and they declined the 60 day extension because I had done one already in 2017. Took a while to explain this but this is how they said it works.

1st Year / Marriage visa applied and accepted 2017. It ended and I extended for 60 days after.

2nd Year / Extended / or applied again cant remember with proof of funds Marriage visa extended for 12 months.

3rd Year / Now Oct 7th 2019 marriage visa expiring and can't extend for 60 days because I did this before in 2017.

The wife and I both questions this as I thought you could extend every 12 months for 60 days but seems you can't.

They have given me an option rather than leaving to give proof of funds transfers to Thailand for the last 6 months showing minimum of 40k Baht. This would renew for 12 months without leaving the country.

This is causing a problem because I had 1 large transfer in February for around 1 million baht and several 10 - 15 transfers of around 30 - 50k which were sent visa Transferwise and showing up on statements as Local transfers when they were sent from abroad. 

I'm thinking what I can do to not have to leave the country before my visa runs out. Seen several topics on the Transferwise transfers not showing from international but cant find anyone that has successfully renewed with them.

They are correct It is one 60 day extension per entry to the country. You are not the first person to have that problem.

If you could show the transfers of at 40k came from abroad for the past 6 months that would certainly be accepted.

But your transfers by Transferwise may be difficult to prove they came from abroad. Your bank may be able to do a credit advice to show which bank they were sent to by Transferwise and get proof from them. 

Some immigration offices have accepted printouts of the PDF files Transfer has available for your transfers. 

I suggest you look at some of the topics about Transferwise for more info.

If you cannot get it sorted out your best choice is make a trip to Vientiane, Savannakhet or Penang to get single entry non-o visa and then apply for the extension.

Thanks very much. I think I will try and print out the Transfers from Transferwise. I have just checked with them and they now have a dropdown on the app for reason for sending the money as For long term Thailand Visa at the bottom. The guy I spoke to is finding out what that will do if the money is sent that way. It seems a bit of a random option to have in there and must have been placed in there for a reason.

25 minutes ago, Parker123 said:

Thanks very much. I think I will try and print out the Transfers from Transferwise. I have just checked with them and they now have a dropdown on the app for reason for sending the money as For long term Thailand Visa at the bottom. The guy I spoke to is finding out what that will do if the money is sent that way. It seems a bit of a random option to have in there and must have been placed in there for a reason.

Bear in mind that the senior official at your immigration office has discretion to waive financial seasoning rules if, in his view, you clearly have the required funds, and only have a technical departure from the published rules. Many senior officials are reluctant to exercise this discretion (at least without financial inducements) but if your office is friendly, you may be lucky. At least it is worth asking.

36 minutes ago, Parker123 said:

The guy I spoke to is finding out what that will do if the money is sent that way. It seems a bit of a random option to have in there and must have been placed in there for a reason.

It means they should send your transfers to your bank if yours is one of the 3 banks they use here.

You can also call to be sure it is sent to your bank if it is one of the 3,

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

Bear in mind that the senior official at your immigration office has discretion to waive financial seasoning rules if, in his view, you clearly have the required funds, and only have a technical departure from the published rules. Many senior officials are reluctant to exercise this discretion (at least without financial inducements) but if your office is friendly, you may be lucky. At least it is worth asking.

Good to know thanks. Yes we did end up talking to someone senior and explained. We didn't ask we were passed over twice to try and help. I may try and go with what I have which is money that has arrived in Thailand in batches but not covering all of the requirements.  I will show I have admitted fault and demonstrate that its wont happen again. Fingers crossed, otherwise its a trip away for me and leave the wife looking after our kid or all 3 of us go away. I do fancy a break ????