Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

24 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

That's the fault of her generation and her parents. When I was her age we did not have all the gadgets she has, did not go on foreign holidays, even boat trips across the ocean and our houses had no central heating and no double glazing. Our food was not wrapped up in plastic but paper, fish and chips came in old newspaper not styro foam. Those born since the 70's have made the mess so the brat ought to throw away her phones and computers and go and live in a hut living off the land, needs to practice what they preach, few do. 

and yet life was better

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

Given no one will approve a new nuclear plant and very few will permit a new oil or coal fired plant, while virtually everyone subsidizes wind and solar, does it surprise anyone it’s growing faster?

Fake news

I have six air conditioners in my home, and if I covered the roof with solar panels I could not run one of them.

Yes, this is the future of energy, not.

Remind me again how fossil fuel industries stand to benefit from funding climate change research?

Nuclear energy is THE solution for now. Constant energy without air pollution or CO2.
Many many more people die because of coal burning related health effects.
Bill gates spent billions of USD to develop, built and test a safe nuclear plant. He is the one who deserves a Nobel price for the eradication of polio and so many other humanitarian projects. He should bring Warren Buffett along because he also donated over 40 Billion to the “Bill and Melinda Gates foundation”. These are the heros of our time and not a puber with mental issues. If 20y ago the green movement would not have boycotted nuclear energy, we would not have global warming today!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

When has a male received similar exposure at the same age?

The Parkland shooting survivors, for one.

I have the feeling your response with be a denouncement of them -- just a wild hunch.

When a little kid mouths off I just laugh it off.  I have a nephew who is an absolute piece of work, and his hobby is testing the limits of his parents.  I usually don't listen when he speaks because I know it's schtick.  This girl, now, she has you guys hiding under your beds and leaving brown stains in your undies.  Obviously she's hitting a nerve, I say "go on!"

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

3. There is a core of TVF members who have each posted dozens of bitter attacks on this child, and many hate filled posts against her and her parents have been removed. If you are struggling with the accusations of ‘bitter old men’ look no further than the evidence wit large in this thread.

Can you find for us even a half dozen bitter attacks on this child in these 1700 posts?

You would have a lot easier time finding attacks on 16 year Old Nick Sandman. Whose only crime was not reacting to an aggressive adult agitator. Main Stream Media attacks no less.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You admit being unable to denounce something of which you know nothing about and then immediately follow that with a prediction for this young girl’s future.

Well done!

For people who have nothing concrete to offer, it's a common ploy to resort to predicting the future. That's the great thing about the future. You can say, wihin reason, pretty much what you want about it and there's no way of refuting it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, pkspeaker said:

and yet life was better

Well, let's be honest, it was better for us, but not for a lot of other people not living in affluent western countries. In the 70s, Thatcher's Britain was pretty dire.

I was lucky to grow up where I did in a country not riven by greedy wanabes and PC. It was also very safe- I could go out all day and no one worried that a paedo was going to do anything to me. Now the country has gone bonkers and everyone is stressed out.

Even better, I grew up before PCs, mobile phones, the internet twitter, facebook, and cyberbullying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1