Pheu Thai threatens to expose government’s bid to lure its MPs to defect

webfact

Pheu Thai threatens to expose government’s bid to lure its MPs to defect

sudarat-.jpg

The Pheu Thai party has threatened to expose the government’s various attempts, including financial offers and intimidation, to lure its MPs to defect to the Palang Pracharat Party.

Pheu Thai party’s chief strategist Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan said today that the party has been compiling evidence, including audio clips to be used against the government, of people in the government trying to lure Pheu Thai MPs.

Although these dirty tricks are nothing new, she said that these attempts have been going on unabated because the government is politically unstable due to its wafer-thin majority in the House of Representatives.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-threatens-to-expose-governments-bid-to-lure-its-mps-to-defect/

thaipbs.jpg

56 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Not saying it´s right, but what is the difference between this and when Taksin and all other parties were fishing for votes in the small villages with the promise of measly 500-1000 baht per person?

That's a good question, but the Junta came in and promised to wipe out corruption, nepotism etc. Which they havent!

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Not saying it´s right, but what is the difference between this and when Taksin and all other parties were fishing for votes in the small villages with the promise of measly 500-1000 baht per person?

Only that the military are going straight to already elected representatives.

There was also nothing stopping people tak8ng the money, if this existed and still voting for others.

I'm sure the attempted vote buying occurred on both sides but one side has to come up with any excuse why the can't win a majority in any election. The democrat8c party were clearly shown how bad they perform in the voters opinion.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Your'e exactly right! No different at all to when PM Prayut went fishing for votes in small villages with his bag full of Thai Niyom money and promises that everyone in the village would have free wifi.

And he wasn't even an election candidate or PM nominee at that stage.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Quite a lot, actually. The Government in this case are offering cash to try to persuade MPs to defect. Not exactly the type of vote buying that goes on during elections, and not just by parties associated with Thaksin. From what I've heard the biggest payers last time were a party with the initials PP!

47 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Your'e exactly right! No different at all to when PM Prayut went fishing for votes in small villages with his bag full of Thai Niyom money and promises that everyone in the village would have free wifi.

Correct there is no difference at all between them.. sad but true. And now the PTP is losing MP's they start to moan. They would have done the same tricks but they are not in power. Just all petty differences. 

I might prefer the PTP in power but its not as if they can say they are a clean party all the <deleted> i see with the junta i have seen the PTP do (in general).

But like one poster said the junta is more hypocrite as they said they would not do the same old stuff and were against nepotism and corruption.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Correct there is no difference at all between them.. sad but true. And now the PTP is losing MP's they start to moan. They would have done the same tricks but they are not in power. Just all petty differences. 

I might prefer the PTP in power but its not as if they can say they are a clean party all the <deleted> i see with the junta i have seen the PTP do (in general).

But like one poster said the junta is more hypocrite as they said they would not do the same old stuff and were against nepotism and corruption.

Yingluck, IIRC, said she was against nepotism (ironic for that's what she was removed by a court for!) and corruption. She was photographed with a big big sign and some cronies about anti corruption. She repeatedly said there was no corruption in her government, the rice scam etc etc.

They are indeed all tarred by the same brush to quote a well known figure of speech, Lying and hypocrisy are traits they all share; just like a belief they're entitled and above any and all laws.

And sadly, that seems to be traits of many politicians the world over these days. Corruption is getting worse!

PTP are now moaning because they've not got access to pots of tax payers money to splash out to smooth their own agendas anymore. 

Rival factions but same same.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Or when the PTP's scientific genius, the one who called environmental protesters garbage, threatened Phuket and other southern areas that they wouldn't get any government money spent on their areas because they didn't vote PTP that was different was it?

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yingluck, IIRC, said she was against nepotism (ironic for that's what she was removed by a court for!) and corruption. She was photographed with a big big sign and some cronies about anti corruption. She repeatedly said there was no corruption in her government, the rice scam etc etc.

They are indeed all tarred by the same brush to quote a well known figure of speech, Lying and hypocrisy are traits they all share; just like a belief they're entitled and above any and all laws.

And sadly, that seems to be traits of many politicians the world over these days. Corruption is getting worse!

PTP are now moaning because they've not got access to pots of tax payers money to splash out to smooth their own agendas anymore. 

Rival factions but same same.

Yes its sickening all the tricks arrogance and all its just spread to all parties. Always blaming others to be dirty while they themselves are too. When I speak with Bangkok Thais about this they often say they don't care that much anymore because they are all the same when in power. No wonder there are no uprisings here they know the alternative is just as bad why risk it just to bring an other group of corrupt people in power.

I really hope that future forward get bigger and stays clean. Then maybe some change will come. But we can't expect change from parties like the PTP or the junta and its allies. That is just the same old thing forever.

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And so did Yingluck!

correct. But who mentioned Yingluck. and anyway, she was voted in, Prayut forced his way in with his sweet talk along with a couple of well dodgy songs and has, to date, proven himself no better. Condoning a heroin transporting colleague, for example. 

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Or when the PTP's scientific genius, the one who called environmental protesters garbage, threatened Phuket and other southern areas that they wouldn't get any government money spent on their areas because they didn't vote PTP that was different was it?

Its just that the PTP is just as bad with the arrogance, the petty things to avoid debate. Like the time they send all the opposition home to hold a secret vote. Stuff like that just to get their way. Now you see the junta doing similar bad stuff and worse. 

And now all of a sudden not in power the PTP pretends not to be crooked and corrupt and attacks the junta on things they would do too. Its just a sham all over how those not in power pretend to be against all the abuse (like how the junta pretended to be against corruption and nepotism) and then in power they just do the same.

Good governance is not something that happens in Thailand.. its just a way to get at the money when your in power. I do make an exception for future forward as they SEEM to be clean so far. Plus i really like to stay positive and they are the only thing positive i seen in Thai politics. 

6 minutes ago, nikmar said:

correct. But who mentioned Yingluck. and anyway, she was voted in, Prayut forced his way in with his sweet talk along with a couple of well dodgy songs and has, to date, proven himself no better. Condoning a heroin transporting colleague, for example. 

Yea but YL had Charlem, i mean that guy made sure his son got off for murder. I would not know who is worse the heroin transporting one or Charlem. That is what i mean with they all do the same.. keeping crooks in their government if they are useful. 

Just now, robblok said:

Yea but YL had Charlem, i mean that guy made sure his son got off for murder. I would not know who is worse the heroin transporting one or Charlem. That is what i mean with they all do the same.. keeping crooks in their government if they are useful. 

youre previous post about "good governance in thailand" hit the nail on the head. all as bad as each other while pretending to have some sort of moral ground.

Im not pertaining to be a PTP supporter, but Chalerm did have some comic value. ????

34 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Quite a lot, actually. The Government in this case are offering cash to try to persuade MPs to defect. Not exactly the type of vote buying that goes on during elections, and not just by parties associated with Thaksin. From what I've heard the biggest payers last time were a party with the initials PP!

No, not quite a lot. The bottom line is it´s politics and people do everything they can to be and stay the biggest. In this country the jewel happens to be money.

6 minutes ago, nikmar said:

youre previous post about "good governance in thailand" hit the nail on the head. all as bad as each other while pretending to have some sort of moral ground.

Im not pertaining to be a PTP supporter, but Chalerm did have some comic value. ????

What your saying is basically exactly what I am thinking. The ones not in power pretend to have some moral ground, those in power ignore those not in power and do what they want.  Then the roles reverse and they do the same again but now with an other party claiming moral high ground and an other in power ignoring everything.

Just sickening too bad there is not much alternative. That is why the people are not outraged they see that the alternative is the same just an other face.

I loved Thailand under Thaksin leadership. Looking up at around the world I don't know

one country that's doing well under military rules.

-Weak People Revenge

-Strong People Forgive

-Intelligent People Ignore

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai party’s chief strategist Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan said today that the party has been compiling evidence, including audio clips to be used against the government, of people in the government trying to lure Pheu Thai MPs.

So make them public and start to shame a few people.

pretty rich coming from the ptp considering they have done the same thing themselves in previous elections, very hypocritical but we all know what they are really like, its the same with all the parties in Thailand, its all about money and how much they can make 

Archived