60 Day SETV Extension and TM30?

If I enter Thailand on a 60 day single entry tourist visa and then want to extend it by a further 30 days, do I have to have all my TM30s up to date for them to grant the extension?  I always travel around the country when I visit, including overnight train and bus journeys etc so I guess this would be a problem for my TM30 history.

muchas gracias

During your travels within the country only hotels and etc do TM30 reports of your stay at them. If you stay in hotels then you will need have a new TM30 form submitted dependent upon the immigration office where you apply for the extension.

The TM30 form is only for reporting your residence not just traveling within the country.

• Like 1

If you are a tourist visiting the country then the TM 30 does not apply to you. Example, tourists stay in hotels and it is the hotels responsibility to notify immigration as usual. If you have temporary residence in the country then your landlord has to notify immigration.

3 minutes ago, Dominion said:

If you are a tourist visiting the country then the TM 30 does not apply to you. Example, tourists stay in hotels and it is the hotels responsibility to notify immigration as usual. If you have temporary residence in the country then your landlord has to notify immigration.

I know from experience that some of the hotels/guesthouses, especially on the islands, do not file tm30. Will I have any problems with an extension due to this?

Hi, I also need a quick answer to a question:

i live in Bangkok and want to go on holiday to another province. I know the hotel will submit a Tm30, and I believe my landlord has to also submit a new Tm30 within 24 hours of my return. I just want to confirm this is correct, as I’m hearing so much conflicting information.

thanks

11 hours ago, Lef22 said:

Hi, I also need a quick answer to a question:

i live in Bangkok and want to go on holiday to another province. I know the hotel will submit a Tm30, and I believe my landlord has to also submit a new Tm30 within 24 hours of my return. I just want to confirm this is correct, as I’m hearing so much conflicting information.

It depends upon if you will be doing something at immigration. If not I would not worry about it.

If yes then it needs to be done or you could have problems. 

• Thanks 1