China’s planned focus on domestic economy ‘will hit Thai exports badly’

webfact

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

When is the baht going to crash that is my question?  The more for me the better.????

Your only thinking of your own pocket. If you can't manage at the rate it is now look for somewhere else to stay. The rate at the moment puts Thailand and it citizen's in good stead.  Unfortunately there is signs that tourism is down together with exports which will cause to Baht to lose it value does that make you happy..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

did you mean Genghis Khan

"" Genghis Khan is famous for building the biggest empire in history up to that time. His territory included much of what is now modern China. He and his armies killed, reformed, and destroyed on an amazing scale. He's famous as the world's greatest conqueror.""

would like to know why Isaan Sailor found my post sad, please explain what's sad about referring to historical events while answering a previous post

For exposing the truth about ChiComs, methinks Ambassador Lyu Jian will soon have a new deployment to Outer Mongolia, or perhaps to a re-education camp.  Let’s hope the Thai government can break free of China’s grip.  The economic well-being depends on this.

It is a bit strange that exports to the US are jumping. One imagines this is due to China increasingly trans-shipping goods through Thailand (and other SE nations).

If the US is serious about their trade war with China, they will need to close out Thailand (e.g. add tariffs to exports they suspect are being trans-shipped).

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You also missed out Boeing opening a company in China.... a very big mistake.
China has struggled to get a small commercial jet off the ground with years of delays... but they are getting there now.

China will also soon launch a larger aircraft that will rival anything in Boeings fleet.... then watch out.

Forget Boeing, they only made their first aircraft in China about a year ago, a 737 Max and we all know how successful that was.

Airbus on the other hand have been there over a decade and have built well over 400 A320s. Up until recently they all went to the domestic airlines but some are now going to non Chinese airlines. Steps have been taken to continue Airbus production for many years to come including the A330 & A350.

At this point in time the Chinese are only interested in developing a large airliner, there are no plans to build the larger Airbus or Boeing planes. But your right, the US will have to watch out as it is Boeing that currently have the greater share of the market in China for the larger aircraft.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Forget Boeing, they only made their first aircraft in China about a year ago, a 737 Max and we all know how successful that was.

You just made that up to sound knowledgeable, didn't you?

Next time try some less drivel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_MAX

In collaboration with Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China Ltd., Boeing has built a completion and delivery facility for the 737 MAX in Zhoushan, China.[39][40]This facility initially handles interior finishing only, but will subsequently be expanded to include paintwork. The first aircraft was delivered from the facility to Air China on December 15, 2018.[41]

8 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Oh dear! Everything seems to be unravelling for the government, exports down, tourism down, budget deficit up.......

All at a time when the PM is strutting the world stage in New York with his chest puffed out and needing something to brag about. All he has heard from home over the last few days is bad news.

That will make him very grumpy and not a nice person to be around.

800_dd92a2d092466ad.jpg

He doesn't give a <deleted> because he knows nothing about economics, the military are only in for the benefit of there own.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

would like to know why Isaan Sailor found my post sad, please explain what's sad about referring to historical events while answering a previous post

Perhaps "sad" not the right reaction.  Yes, sad for those who lost their lives.  Agree, that GC one of the great conquerors in history.

2 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Perhaps "sad" not the right reaction.  Yes, sad for those who lost their lives.  Agree, that GC one of the great conquerors in history.

so we should be sad for all the ones that lost their lives more than 1 or 2,000 years ago....hmmmm interesting concept... assuming you are from the UK or EU, thus looking back at all the people who lost their lives because of a conqueror (king or otherwise) you should feel very sad than

27 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

You just made that up to sound knowledgeable, didn't you?

Next time try some less drivel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_MAX

In collaboration with Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China Ltd., Boeing has built a completion and delivery facility for the 737 MAX in Zhoushan, China.[39][40]This facility initially handles interior finishing only, but will subsequently be expanded to include paintwork. The first aircraft was delivered from the facility to Air China on December 15, 2018.[41]

"Forget Boeing, they only made their first aircraft in China about a year ago, a 737 Max and we all know how successful that was."

So how long ago did they build the first 737 Max and how long before it was grounded.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

"Forget Boeing, they only made their first aircraft in China about a year ago, a 737 Max and we all know how successful that was."

So how long ago did they build the first 737 Max and how long before it was grounded.

And what had the interior finishing, since that was the only thing done in China, to do with the reason why it was grounded?

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

It is a bit strange that exports to the US are jumping. One imagines this is due to China increasingly trans-shipping goods through Thailand (and other SE nations).

If the US is serious about their trade war with China, they will need to close out Thailand (e.g. add tariffs to exports they suspect are being trans-shipped).

I suspect there is a large amount of Trans-Shipping going on of Chinese Product from Thailand.

There appears to be large amounts of Steel being Imported ( and probably Aluminium Etc ), and then being turned into finished goods for Export

Let's hope that this unnecessary animosity and jealousy of USA towards China will blow over. China is America biggest banker. Owning the largest amount of US treasury help China to grow and allow FED to pay for spending that allow US to grow and keep interest rate low and dollar for not collapsing. If US want to pressure China to level the playing field, better for Trump to not alienate the allies but work towards a united coalition to confront China. Only pride and arrogance stand in the way of Trump. 

4 hours ago, Percy P said:

Your only thinking of your own pocket. If you can't manage at the rate it is now look for somewhere else to stay. The rate at the moment puts Thailand and it citizen's in good stead.  Unfortunately there is signs that tourism is down together with exports which will cause to Baht to lose it value does that make you happy..

Look Percy P.   what makes you think I can't manage as if you got you head up you behind thinking your sh-t don't stink?  Guess you so uptight you can't figure it was a joke!

First, when it comes to the exchange rate in general it doesn't affect Thai citizens in good stead since they live in the baht and not the dollar and not involved in the global market directly unless the good citizens you refer to are the elite business magnets of Thailand.

Does it make me happy, YES YES!  the strength of the baht doesn't make a dent into my finances or my financial portfolio living here of close to 15 years but like I said if the market crashes more for me and the Thai economy it won't of course make up for the down turn in tourism or their export but who cares they don't care about the imports since they tack 30-40% or duel pricing for foreigners now even for Government hospitals the list goes on.

So I'm thinking of my own pocket hell yea!  who else you think the Thai government is going to think about me?

8 hours ago, zydeco said:

So those Ghost Cities are part of a masterplan? A country that empties sulfur and mercury into its rivers does so because it's a genius of planning? The increasing desertification of northern China, another great plan ahead? Won't even mention all the planning ahead that went into tofu bridges and buildings. 

I'm beginning to believe that the West has been losing big time to China simply because of the West's frequent wrong observations and predictions about China.

5 hours ago, Nowisee said:

China's economic house of cards is coming down.  No reason to try and sell anyone on the idea, if they aren't reading the right news or seeing the right charts, as it's going to be unfolding soon enough.  1st or 2nd qtr 2020 will begin China's going dark.  

Their spies are loyal.  Guaranteed, they are not going to fight fair.  Be prepared for cyber warfare like you've never seen.  

When exactly is China's house of cards is coming down? Tired of all the failed predictions of the past few decades already.

10 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Yeah, right.  The ChiCom master wants Thai exports to drop from 60% of the economy—down to 30%.  So will Bank of Thailand comply with their masters command?  They can continue raking in Chinese hot money inflows from bond sales, to drive USD reserves and the Baht up.

We shall see...

It would be good if any country can achieve a very low reliance on exports. Look at Singapore with exports to GDP ratio of over 400% - they are now staring at a technical recession because of the lower global trade caused by the trade war. China has been very successful in reducing its reliance on exports, down from 40% in 2008 to less than 20% now, so the trade war is not going to hurt China's economic growth that much. China knew that it had to reduce its reliance on exports because continuing to lend to the US is unsustainable.

12 hours ago, The Preacher said:

Here is a classic example of the cheating and sneaky Chinese.  This is a Chinese government post, masquerading as some normal ThaiVisa member.   But 30la, you do not understand Western finesse so you cannot pull if off.  You fraud is transparent.  Why not stop cheating and start competing.  

Plenty of examples around: https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/05/19/meet-the-chinese-internet-trolls-pumping-488-million-posts-harvard-stanford-ucsd-research/

23 hours ago, zydeco said:

So those Ghost Cities are part of a masterplan? A country that empties sulfur and mercury into its rivers does so because it's a genius of planning? The increasing desertification of northern China, another great plan ahead? Won't even mention all the planning ahead that went into tofu bridges and buildings. 

Communism/Marxism/ whatever never cared for the Earth. Look at all those countries that were -and still are for some (Russia to name one) under Communist rule. The master plan now is the Silk Road (rail, roads, and maritime): 99 year leases of major ports (Pireus, Genoa, Darwin, Djibouti, and more). Shares (and purchase of lands) in every industry involving minerals (just about every Lithium miner in Australia is 10 to 15% under Chinese Company share holder control), agricultural land, and more. The Silk Road is a tentacular network of Communist China Imperialism, using the « enemy's » method to expand, ie Capital. Unlike the Western military imperialism of old, not a shot is fired, not a single soldier is deployed to occupy a country. China is subtle. Western leaders should do well to take crash courses in Confusius (ism ?), Taoism, Sun Tzu.

But then we know they won’t.. When China sends a « friendly » Naval force in the Med, as a curtesy visit, mooring in its Mediterranean ports, it’ll be too late to react because they will have proven their confidence in military expansion capacities  far beyond their borders. But then, why should I care. At 69, I’m just watching the show, drinking a coke out of a plastic bottle with a plastic straw.. 

19 hours ago, Selatan said:

I'm beginning to believe that the West has been losing big time to China simply because of the West's frequent wrong observations and predictions about China.

You seriously expect people to take seriously comments from people on a TV channel started by Glenn Beck and Mark Levin? The Ghost Cities have been there for years and years. Far from a masterstroke of planning, they have been a disaster. Why? How long do you think it takes for unoccupied buildings to start to deteriorate?  I've seen those places. They are already crumbling before anyone moves into them. How many of that Great Migration those two buffoons are so impressed with will be living in Tofu apartment buildings that simply fall over on their side?  Glenn Beck TV.  555

Archived