Going to CW for visa extension but without TM-30

Hi, I've been after my landlord for a TM-30 but I've been getting put off, and tomorrow I have to go to CW for my annual visa extension application.  (I have lived over ten years at this apartment building but the landlord has never filed a TM-30 for anybody.)

So, I'll be going to CW with my visa extension papers all in order but no TM-30.  I'd appreciate hearing from folks who have previously been in this situation, and what happened? Thanks.

Take an extra copy of your passport pages, and an extra copy of your rental agreement. 

Get a TM30 form as you go into the immigration department and get a ticket number. Fill in the form while you wait to get called. Expect to get a 600 baht fine. That should be  that. 

You can ask them about giving you a password and user name to be able to register yourself online so you can then do your own reporting.

Then go do your extension of stay. 

You could try doing the extension of stay first but they might well send you to the TM30 desk which can waste an extra hour or two. 

Edited by berybert

I do not believe that your extension will be granted without having a valid TM30 on file. Therefore you should go prepared to file a TM30 at the "B" desks before queueing for the TM7 (L desks). (You could get both tickets at the same time, assuming you can finish the TM30 in time for your L1 nn number to be called?)

The B desks are quite busy, they were last week on Wed and Fri, with several hundred people waiting. There are 4 - 5 staff, who seem to be handling this task relatively quickly. Personally I'd go very early, ~ 06:15 for the pre-pre-pre-pre queue, the 08:00 re-queue and get one of the first B desk numbers.

This doc list is old, and there are newer ones which a search might yield...

For those in Bangkok: Documentation for self filing a TM.30 are
Copies of;
-the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the thai i/d of the person in the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the data page of your passport
-the thai visa in your passport (if you have one)
-your most recent entry stamp
-your extension (if you have one)
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

800 baht tip for the jar

For my ext stay/ret (TM7) last week at CW, (I had a valid TM30 on file), my copies of the blue book and thai landlord's id (both signed) were retained, as was the lease, a photo of me in front of the building with address numbers visible, and a hand-drawn map. (Other documents submitted, deemed unnecessary were returned by the initial IO.)

• Like 1

Hi, I've seen the press on the TM30 controversy across the country but unclear on the current requirement at Chaeng Wattana.  I've been doing retirement extensions of stay there for 7 years and have never been asked for a TM30.  My most recent was January of this year.  Is CW now requiring a TM30?  

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

my landlord completes a list of tenants passport/visa details which he sends to immigration/police, what proof can i get from the landlord that this has been done which i can show to immigration?

Why would you need proof, it will be on a computer if he has done it. They will look It up. 

8 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Very strange indeed. How did you manage to get an extension of stay without a TM30?

Perhaps no trips out of the country or stays in a hotel and etc that reported him.

There is no requirement to have a TM30 report recept in your passport unless there is reason for doing one.

In late August when I renewed my retirement extension of stay at CW they checked for TM30 submission.   I had not had a TM30 submitted since being here for over a decade and this was like my 10th extension of stay renewal at CW...had never been asked TM30 submission proof before.  The immigration officer would not finalize the extension of stay approval until I went to the TM30 section and get their blessing a TM30 had been filed in the past or file one today if needed.  So, went to the TM30 section...had to file a TM30 and got fined Bt800....this took around 4 hours in the TM30 section due to hundreds of people in the queue that day. Took the receipt back to the immigration office and she finished the approval of the extension of stay.  It was an all day affair due to the TM30 filing requirement.  All previous years I was done by around 11am or earlier.   

Now, starting in early September the TM30 debacle got tons of bad press on TV and in newsprint (domestically and internationally), so maybe CW has backed-off of the TM30 requirement somewhat....don't know....just guessing