UK PM Johnson says: don't expect Brexit breakthrough in New York

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

that means he has to call PM's back and make an attitude adjustment, oh boy it will not be easy

No. The ruling categorically states that parliament is not prorogued. Technically it could sit today. It's the duty of the Speaker to declare parliament open. He has said he wants it open as soon as possible. Likely to be sitting tomorrow morning.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, david555 said:

Glad to see you are still in good doing ????,by this present dreadful day for you ,11 judges unanimous agreed that you have a illegal doing prime minister  .

But I must say this verdict proves that not all Brits lost their mind , your country start becomes now  recognizable again as it was before and respected , ….like the saying "1 rotten apple (or a few) does not make the whole basket rotten ."

Shutting down a parliament is a not a acceptable action ….in any democratic country 

And this my opinion has nothing to do with Brexit 

Neither is ignoring 17.4 million of the people that voted to leave the EU.

Shutting down a parliament is a not a acceptable action ….in any democratic country 

The UK democratic, don't make me laugh, democracy is only relevant to remainers when it goes their way. The referendum was democratic wasn't it, so much for the establishment respecting democracy. When we have the General Election, that will sort the chaff from the wheat, all the bad apples will be voted out then and replaced with MPs that have a backbone, then the smugness of the remainers will be replaced by humbleness.????

28 minutes ago, david555 said:

Now the U.K. need to make urgent work to make a WRITTEN constitution like"normal country's over the whole world has" ….so avoid such situations as present …..Even Thailand has one …..say 'it all  

The opposite is true. The UK has an unwritten constitution, todays ruling has proved that that unwritten constitution is working well. It has strenghtened the unwritten constitution, not weakened it.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

The UK democratic, don't make me laugh, democracy is only relevant to remainers when it goes their way. The referendum was democratic wasn't it, so much for the establishment respecting democracy. When we have the General Election, that will sort the chaff from the wheat, all the bad apples will be voted out then and replaced with MPs that have a backbone, then the smugness of the remainers will be replaced by humbleness.????

As  much as you (or Boris, or Cummings or anyone really) want Brexit, you must realise that you have to achieve it legally.  

Good to see the UK's checks and balances standing up to the task.

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No. The ruling categorically states that parliament is not prorogued. Technically it could sit today. It's the duty of the Speaker to declare parliament open. He has said he wants it open as soon as possible. Likely to be sitting tomorrow morning.

great,  can't wait to see BJ's face while facing the PM's ... his stuttering/mumbling will prevail when he's faced with tough questioning

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

I get strongly the feeling you are talking to your mirror image …..so the ruling means nothing to you …..11 supreme judges does not impress Vogie ...

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The opposite is true. The UK has an unwritten constitution, todays ruling has proved that that unwritten constitution is working well. It has strenghtened the unwritten constitution, not weakened it.

Indeed, today's ruling has just become part of that unwritten constitution  - it has the advantage of adapting to changing times dynamically, without new laws having to be enacted.  

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yes but it let many impressions possible , a written one works much quicker to bring clarity,.... see how much efforts I costed now ...as you see a politic opportunist as now  use it for his own agenda  

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

Yes but it let many impressions possible , a written one works much quicker to bring clarity,.... see how much efforts I costed now ...as you see a politic opportunist as now  use it for his own agenda  

Hasn't worked well for the US has it? 2nd amendment? The advantage of the UK constitution is that it's far more flexible. It's relatively easy to change it and adapt it to changing times.

27 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Hasn't worked well for the US has it? 2nd amendment? The advantage of the UK constitution is that it's far more flexible. It's relatively easy to change it and adapt it to changing times.

All you have written works for both sides , that is why he could do what he has done …..and any who take him as his example ...looks the efforts it has cost....all that flexibility from Boris …. next one Farage flexibility and avoiding Boris mistakes ...

You are right I can also fly from London to Rome passing the south pole ….(wink …) 

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

All you have written works for both sides , that is why he could do what he has done …..and any who take him as his example ...looks the efforts it has cost....all that flexibility from Boris …. next one Farage flexibility and avoiding Boris mistakes ...

You are right I can also fly from London passing the south pole ….(wink …) 

No, that's why he couldn't do what he tried todo. Our constitution relys on the laws of the land and parliamentary protocol, he changed neither an droyally got his bottom spanked.

Also he lied to the Queen and dragged her into this mess. A real no no. It's within her remit to chop his head off. I do hope that the execution is televised live.

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No, that's why he couldn't do what he tried todo. Our constitution relys on the laws of the land and parliamentary protocol, he changed neither an droyally got his bottom spanked.

Also he lied to the Queen and dragged her into this mess. A real no no. It's within her remit to chop his head off. I do hope that the execution is televised live.

Your politicians will make work for a written one as already first calls for that , as now they see flexabillity as  you called it worked , but what about the next more clever one …...

Btw why not only from now spoken contracts on bank matters rent matters , work condition etc …? 

But hey praise yourself lucky today , and as your U.K. it is your country & choice , I more appreciate our European / individual country's ones ….. Thanks to Napoleon  … 

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Your politicians will make work for a written one as already first calls for that , as now they see flexabillity as  you called it worked

Lib Dems who have been calling for Proportional representation for decades. Neither PR or a written constitution will happen. Quite happy with what we've got thanks.

Works for us.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Lib Dems who have been calling for Proportional representation for decades. Neither PR or a written constitution will happen. Quite happy with what we've got thanks.

Works for us.

just saw interview Boris on Al Jazeera , he does not seem to change course …. that's what you get with flexabilliyty ,

still on course for 31 leaving and a queen speech prorogation 

Up to your Queen now what to decide I would say ….. looks deeper and deeper a constitutional crises deepening ….

I wonder how the E.U . go see and react on 

Labour won’t be there, they are still in Brighton tearing themselves apart.

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Labour won’t be there, they are still in Brighton tearing themselves apart.

Nope, the news of Johnson tearing himself apart united them, happy families now. They've wrapped up and will all be in parliament at 11.30 tomorrow morning, champing at the bit and desparate to get their teeth into Johnson and his cohorts. I think the supine one is going to get a ripping too.

Nope, the news of Johnson tearing himself apart united them, happy families now. They've wrapped up and will all be in parliament at 11.30 tomorrow morning, champing at the bit and desparate to get their teeth into Johnson and his cohorts. I think the supine one is going to get a ripping too.

Give over ‘ker, they’ve got their holidays booked. It’s Conservatives next week too.
If they had anything substantial for Boris they would have used it already. They can’t push too hard or they could end up with a general election. LAB would be in trouble then.

Archived