Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Just what where her dreams that got destroyed?

That was answered near the beginning. Basically birds, bees and flowers - everyone's birthright but which now no one can take for granted because the world has been bolloxed up by unbridled economic growth.

And the solution, for those who missed it, is to bridle economic growth by voluntarily limiting consumption.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

That was answered near the beginning. Basically birds, bees and flowers - everyone's birthright but which now no one can take for granted because the world has been bolloxed up by unbridled economic growth.

And the solution, for those who missed it, is to bridle economic growth by voluntarily limiting consumption.

Great! So as soon as the people flying around on privates, riding on megayachts and in limousines cut back, let me know. Maybe then I'll see what I can do.

Hey, where are these entire ecosystems collapsing anyway? I call BS on that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good to see some sense injected into this thread.

Keep up the good work, though it's a lonely road you tread.

When politicians stop flying to conferences they could video conference, and they present some actual affordable, acceptable, doable solutions other than bird killing windmills and taxes, I'll continue to disregard the dogma of the new religion and the shouting of children with no solutions of their own.

You know, I've been thinking about this "you've stolen my dreams" nonsense. It seems to me little Greta is now living a wonderful life 0.0000001% of children could even hope for. She's adored by the media. She's got a book deal. Leftist climate change pimps are falling over themselves fawning over her and practically worshiping her. I don't know how it is I'm supposed to feel sorry for her in the least from that viewpoint.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Really don't understand what all the fuss is about, & why she is being admired....

She doesn't speak particularly well, the content of her speeches are poor, yet way too many people look at her as if she's a Messiah.

Then, when people criticize her, they're labelled as 'bitter old men'.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

the whirlwind tour continues...no footprint for all of it either right ?

i wonder in this day and age would her stance be seen in a brighter light if she perhaps teleconferenced these events ? 

you know rather than travelling around for months on end leaving a wake of pollution in her rear view ?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6027566/greta-thunberg-heading-to-alberta/

how about heading to saudi or china or india ?

the sounds of silence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Chomper Higgot.

How about you explain why you think my post # 1695 deserves a 'confused' sticker?

I asked some valid questions. Can I expect the nonsensical reply from you again, same last time, or will you explain why she's so popular?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sillyfool said:

the whirlwind tour continues...no footprint for all of it either right ?

i wonder in this day and age would her stance be seen in a brighter light if she perhaps teleconferenced these events ? 

you know rather than travelling around for months on end leaving a wake of pollution in her rear view ?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6027566/greta-thunberg-heading-to-alberta/

how about heading to saudi or china or india ?

the sounds of silence. 

Good to see she is not only visiting her fan base. Most of the Albertan's will be annoyed by her pretentious entitlements. But she will be treated well. Despite the fact that she is spouting the nonsense that has crippled much of Alberta's economy already. There will be lots of unemployed oil workers at home watching her on TV.

• Like 1
Nuclear energy too slow, too expensive to save climate: report
Nuclear power is losing ground to renewables in terms of both cost and capacity as its reactors are increasingly seen as less economical and slower to reverse carbon emissions, an industry report said.
In mid-2019, new wind and solar generators competed efficiently against even existing nuclear power plants in cost terms, and grew generating capacity faster than any other power type, the annual World Nuclear Industry Status Report (WNISR) showed.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-energy-nuclearpower/nuclear-energy-too-slow-too-expensive-to-save-climate-report-idUSKBN1W909J

Given no one will approve a new nuclear plant and very few will permit a new oil or coal fired plant, while virtually everyone subsidizes wind and solar, does it surprise anyone it’s growing faster?

Fake news

I have six air conditioners in my home, and if I covered the roof with solar panels I could not run one of them.

Yes, this is the future of energy, not.

Remind me again how fossil fuel industries stand to benefit from funding climate change research?
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1