Am I allowed in?

Okay no problem with the government or immigration, you will be let in.

If the guy is still angry with you, he is unlikely to forget, what you could experience while in Thailand is an open issue and worth some consideration.

Oh unlikely but ....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bill97 said:

Okay no problem with the government or immigration, you will be let in.

If the guy is still <deleted> off with you, he is unlikely to forget, what you could experience while in Thailand is an open issue and worth some consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So what could happen? Could he really find me?

IS there any way of checking?

Thank you

34 minutes ago, DanOily said:

So what could happen? Could he really find me?

IS there any way of checking?

Thank you

Someone with the right technical skills could almost certainly track you down based on your online persona. This is especially true when you use social media. As a practical matter, however, you really do not need to worry about someone who spouts threats on Facebook. Relax.

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Someone with the right technical skills could almost certainly track you down based on your online persona. This is especially true when you use social media. As a practical matter, however, you really do not need to worry about someone who spouts threats on Facebook. Relax.

Pretty sure he is Thai army/govt though based on his profile though his name is very very middle eastern

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not in your case. As said you have nothing to worry about.

That topic is little old as well. Things have changed a little since then.

Thanks mate. I am reading another now about arrest warrants. If he had a mate maybe I could be on that and not worth risking a Thai gaol but still no info on how to check if I am

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1036661-police-issue-an-arrest-warrant-for-me-advice/page/2/#comments

DanOily, I understand you are worried.

But after 50 people assuring you that there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about, as long as you didn't smear the Royal Family or the Army, it's time to stop posting about it.

If by now, you are still not assured enough, you never will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

DanOily, I understand you are worried.

But after 50 people assuring you that there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about, as long as you didn't smear the Royal Family or the Army, it's time to stop posting about it.

If by now, you are still not assured enough, you never will.

OK so 2 simple questions neither have been answered.

1. Can I check to see if there is a police arrest warrant? I believe these can be issued without just cause

2. Can I check if I am on an immigration blacklist?

1 hour ago, DanOily said:

1. Can I check to see if there is a police arrest warrant? I believe these can be issued without just cause

2. Can I check if I am on an immigration blacklist?

1. A arrest warrant is not that easy for somebody to have done. Certainly not without just cause.

2. This company at one time could check with immigration to see if your are blacklisted or if there is anything that could show up when enter the country. Contact them at the email address shown on their website. https://www.thaivisaservice.com/

A police clearance certificate would only show if you have a criminal record.

• Like 1

If you can find your original FB post, just delete it, for safety.. But it may still be accessible.. 

If there are issues on arrival, very, very doubtful, with the FB post now suddenly gone from the www..

The burden of any proof is now much more difficult, if questioned.. 

Anything related to leste majeste law matters, ie- anything about the Thai royal family, past or present, or any defamatory concerns of a political nature, or comments related to internal security matters..

I remember several years ago, the author of a self published book printed about 10 yrs prior, was detained after arrival in the country and charged with leste majeste, over a one paragraph comment. The author from USA, I tend to remember, was charged and sentenced to a jail term of up to 10 years.. He was released several months later on appeal and deported.. His book was a short run of less than 100 books.. 

Now social media comments can have far reaching consequences in Thailand if care isn't taken.. 

21 minutes ago, owenm said:

If you can find your original FB post, just delete it, for safety.. But it may still be accessible.. 

If there are issues on arrival, very, very doubtful, with the FB post now suddenly gone from the www..

The burden of any proof is now much more difficult, if questioned.. 

Anything related to leste majeste law matters, ie- anything about the Thai royal family, past or present, or any defamatory concerns of a political nature, or comments related to internal security matters..

I remember several years ago, the author of a self published book printed about 10 yrs prior, was detained after arrival in the country and charged with leste majeste, over a one paragraph comment. The author from USA, I tend to remember, was charged and sentenced to a jail term of up to 10 years.. He was released several months later on appeal and deported.. His book was a short run of less than 100 books.. 

Now social media comments can have far reaching consequences in Thailand if care isn't taken.. 

I don't know what the post was. The bloke contacted me via messenger and had some interesting language.

I have never and would never post anything derogatory towards the Thai Royals or their defense. I have no reason to let alone knowing it wouldn't be any good for me. 

I've taken screenshots of the conversation from the fool who contacted me and can show that but I don't know what it was in relation to. Also don't know if he has reported me that it would matter or be considered

2 hours ago, owenm said:

I don't post anything that may be risky on FB. I have read in recent news where even Thai people have been arrested and charged for just clicking the LIKE button for some comment on FB that authorities did not like. Self censorship has become a big thing the past few years, not just in Thailand but also in places where SJWs run rampant. Many of my friends make a point of never commenting or "liking" anything on the net.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Someone with the right technical skills could almost certainly track you down based on your online persona.

A couple of years ago I was chatting with some guy on the net and the topic of identity came up. He said he was not worried because nobody would be able to find him anyway. Five minutes later I sent him a screenshot of the front of his house in the USA taken from Google Streetview. That is how long it took me to find out where he lived from various comments he had made the past few months. People forget that you can google just about anything these days. If you know a person's name and a few other snippets of info about them, then it is often possible to find out much more. Too late for me on FB but in all other places I never use my real name online.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, ubonjoe said:

Absolutely false info. That certainly is not possible.

Your wifes friend was spouting nonsense. 

I also saw on the news that this info is true like long ago after the military coup. But i thought it was 2nd LT. she told me its 1st LT. Now its Sub-LT

I know ubon really know many things and hes always right, no argument there. But i kinda sure about this info. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/915617/soldiers-given-police-powers-of-arrest-seizure

I think they didnt stop this law yet. At least thats what she told me

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:44 AM, DanOily said:

Thank you very much for the reply

Yeah so what is to say that he didn't put me on a list and just said I did either of those things (i definitely didn't and never would). Would they need more than just my first and last name from FB or would they just pick up everyone with that name?

here is your answer. I think they need you personally not your name or else and the evidence of the crime. As you mentioned many times you didnt post anything about the royal family. Plus you posted something about a religious group. Its totally legal. That guy probably in the army or likewise but trust me he has nothing on you. And he probably knows you scare these kinda things so he did his best. You are safe as long as you didnt insult to this guy or something like that (its a crime but not crime of ban or else. only some money) 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/915617/soldiers-given-police-powers-of-arrest-seizure

Edited by problemfarang

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

I also saw on the news that this info is true like long ago after the military coup. But i thought it was 2nd LT. she told me its 1st LT. Now its Sub-LT

I know ubon really know many things and hes always right, no argument there. But i kinda sure about this info. 

I think they didnt stop this law yet. At least thats what she told me

UPDATE: I just confirmed from 2 other soldiers. thai army members starting from sub-LT COULD arrest anyone if theres a crime SINCE last year. They stopped this law like few months ago!

• 2 weeks later...

On the other hand, if the Op believes a threat from a Random Thai he's surely going to struggle here !!!...  How many times have we heard stories of Thai's throwing out random and empty threats to foreigners here thinking that because they are Thai they have a some unforeseen power to 'do something' to the foreigner. 

Op: this whole issue seems juvenile - As other have mentioned, if no mention of the Royal Family or being overtly critical of the military leadership you have nothing to worry about. 

All that has happened is: 

- Someone disagrees with you on a public forum (Facebook).

- He has claimed he is in the Military (could be true or false) - you should be able to tell by their profile (pics with other military guys etc)

- He appears to have an ME name (i.e. they are perhaps muslim from the South of Thailand?) which is why they objected to your comments (I'm assuming Anti-Islam?)

Even if all this is true, it would take an awful lot to have you arrested or dealt with just because he didn't like what you wrote, you would have first need to 'break a law'.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:10 AM, problemfarang said:

FYI: any officer higher than 2nd LT. can arrest you and put in ban list or else. I know because my friend's wife is a colonel in thai navy.

If you didnt post anything against the royal family or the general... your safe which you said you didnt. This just confirmed by my friends wife 15 min ago. sleep well friend ????

They have colonels in the Thai navy?

Is that normal anywhere else, I thought that was an army rank.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

They have colonels in the Thai navy?

Is that normal anywhere else, I thought that was an army rank.

Correct - Only The Royal Thai Army and Royal Thai Police have the rank Colonel. 

The equivalent in the Royal Thai Navy would be Captain or below that Commander.