Russian woman seriously injured in Chalong Underpass motorbike accident

webfact

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I've seen a few bikes going through there they are treating it like a race track I kept well back from one the other week thinking if he comes off I dont want to be the one who drives over the top of him 

It is a noise thing that sets there adrenaline levels to soar, get in a tunnel drop a gear and yee ha.

a lad 2 doors down bought a smallish car, straight out with the hacksaw and hey presto we do not need this piece of pipe, he leaves every morning at 06.50 and holds the engine revs at exactly the correct level to wake the whole street, that and his baseball cap back to front and we have a receipe  for trouble, of course he cant  hear the exhaust noise due to the 30.000 db coming the orchestra in the boot, noise  noise they live noise, but he is working causes me no trouble so hey ho live and let live.

If i came across or witnessed the scene if a RTC, i would feel it my duty to stop and see if i could help albeit i have no experience, but many thai's tell me keep driving as if  you are among the first to render help you stand a good chance of getting drawn into cause, probably not true with a dashcam but its how they perceive the Bib

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I've seen a few bikes going through there they are treating it like a race track I kept well back from one the other week thinking if he comes off I dont want to be the one who drives over the top of him 

Same with tunnels at Tesco and Central. Other day I had 3 bikes whiz by at high speed on the right side. All Farangs.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe there's a reason that motorcycles are banned from underpasses. But, as we all know, whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand. No-one obeys the law because the law is rarely enforced.

What reason would that be? Incompitent foreign rider? If so ban Fortuners as well...

Archived