‘Eat, Shop, Spend’ wins 1m subscribers on very first day

snoop1130

‘Eat, Shop, Spend’ wins 1m subscribers on very first day

By The Nation

800_92760a2d4d5a6f7.jpg

The “Eat, Shop, Spend” campaign earned an overwhelming response on Monday (September 23), the very first day of its launch, with close to one million Thais registering.

Krungthai Bank set the daily limit for registration at one million.

The campaign was launched to boost domestic spending and aims to offer 10 million people a Bt1,000 voucher via the G-Wallet mobile application to spend in specific shops between September 27 and November 30.

Krungthai Bank’s president Payong Srivanich said on Monday (September 23) that though the website slowed down a bit, the bank boosted its bandwidth to deal with a large volume of traffic.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376621

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-23

good news!

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

"Eat, Shop, Spend’ wins 1m subscribers on very first day"

Good to hear! The Thai government travel scam is up and running again and back on the rails. Just a digital Thai 4.0 glitch.

Foreign tourists.........it is nothing to do with you, it is secret Thai tourist business, keep your nose out. 

1 hour ago, MaxLee said:

Connection error, desperate double and triple refresh and double, triple payment by accident.... :cheesy:

Programme complexity grows until it exceeds the capability of the programmer who must maintain it.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some time ago I read about a shop (I think it was in Spain) which offered Nutella for a very special price. It seems that started a BIG fight...

In my home-country the twice a year offered Computer-promotions by the budget supermarket ALDI were famous for fights breaking out.  Especially when people arrived 4 hours before opening time to be first on the limited offers only to find out that the supermarket staff had already served their family/friends first, and none or only a few PCs remained.

16 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No such thing as a free meal.... I bet the small print is interesting reading.

I would debate that. Where the quality of Thai government management is involved "free meals" will surely abound, not only to participants but to those who created and are administering the scheme.

How many claimants will there be who might have the necessary evidence of travel expense to support a claim but in fact never leave the comfort of their own home? Plenty is my guess.

There are no flies on the Thais when there is free money on the table. Anything they can get back from the filthy rich taxpayers is a bonus.

Archived