Should I be worried flying into BKK or DMK?

On 9/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, peixotorms said:

I was going back to Thailand together with my Thai girlfriend, and this happened to me in DMK about a month ago and I was sent back to Malaysia. It was relatively easy in Malaysia to reenter, but had to explain the situation before the guy told me welcome to Malaysia.

What passport do you hold and what's your ethnicity? Was it your 1st entry with the new METV or returning back with the METV already used? I would've thought that entering Thailand with a Thai gf would have been sufficient for them to let you in.

On 9/25/2019 at 8:42 AM, Sheryl said:

Add up how many total days you have spent in Thailand in (1) last 12 months and (2) 2019.

If either totals 180 days then yes, you may face difficulties though the return ticket and proof of living in VN may help.

Whatever you do, don't fly into Don Muang.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So Swampy is a better airport to arrive at than DMK if having to fly into BKK?

On 9/23/2019 at 11:00 PM, DrJack54 said:

As I mentioned. USA is only country that can obtain 1 yr multi. Pretty crazy for most tourist from USA given long flight times. However suits you perfect. I obtain 4 ...3 month multi every yr. $70 each

Is Vietnam at present OK to allow repeated back to back 3 month visa entries like that?

And to get those, are you having to go thru an agency, or just apply directly at the airport?

53 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Is Vietnam at present OK to allow repeated back to back 3 month visa entries like that?

And to get those, are you having to go thru an agency, or just apply directly at the airport?

Agency first, you get an invitation-letter - then pay "stamping fee" at the airport after presenting the letter.  Some nationalities can also come VOA/exempt, then sort things from there.  No issue with 'back to back' - just means you will be spending more money there.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yeah. I have been doing it for 5 years up. 4 "3 month multi" every yr. Not sure what would happen if I actually tried to live there. Certainly good option for younger folk to share their time between los and Vietnam. 

Best way is to get "letter of approval" online....then upon arrival you attend a desk where you actually get visa in your pp. It takes page of you pp which is problem for many ongoing visas. You can also get an "e visa" online. Many countries have visa exempt 15 days. USA, AU, Canada and others do not.