TM.30 / TM.28 - More Mixed Signals

2 hours ago, nrasmussen said:
5 hours ago, Max69xl said:
The only thing I don't understand when they "designed" the TM30 online report,why skip the receipt which should be possible to print out. How hard can it be? You can print out the 90 days report slip. 

My guess is that it's because it was originally designed to be used by hotels which don't need to print receipts.

I haven't tried yet but are you saying that when you file TM30 online they don't give you a confirmation?  Is there not at least a box or window saying "filing successful" or something like that you can take a screenshot of?

I haven't tried yet but are you saying that when you file TM30 online they don't give you a confirmation?  Is there not at least a box or window saying "filing successful" or something like that you can take a screenshot of?
I have only done it once a few months ago, so I don't remember if there was a confirmation or not.

But what I did subsequently was to use the search function to find what I had reported and then I made a screenshot of that.

My Thai wife has a small guesthouse. She has downloaded the section 38 app to her tablet but she is not great with computers and instruction manuals. I am trying to help her register but the instructions are in Thai. We are trying to find out which documents we need to submit scans of to register. Would be great if someone could advise.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

25 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

My Thai wife has a small guesthouse. She has downloaded the section 38 app to her tablet but she is not great with computers and instruction manuals. I am trying to help her register but the instructions are in Thai. We are trying to find out which documents we need to submit scans of to register. Would be great if someone could advise.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Copy of the first pages of her blue house book and copies of her Thai ID-card,both sides. Download these copies to the tablet. Then upload them when registering. 

Hi all, just following up on how to fill out the online TM30. I'm an expat renting a condo in Bangkok.  Does anyone know:

1. What should I put as "check-out" date if I don't know when I may leave the country again? 

2. What should I do with the table at the bottom that seems to have fields for all the same information as the fields at the top of the form (except in horizontal arrangement)?  Do I have to re-enter it all again?  Seems very odd.

3. Finally, what docs should I upload when filing, the same as when I registered?  At that time I uploaded scans of my passport and my landlord's tabien (condo land registration).  I didn't upload his Thai ID card although I have it.  

Hi all, so I've just come back from abroad and am trying to do my online TM30 notification. I see there is a notice saying 'check you have the Excel form version 3' but I can't find this new Excel form anywhere - does anyone have a handy link? It's not on the immigration website.

Just to note a glitch:  I filled in my information manually, clicked 'transfer this information to the table', it showed up in the table, then I clicked save and exit. But when I searched, my details didn't show up. Nor did they show up when I search for my previous TM30 in September, which definitely showed up in the search when I did the registration then (note the calendar was showing Western-style dates). 

So then I logged out and logged back in, searched again (this time the calendar was Buddhist calendar) and all my details are there. So, for some reason, the search function doesn't want to work with the Western-style calendar even though that was what the website provided...

Without my details showing up in the search box, the best I can do for now is take a screenshot of the filled in table in the reporting tab. 

I can see they have made some efforts at improving the clarity of the website, but there are clearly still lots of glitches!

(edit to update on success in searching after logging out and in)

Edited by sussex

1 hour ago, sussex said:

Hi all, so I've just come back from abroad and am trying to do my online TM30 notification. I see there is a notice saying 'check you have the Excel form version 3' but I can't find this new Excel form anywhere - does anyone have a handy link? It's not on the immigration website.

I assume you can download it by clicking this on the bottom right corner of the login page image.png.7ee1b8b95532abfd99d92392bcd75aa3.png of the online site. 

On 10/18/2019 at 10:32 AM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you can download it by clicking this on the bottom right corner of the login page image.png.7ee1b8b95532abfd99d92392bcd75aa3.png of the online site. 

What is the purpose of the Excel form?  I filled in the online page directly and it transferred to the table at the bottom of the page without problem.

19 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

What is the purpose of the Excel form?  I filled in the online page directly and it transferred to the table at the bottom of the page without problem.

If using the Excel form you don't need to fill in every thing again next time.

• Like 1

This was originally meant for hotels. Using the Excel form they can fill it out offline and then upload everything at the end of the day.

On 10/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, TerraplaneGuy said:

The advantage of using the Excel form to fill in your data and uploading it on the site, is that you can use that same filled-in Excel form next time you need to file a TM30.  It saves you the trouble of having to fill in all the data again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...