British Labour leader Corbyn faces showdown with party members over Brexit

webfact

An interesting quote from Austin Mitchell "the remainiacs have taken over the party" his reference to Labour ignoring all the Labour voters that voted leave.
In my opinion we were all told what it entailed leaving the EU, many many times, "we will leave the single market and the customs union, it will be a once in lifetime referendum, parliament will respect your vote, etc etc etc."
We all knew that if a deal was not agreed within 2 years we would leave with no deal, now our duplicitious MPs have decided to keep on extending the 'deadline' ad infinitum, and to take no deal off the table, the only reason they would do this is to make it even more difficult to leave and not help us secure a good deal.
A similar scenario would be:
A knock on the door and the son answers it and the conversation that follows:
Son: dad there's someone here wants to buy our house and he has offered us £5.00.
Father: ok tell him he can have it.
Son: but isn't that a bit cheap dad?
Father: yes it is but I just want to sell it.
Son: but wouldn't we be better waiting till we get a better offer.
Father: yes we would, but the family has had a meeting and we just want a deal, tell him he can have it.
Son to enquirer: dad says you can have it.
Enquirer: ok, but tell your dad when he leaves he still has to pay for the television licence, the telephone rental and keep on paying for the gas and electric.

"We all knew" is nothing but spin.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

"We all knew" is nothing but spin.

14 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

It was an option. Nothing more. For Parliament to decide which option to pass or not.

You said earlier that no deal doesn't mean no deal, well I don't mind telling you that has put my life in turmoil. I have have phoned a friend and my friend doesn't know, so I decided to go 50-50, that cleared it all up, we were just left with 'no deal'

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Was it May who mislead the 17.4M with all these lies? she must be a dammed good impersonator of Mogg, Gove, Boris, etc.

Well I, sure as <deleted> wasn't mislead nor were millions of others AFAIK.

I figured that they were merely politicians promised and treated them as such.

BTW way did you believe them?

If you didn't that makes either me as smart as you, or you as smart as me.

You said earlier that no deal doesn't mean no deal, well I don't mind telling you that has put my life in turmoil. I have have phoned a friend and my friend doesn't know, so I decided to go 50-50, that cleared it all up, we were just left with 'no deal'
Confuse yourself at your own pleasure. There is a world of difference between specifying no-deal and there being no (specific) deal on the table. PS phoning a Hard Brexit friend? Yes, that should be a lot of help.

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Confuse yourself at your own pleasure. There is a world of difference between specifying no-deal and there being no (specific) deal on the table. PS phoning a Hard Brexit friend? Yes, that should be a lot of help.

Hilary Benns amendment of taking no deal off the table is only temporary, it is law we leave with no deal unless the MPs keep extending that bill too. After an election MPs like Benn may not be around to screw parliament.

Archived