Leicester City crash victim's family sues owners for $10m

webfact

Leicester City crash victim's family sues owners for $10m

NURSARA SUKNAMAI.jpg

Nusara Suknamai was one of the five people killed in the crash

The family of a woman who died in the Leicester City helicopter crash has sued the estate of the club's billionaire owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

Nusara Suknamai, one of Mr Vichai's staff, was on board the helicopter when it crashed outside the stadium in October 2018.

Her family has sued for 300 million baht ($9.8m; £7.9m) in damages. All five people aboard, including Mr Vichai, died in the crash.

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49794557

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2019-09-24

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.
Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being banned from the site.

//Admin

5 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Well done. The first post after being asked to be respectful. 

There are news reports online about her being his mia noi as well as his assistant. I am just posing the question, as in my opinion it seems strange to sue an employer for an accident such as this. 

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

post 2 by admin was good, then it all went downhill by post 3

There are news reports online about her being his mia noi as well as his assistant. I am just posing the question, as in my opinion it seems strange to sue an employer for an accident such as this. 

11 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

The Thai family are entitled to sue.  They have lost their Golden meal tiCket and all the future income that goes with it. I am sure they will settle for a lesser amount, they usually do here. 

As happens world wide, it's not just a Thai thing as some like to think and then comment on. 

1 hour ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Was it not an accident? 

Why does everyone in Thailand want money for deaths. 

If there was negligence in terms of the maintenance,manufacture or even pilot error the no it’s not just an 'accident '. That’s why compulsory 3rd party liability insurance is standard in developed countries. She may well be classed as the family breadwinner too,so there’s always financial compensation for loss to the effected dependents 

The family only received 75,000 baht ($2,460; £1,980) for the funeral and some money to donate to monks, the lawyers told reporters.

In addition to the funeral costs, they had been offered first $25,000 (£20,100) and later $50,000 (£40,200) but declined to take the money as it would have required them to waive rights to further insurance claims.

Shouldn't there be an insurance on an aircraft to cover accidents, and from the initial accident reports it seems like a pedal malfunction problem on the helicopter.

$50,000 is around 1.5 million baht, however not much in compensation for loos of a provider, but often it seems like compensation in that range – around 1 million baht – is the common going rate in Thailand.

The employer should, in Western way of thinking, also be responsible for an insurance for an employee, but a demand for 300 million baht sounds like a lot – my initial thought would be something like a percentage, which could be fairly high, of the annual net income times a number of years – we however don't know the details for the calculation.

3 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Whether she was working an assistant or Mia Noi as you like to keep saying is irrelevant, she died whilst carrying out her duties for which she was employed to do... compensation for her untimely death is due to the family of the deceased. She was employed by the family and died whilst at work... the insurance companies will decide who will ultimately pay!

4 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Sorry but being respectful to a billionaire of any nationality, just not for me. As for the other victims RIP. 

You are a very twisted and nasty person. So next time you are in someone's car and it crashes and bursts into flames and you are the richest person in the vehicle all the families should circle around your family like valtures. Maybe the richest person in an airplane crash should payout to all the families who are not as rich. This whole thing stinks. The fact this man was loved by thousands now means nothing. The crash was not his fault. I hope this dispicable family get what they are due and his estate says see you in court and do not settle this out of court from nothing more than ambulance chasers. 

Archived