Jomtien beach vendors complain new signs are driving away tourists

Rimmer

Jomtien beach vendors complain new signs are driving away tourists

p1-N-Sept-21-01-No-Parking-paints.jpg

PATTAYA:--The city has recently put up no parking signs and painted the curbs red and white between Jomtien sois 17 and 19 to keep traffic moving through the narrower sections of Beach Road, but this has local vendors up in arms, claiming the new postings are driving away tourists.

Amnuaywit Sompongtham, Chairman of Jomtien Beach Umbrella Operator Club, said he is aware of the situation and has been told tourists are worried about possible fines for parking in the area. But he also complained about large tour buses ignoring the warnings, often parking to drop off and pick up tourists in the prohibited areas.

He said the noise and smell of the buses are more likely the culprits driving away tourists from that section of the beach.

Amnuaywit said he will talk with city officials in charge and try to rectify the situation.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-09-23--

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't drive away tourists that do not exist in the first place.

The blame lies with the 1984/Animal Farm Government and it's madness at trying to control everyone. Including the locals.

Jomtien beach would be packed like 2004/2005 if western tourists could get back to back 90 day visas and the baht was devalued by 50% or more.

And clean up the garbage big time....

Simple.

4 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

The blame lies with the 1984/Animal Farm Government and it's madness at trying to control everyone. Including the locals.

Jomtien beach would be packed like 2004/2005 if western tourists could get back to back 90 day visas and the baht was devalued by 50% or more.

Simple.

Totally agree can we add the police doing their job and stopping the road carnage as well,cheers

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Is that a paid position?

I doubt painting the cubs is driving away tourists seems kind of dumb.

Since when do tourists drive and if they did, how would they even know what red and white stripes mean? lol

6 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Simple.

And shoot the soi dogs.

Simple.

And urine tests nonesense.

Simple.

So they should devalue their currency so you cheap Charlie’s can live decently again?  Most tourists doesn’t care if the baht is 20% stronger than usual, only you poor expats car.

12 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

Amen--best words I have ever seen on this forum...) Lol sad but true--an Orwellian nightmare..Sadly many of the world's governments are moving in this direction..Sad times...

For once I agree with the government, when the coaches are parked within this section it does make it difficult for other vehicles to negotiate, as quite often the coaches do not leave any space between each coach for passing traffic, therefore if a car is passing in either direction it blocks the whole of the road and when you get several coaches parked together as often happens it causes havoc 

I walk the length of jomtien Beach most mornings. The busses park overnight along the south end of the beach, drivers and their spouses sleeping in them. In the morning the drivers dump their garbage off the sidewalk onto the rocky breakwater, leaving a disgusting mess that goes out with the tide, or not. So much for respecting their king's beach. 

9 hours ago, Totoandlilly said:

So they should devalue their currency so you cheap Charlie’s can live decently again?  Most tourists doesn’t care if the baht is 20% stronger than usual, only you poor expats car.

LOADSER Money me, look at my wad...

tourists dont care about the baht, ? so would you like to explain why there is no one here in JOMTIEN then,  none of my friends are coming over this year, and what they spend in one month is mind bogling, they are going to the Philipines, where they will be most welcome .. just got my fave Russian back though, must be ex red army, playing his marching music, expecting to see, tanks and rocket launchers rolling up our street, HOLD ON !! we now have the BEE GEES playing, thats manageable ,, lol

Having a police force lurking behind every vantage point, waiting to ticket unfortunate motorists doesn't help.  I don't go to Jomtien any more thanks to an over-officious charlie who confiscated my licence for a made-up offence whilst ignoring Thai red-light runners & speedsters.

12 hours ago, Totoandlilly said:

Yes that's why we (the poor) come to Thailand, the rich have better places to chose from to retire.

Is that right? But my familly are not coming next year because of the high baht and it will cost so much more,so i go there instead ,2 friends are only coming once this year instead of the normal 3 times. But then you hi so types have so much money you can sit at the bar all day bragging,that is when your not on here pretending.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived