Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Seeing as how thailand is moving forward with some aspects of medical and growing of cannabis. even though the thai govt seems bent on all things thai. let's find out what people actually like.....

 

OG Kush - humboldt seed company

pink - barneys farm

larry OG - cali connection

strawberry banana - dna reserva pravada

skywalker kush -dna reserva pravada

death bubba - i don't know the breeder but any fellow canadian's may be able to help

gorilla bomb - bomb seeds

vanilla kush - barneys farm

girl scout cookies - bc bud depot

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dream Queen.  C. sativa hybrid strain.  

 

But your selection is a drop in the bucket and becoming out dated with all the new strains that are coming out with higher and higher % of THC, up over 30%.  See today's article on new "breed" developed in Chiang Mai claiming high CBD and THC levels.

 

I'm in California for the growing season, where it's legal for recreational use now. I am working with some smaller growers as a plant health care - IPM specialist  for soil testing and Rx amendments and pest/disease management. I don't like what I see going on in many respects and I'm backing out of being a part of it. The medicinal aspect in my opinion is largely a smoke screen for the recreational side, where people just want to get happy and not get arrested for it. 

 

What's happening here is a huge market with a lot of money and hype, and largely run by big corporate business.  Growing methods are extremely wasteful of water and other resources, and not ecological, sustainable. Excess organic materials can be polluting too. 

 

I can't help but think, what if we put this kind of interest and money toward healthy food production, high nutrient density soil building and water management, development of pest and disease resistant varieties of fruits and vegetables and grains and livestock feed?  I think that would have more positive "medicinal" value than all the hemp in the world can produce. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, drtreelove said:

Dream Queen.  C. sativa hybrid strain.  

 

But your selection is a drop in the bucket and becoming out dated with all the new strains that are coming out with higher and higher % of THC, up over 30%.  See today's article on new "breed" developed in Chiang Mai claiming high CBD and THC levels.

 

I'm in California for the growing season, where it's legal for recreational use now. I am working with some smaller growers as a plant health care - IPM specialist  for soil testing and Rx amendments and pest/disease management. I don't like what I see going on in many respects and I'm backing out of being a part of it. The medicinal aspect in my opinion is largely a smoke screen for the recreational side, where people just want to get happy and not get arrested for it. 

 

What's happening here is a huge market with a lot of money and hype, and largely run by big corporate business.  Growing methods are extremely wasteful of water and other resources, and not ecological, sustainable. Excess organic materials can be polluting too. 

 

I can't help but think, what if we put this kind of interest and money toward healthy food production, high nutrient density soil building and water management, development of pest and disease resistant varieties of fruits and vegetables and grains and livestock feed?  I think that would have more positive "medicinal" value than all the hemp in the world can produce. 

i see you chose a strain easily grown by amateur growers. 🙂

 

if you want to start a thread on sustainable farming and future development id be more than happy to comment on a subject like that. 

 

you're kidding about the article on the thai gov't developing new strains right ? you must be joking. you got me. you have reached super saiyan status.  

 

ps... 3 of my top strains are in the top 5 in california in 2019. being from california and working on cannabis there you must of known that. remind me how outdated they are again ? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sillyfool said:

i see you chose a strain easily grown by amateur growers. 🙂

 

if you want to start a thread on sustainable farming and future development id be more than happy to comment on a subject like that. 

 

you're kidding about the article on the thai gov't developing new strains right ? you must be joking. you got me. you have reached super saiyan status.  

 

ps... 3 of my top strains are in the top 5 in california in 2019. being from california and working on cannabis there you must of known that. remind me how outdated they are again ? 

 

 

It's me that is out of date. I didn't know that about your top strains.  I saw OGs and Kush and know those names and derivatives have been around a long time.  What I am working with is what is being called "botique hemp" for flowers high in CBD, low or no THC. It's on a special research permit through a university, not yet a legal category for production.  

 

Right now working with an outdoor grow in a fog zone where botritus mold hits em hard. I previously saw a large portion of a crop brown out almost overnight. And then there are budworms. I have a good flowering stage spray solution with no oily residue. It's a biological fungicide, water soluble azadirachtin and micronutrient solution with a fulvic acid adjuvant.

 

Vegetative stage is relatively easy, but late flowering right before harvest is when big losses can occur if they aren't ready for disease suppression and to harvest and dry. If you have experience with pest and disease control in this late flowering stage, suggestions are welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its a plant.

Right, what does it matter what it's called as long as it gets you off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Right, what does it matter what it's called as long as it gets you off!

Exactly dude. The bricked up dirt weed here. Fine. 

 

Luckily for me I get real Cali, and the difference is of course huge. But its all a plant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sillyfool said:

 let's find out what people actually like.....

Back yard Ban Nok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

modern knowledge says it is not that simple.

 

different strains with different terpenes have different effects on each individual.

 

sincerely yours

bricktop

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 9:07 PM, PatOngo said:

Right, what does it matter what it's called as long as it gets you off!

But with local weed, what's gettin you off may have as much to do with the abamectin miticide and myclobutanil fungicide, and who knows what else residual pesticides.  Even with supposed organic grows there is a lot of under the table pesticide use, because most growers don't know what to do about mites and mold and other pest and disease issues without hard chemistry. 

 

The best thing about legalization and product lab testing in California has been required pesticide lab screening for product certification.  Even with legalization, I can't imagine reliable testing in Thailand, without undisclosed breaches of standards, and payoffs to look the other way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...