Yet another TM30/TM28 question......Zzzzzz

ok, after spending a couple of days trying to digest as much info as i could online, i am now twice as confused as i was before. So must apologise in advance for starting yet another TM30 related thread.

Im due to arrive in LOS next month on a 60 day SETV issued from London and plan to extend for +30 days. After a couple of nights in bkk i will be going up country to stay with my gf at her house. Am i correct i need her to register on the Thai immigration website (https://extranet.immigration.go.th) with her details and scan of her id card and house book (is in her name) and then within 24 hours of my arrival at her property i then use the id/password she was emailed from her house registration to input my details with passport scan?

when i attend immigration for my 30 day extension (will probably be udon) do i need a screen print out or any other document of my TM30 to apply?

and then if we go to visit CM and stay in a hotel for a few nights, when we return to her house i need to again submit my details?

what i am also confused about is the TM28 as i see that for a 30day extension you need a copy of this stapled in your passport? is this correct - or does having an uptodate TM30 registered supercede this?

Edited by TroyC

When you stay in a hotel you don't need to fill a TM30. This should be done by the hotel.

I don't know if Udon need the TM30 for an extension based of tourist! this should answer someone who is familar with Udon.

If you need one, I only would go to the Immigration to fill out a TM30 the last time when you go back Udon area before you do your extension. This can be done in person at the Immigration, after you come back from your trip. Or if your gf set up the online already, then it's even easier to fill out the required info online (them maybe It would make sense to fill it out every time you come back from somewhere else.

About the TM28, so far I understand this is needed only when you move your permanent address to a new location. But isn't needed when you come back from a daytrip or something, as your permanent address would be the same (if you have an permanent address at all)!

I think the TM28 is not used by many Immigration, if used at all.

I would guess @ubonjoe will give you the best answer.

• Like 1

A inflammatory post and replies to it have been removed.

To the OP: I don't recall any reports of Udon immigration being strict for TM30 reports for tourists.

No reason for your girlfriend to register and do a online report of your presence at her residence. Not worth the trouble for a one off report.

Just have her complete a TM30 form before going to immigration in case it is needed. Just have her state you arrived at her house the day before you go.

• Like 1

That's perfect, thanks ubonjoe for taking the time to reply. The thing i could not get my head round is if when the i/o checks your TM30 status he gets the entire history of where you have been staying so you cannot have any gaps recorded.

But from what you say, i now understand that they just see the most recent and active TM30 location - so if i was to book and stay in a hotel in Udon for a couple of nights before attending the immigration then this will suffice?

44 minutes ago, TroyC said:

That's perfect, thanks ubonjoe for taking the time to reply. The thing i could not get my head round is if when the i/o checks your TM30 status he gets the entire history of where you have been staying so you cannot have any gaps recorded.

That only look for your most recent report. There is not end date of the reports other than your permit to stay date.

47 minutes ago, TroyC said:

But from what you say, i now understand that they just see the most recent and active TM30 location - so if i was to book and stay in a hotel in Udon for a couple of nights before attending the immigration then this will suffice?

You could that.

Your girlfriend could also to a report at the same time you go to immigration.

• Thanks 1