Company Changing Name. What happens to my work permit?

Hi,

The company I'm working for is being acquired by a bigger company and will undergo a change in name. under those circumstances, would I be required to change my work permit to include the new company name or would it still be the same?

32 minutes ago, Satish said:

I am worried about it as I have been working in the same company for the past 3 years to be eligible for a permanent residency.

It will have no effect on applying for PR.

The requirement is working for the 3 years and paying taxes. Changing employers does not affect that.

23 hours ago, Satish said:

would I be required to change my work permit to include the new company name or would it still be the same?

I had to go to the Labor Department and submit a bunch of documents (iirc passport, company registration, director IDs...not sure if more, didnt quite check what was missing from my stack which was for other purposes to begin with),and then they updated a page in the book. Didn't get a new one, aka old information on the main page but an entry toward the last pages with stamp, along with 3 pages.

1 stating having left the current place of employment

1 stating having been hired by new place of employment

1 stating working for (now) current place of employment (or so the translation/explanation I've been given).

Should be fairly hassle free overall.