Russian woman seriously injured in Chalong Underpass motorbike accident

webfact

Russian woman seriously injured in Chalong Underpass motorbike accident

By The Phuket News

1569238607_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers attend to 35-year-old Russian national Olesia Mailian as police look on. Choto: Chalong Police

PHUKET: A Russian woman is in serious condition at Vachira Phuket Hospital after a motorbike accident inside the Chalong Underpass on Friday evening (Sept 20)

Capt Thanakrit Amchonkham of the Chalong Traffic Police told The Phuket News today (Sept 23) that he was informed of the accident at about 5:50pm on Friday.

“I think she was riding the motorbike northbound when she misjudged the curve inside the underpass and hit with kerb on the opposite side of the road,” he said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-woman-seriously-injured-in-chalong-underpass-motorbike-accident-72991.php#Q86q42Zvaf80CPeu.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-09-24

5 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Reading the report gives us a number of examples of how utterly useless Thai police can be!

I did like this snippet from the report, however "from Leningrad (currently Saint Petersburg)"

Can't really blame them for that. They would not make it up that way, someone informed them accordingly.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Reading the report gives us a number of examples of how utterly useless Thai police can be!

I did like this snippet from the report, however "from Leningrad (currently Saint Petersburg)"

Thai's are not good at Geography 

37 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe there's a reason that motorcycles are banned from underpasses. But, as we all know, whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand. No-one obeys the law because the law is rarely enforced.

Same as up here , bikes racing each other at night , don't know how the BiB get any sleep.

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Here is an interesting article from March...............

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/police-ignore-motorbikes-and-trucks-illegally-using-pattaya-underpass

So I guess no insurance payout either.

Which insurance?

Motorbike insurance most likely non existent. Compulsory PoRorBor insurance will pay.

Life and health insurance will pay.

Travel insurance (if applicable) will most likely only pay is she is licensed to ride motorbikes.

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

"...a number of examples of how utterly useless Thai police can be!"

Such as?

4 hours ago, stevenl said:
4 hours ago, madmitch said:

Can't really blame them for that. They would not make it up that way, someone informed them accordingly.

...and it is 100% accurate.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Which insurance?

Motorbike insurance most likely non existent. Compulsory PoRorBor insurance will pay.

Life and health insurance will pay.

Travel insurance (if applicable) will most likely only pay is she is licensed to ride motorbikes.

Purely a question here, but if she was riding illegally, regardless of license or not, due to the fact that motorcycles are not allowed in the tunnel then will any insurance decline payment??

40 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Purely a question here, but if she was riding illegally, regardless of license or not, due to the fact that motorcycles are not allowed in the tunnel then will any insurance decline payment??

No. She made a traffic violation, no reason not to pay.

Now if she had first class motorbike insurance, extremely unlikely, there could be issues with her riding without helmet.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Such as?

A Russia woman have the accident.

so mock, criticize, ridicule the thai people.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Such as?

I'm not quoting anything. Maybe you and I have interpreted things differently but I read it as though three days after the event they have done practically nothing.

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was speaking to a Thai lady recently who asked where I am from. London, I told her. America, she responded. Their ignorance knows no bounds. But then, why should she care? She'll never go there, and the phrase 'Ignorance is bliss' must have some basis in fact for some. She probably has no knowledge of the Iran/Saudi situation, or Brexit, or social media abuse situation. Or anything else that doesn't directly concern her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London,_Ohio

Seems she was right.:whistling:

So, what do we have here?  Perhaps an inexperienced rider on a "twist & go" rental bike with crappy, overinflated tires riding on a curvy and oily surface in traffic?  Drunk, distracted or just hauling along trying to keep up with other maniac drivers?  Sad, and she has a long recovery ahead. 

Archived