BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

As snake intrusions soar in Bangkok, it's this man's job to catch them

Pinyo Pukpinyo's job is not for the faint-hearted - he's Bangkok's number one snake catcher.

The Thai firefighter has been doing the job for 16 years and with the number of call-outs rising every year, his services are in high demand.

Already, the force has responded to more than 22,000 snake intrusions this year, and the latest is a 53-year-old man who has called to say a python is eating his chickens.

With no trace of fear, Pinyo enters the coup to find the culprit curled up behind a pot.

A big bulge in its belly shows it has swallowed a chick whole.

The owner watches behind the safety of a wall of chicken wire as Pinyo, 50, inspects the python which hisses and lunges for his hand.

"It's small, just a baby," he tells us unperturbed, before quickly grabbing it by the tail and deftly putting it in a bag to be taken to the fire station.

Rapid urbanisation and heavy rain mean such encounters are common in Bangkok, with residents reporting snakes hiding under houses, on roofs and even in toilets.

Full article

my sister in law across the soi had about a 8 foot longsnake eat most of her chickens last night too. kaa kaaaaa

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, sillyfool said:

my sister in law across the soi had about an 8 foot long snake eat most of her chickens last night too. kaa kaaaaa

If Bangkok truly is sinking, we'd expect more and more snakes coming up for air. Hope they like dog myself.

• Like 2