Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, transam said:

If my 16 year old started shouting at me cos I/we were doing something wrong in her/his opinion, well, I think you know what my response would be...🤬

Presumably that would be in a family setting. So, do you think of the United Nations as one big family?

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Presumably that would be in a family setting. So, do you think of the United Nations as one big family?

Are the United Nations all 16 year old's with a medical ploblem.....Oh, forget the medical ploblem bit regarding the UN.........😂

• Confused 1
8 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Greta "Corky" Thunberg: Child. Not a scientist. Repeats propaganda that she has been fed. 24/7 fawning media coverage.

Dr Judith Curry: Adult. Climatologist. Chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology 2002-2013. Member of the National Research Council's Climate Research Committee. Has published over 140 scientific papers and books on climate. Believes the climate scare is overblown. Zero media coverage.

That's the demented world we live in, where feelings are preferred to facts, even in important matters.

Dr Judith Curry, is no longer the Chair of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences and no longer publishes in peer reviews journals.

Your assertions of ‘Propaganda’ are baseless.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, transam said:

Are the United Nations all 16 year old's with a medical ploblem.....Oh, forget the medical ploblem bit regarding the UN.........😂

So, people with medical problems shouldn't be addressing the UN?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, RickBradford said:

Nonsense. Corky's apocalyptic, tearful, and uninformed ranting is way outside what climatologists would sign up to.

Judith Curry is a very well-respected climatologist with 30 years of research behind her.

If you choose to believe Corky over Curry, that says more about you than about their respective fitness to speak on climate.

Really? Have you looked at the IPCC report on the probable different fates awaiting the climate and humanity if global warming exceeds 1.5 degrees celsius vs 2 degrees celsius vs. even higher? Given your assertions here, I'd guess not.

And the esteemed Dr. Curry has decided to no longer publish in peer-reviewed journals. So much easier not to be subject to fact checking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
39 minutes ago, faraday said:

She's not come up with any solutions, just got angry & blamed 'grown ups'.

She’s addressing her concerns to the people running nations and in charge of the budgets of nations.

But you want the child to provide the answers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So, people with medical problems shouldn't be addressing the UN?

You read the wrong meaning......I was referring to those who sat at the UN....But carry on.....😂

• Confused 1
10 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Great! So as soon as the people flying around on privates, riding on megayachts and in limousines cut back, let me know. Maybe then I'll see what I can do.

Hey, where are these entire ecosystems collapsing anyway? I call BS on that.

You couldn't be bothered to look it up?

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/europe-bird-population-countryside-reduced-pesticides-france-wildlife-cnrs-a8267246.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47698294

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/wildflower-meadows-farms-agriculture-flowers-environment-brexit-butterflies-bees-defra-a8433541.html

If you're not a naturalist you won't see it. In fact, if you're not a naturalist, you are part of the problem.

The rich are not the problem because there's relatively few of them. The problem is the masses who are addicted to 'more' and don't give a stuff about the consequences.

The debauch is over. Everyone has to wind it down.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

For people who have nothing concrete to offer, it's a common ploy to resort to predicting the future. That's the great thing about the future. You can say, wihin reason, pretty much what you want about it and there's no way of refuting it.

In the 70's the doom merchants were predicting a new ice age with millions dying of starvation by the turn of the century. Man made global warming hysteria is nor based on real scientific data any more the Jehovah's witnesses preaching the end of the world is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1