BANGKOK
billsmart

TM.30 / TM.28 - More Mixed Signals

A friend of mine just returned from the UK and went down to our local Immigration Office to assist his wife in filing a TM.30 for his return. At my request, he asked there about the requirements to file TM.30s and TM.28s. He told them he was going to be going out of the province for a weekend golf trip and asked if he was required to file a TM.28 there and his wife another TM.30 when he returned.

He was told....(wait for it)....No, his wife only has to file a TM.30 if he leaves the country on his return. None are required for him just going in and out of the province.

????? 😧

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Seriously though. 

Does immigration really check every hotel booking all over Thailand?

17 hours ago, billsmart said:

A friend of mine just returned from the UK and went down to our local Immigration Office to assist his wife in filing a TM.30 for his return. At my request, he asked there about the requirements to file TM.30s and TM.28s. He told them he was going to be going out of the province for a weekend golf trip and asked if he was required to file a TM.28 there and his wife another TM.30 when he returned.

He was told....(wait for it)....No, his wife only has to file a TM.30 if he leaves the country on his return. None are required for him just going in and out of the province.

thats in line with rayong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If a hotel does a online report of a person staying all immigration offices can check to see it one was done when a person goes to immigration.

After the online report,

CM immigration want a signed and stamped form from the hotel, which you then change at an upstairs office at immigration for an official immigration receipt before you can get on with the real business you had at immigration.

A true time wasting paper circus.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

Seriously though. 

Does immigration really check every hotel booking all over Thailand?

That is the wrong question though isn't it. More correctly, does the report made by a hotel make it to the immigration records. The hotel is required by law to report any foreigner staying with them... maybe they do, maybe they don't. That report should include details like passport number and TM6 number. Does that report then end up on a foreigner's personal record with immigration? I expect that data would need to be manually transferred... does seem unlikely with 20 million tourists alone. 

But it does sometimes.....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, steve187 said:

thats in line with rayong

Same in Kanchanaburi,

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

After the online report,

CM immigration want a signed and stamped form from the hotel, which you then change at an upstairs office at immigration for an official immigration receipt before you can get on with the real business you had at immigration.

A true time wasting paper circus.

Wow! They really hate you there!