Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

Earth is in control of it's "space", like the dinosaurs we are just visitors. What ever humans, the sun, the moon does, Earth doesn't care, another chapter will open.

Humans of today are not just interested in surviving, they are just interested in money, show, glam......That will all end..

I wonder what will be next....Hmmmmm.....????

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Even animals don't foul their nests the way humanity has. Phukkking pathetic. ????

Sure they do, from bugs up. Early Earth had a beautiful atmosphere of CO2 and a little methane. Then a new life form, algae, went hog wild consuming all the CO2 trashing the world with highly toxic oxygen. Oxygen eats or burns almost everything except life that evolved later to use it. But now that life has used almost all the CO2 causing Earth to start freezing again.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If there is intelligent life out there, it will never allow us off this rock. They will have seen what we did to this rock and they ain't gonna allow us to do it elsewhere.

I'd go with the "doomed as a species". Any species that destroys the environment that supports it is doomed, and we've been busily destroying our environment since they learned to make fire.

disagree, the west are doing well in this regard,

and i expect rest of the world to catch up the slack.

as a specie we are certainly not the worst,

that title belongs to the sea life forms that uses co2

as building materials for their shells.

while a good survival strategy short term,

long term they are depleting co2 until algae cant get enough of it,

and with out the algae, they will them self go extinct.

that is to say, they are self destructive and dont even know it.

in contrast we humans have the ability to dig up

these life forms and recycle the co2 they took with them into their grave.

we are the saviors of the planets life

On 11/8/2019 at 10:19 PM, brokenbone said:

disagree, the west are doing well in this regard,

and i expect rest of the world to catch up the slack.

as a specie we are certainly not the worst,

that title belongs to the sea life forms that uses co2

as building materials for their shells.

while a good survival strategy short term,

long term they are depleting co2 until algae cant get enough of it,

and with out the algae, they will them self go extinct.

that is to say, they are self destructive and dont even know it.

in contrast we humans have the ability to dig up

these life forms and recycle the co2 they took with them into their grave.

we are the saviors of the planets life

Humans can't even see what happens to rats when they overpopulate their environment and learn from that.

As for CO2, our masters are all trying to stop us putting more CO2 into the atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Good to see Greta is getting the recognition she deserves..... 

https://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2019/5567758/greta-thunberg/

...or perhaps if media ignored her altogether she would go back to school

and try to be constructive ? then again its a competitive world

and her prospects of a career is rather low, given her mental issues.

maybe this is her best bet making a buck.

speaking of media, their relentless rants are making humans dumber

4 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

..or perhaps if media ignored her altogether she would go back to school

and try to be constructive ?

That way she could learn some basic foundations required to understand at least part of the climate debate.

12 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

So, who to believe, the unequivocal evidence as presented by Greta Thunberg and David Attenborough or the inane misogynistic blitherings of those on this thread. 

You are just making fools of yourselves.

What does David Attenborough have to do with this? And what's wrong with pointing out what an angry, hateful and hostile little girl Greta is? Facts aren't misogynistic.

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

So, who to believe, the unequivocal evidence as presented by Greta Thunberg and David Attenborough or the inane misogynistic blitherings of those on this thread. 

i dont know what greta ever presented beside a 'how dare you'

and some rant that people are dying, presumably due to co2 radiation,

but unfortunately david attenborough is demonstrably wrong,

its such a shame he made a tit out of himself as the final presentation,

i really enjoyed his nature programs

10 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

So, who to believe, the unequivocal evidence as presented by Greta Thunberg 

Greta Thunberg has never presented any "unequivocal evidence" or anything close to it.

All she has presented are the warmed-over opinions of the activists who are moving her round the globe, combined with the occasional petulance of the teenager that she is.

The people making fools of themselves are the adults genuflecting at her feet as though she were a combination of Wonder Woman and Mother Teresa.

11 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I would sooner listen to the likes of distinguished scientists like William Happer, Richard Lindzen, Willie Soon and Freeman Dyson.

Greta Thunberg & David Attenborough? LOL.

42 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

All she has presented are the warmed-over opinions of the activists who are moving her round the globe, combined with the occasional petulance of the teenager that she is.

Don't forget taking selfies with Obama, Trudeau, Di Caprio and Schwarzy, that should do miracles for climate warming :whistling:

@Airbagwill & @Chomper Higgot

Care to discuss Arctic sea ice extent and hiding of data?

This graph of Arctic sea ice extent is from NOAA website (1979 onwards)

Link: https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/snow-and-ice/extent/sea-ice/N/0

15748875_Screenshot_2019-11-12SeaIceandSnowCoverExtentSnowandIceNationalCentersforEnvironmentalInformation(NCEI).png.8e295b28a89be6ec0634faa3c0f66785.png

What they don't show you is the data prior to 1979

Source: IPCC Report 1990 https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/03/ipcc_far_wg_I_full_report.pdf

1214606418_Screenshot_2019-11-12ipcc_far_wg_I_full_reportpdf.png.e138aedcb4de2f45a46fe8a7247a0494.png

The report goes on to state that there are significant decreases in open water within the ice and no change in ice thickness of around 2m.

So sea ice extent seems pretty stable.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Never let the facts get in the way of the new cult

As Brendan O'Neill described it, the climate change movements " .. become belief systems that are cleaved to, not because they have been tested and discussed in the public sphere, but because their adherents just know that they are right.

"These are the perfect conditions in which arrogance and intellectual hollowness can flourish, and in which defensiveness and fury become the default responses to any challenge from outside."

It rings very true.

14 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

As Brendan O'Neill described it, the climate change movements " .. become belief systems that are cleaved to, not because they have been tested and discussed in the public sphere, but because their adherents just know that they are right.

"These are the perfect conditions in which arrogance and intellectual hollowness can flourish, and in which defensiveness and fury become the default responses to any challenge from outside."

It rings very true.

As you can see-many hundreds are interested in your point of view...even tho' you have been given a free run.

Died in the wool brexiteeer,alternative rightest,climate change denialist,Trumpist,Tommy Robinson supporter. and, of course,a lover of the fried Mars bar..????

Not a single one of you are able to post your academic qualifications on this forum-because,I suspect ,you have none.

Blather away-it's free..

6 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

As you can see-many hundreds are interested in your point of view...even tho' you have been given a free run.

Died in the wool brexiteeer,alternative rightest,climate change denialist,Trumpist,Tommy Robinson supporter. and, of course,a lover of the fried Mars bar..????

172 pages, and that's the silliest post of the entire thread.

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Don’t generalize much, do you ?

Never mind the sea ice data, here's data tampering of sea level data:

NASA graph 1870 - 2013

Link: https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

1715108818_Screenshot_2019-11-12SeaLevelNASAGlobalClimateChange.png.a62fd5a623083c9e36376290d01a9308.png

Now here's James Hansen's graph 1880 - 1980

Link: https://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1982/1982_Gornitz_go05100g.pdf

1493191671_Screenshot_2019-11-121982_Gornitz_go05100gpdf.png.06b9f01425805e0c1d04070ed782d379.png

And here are the two graphs superimposed onto one another

1319005105_Screenshot_2019-11-12AcceleratingSeaLevelFraudInClimateScienceRealClimateScience(1).png.9530027177d117cbf083da621a872619.png

Can you see a pattern emerging here?

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Hmmm..go Greta go!

But then I am not engaging in psuedo-intellectualism am I?

I am merely pointing out the very close link between Trumpists,Brexiteers,mysogonists ,climate change denialists,alternative rightests and addicts of the internet in general.

My academic qualifications at least allow me to ponder on these subjects..

I guess that you wouldn't like to see another photo of our native birds,eh?

what is the link between brits wanting to leave EU

and republicans in USA ? and how do you link them two closely

to 'climate change denialists', which is in itself a misnomer,

since the group you now refer to generally aknowledge

that climate has changed over history, -unlike the activists

that deny there ever was a medieval warm period or minor ice age.

this is such a bunch of confusion that it indicates you

just fired up a cannabis bong and think that qualify as education.

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

But an adult does not base their opinons on a bunch of a climate denialists posting on a free internet site,nu?

Climate denialiats who cannot admit to any form of academic qualifiications,who persistently support brexit,Trump.alt right wing propaganda,and who support misogyny on a grand scale are not to be taken seriously.

When challenged not a single one of then cam provide a single piece of evidence that they have ever visited Thailand in their lives which seems kinda strange for a Thailand forum.

Gone down the drain where they belong..

firstly, i dont deny medieval warm period and minor ice age,

can you confirm whether you accept that part of climate history or deny it ?

secondly im retired and didnt bring my engineering graduate papers when i moved to thailand,

i had zero intent to work in thailand, i couldnt give a rats ar$e what england do,

but i think politicians should obey the vote they asked for on principal a basis,

this is exactly the field where consensus has any kind of legitimacy.

thirdly just give me a suggestion of what you constitute as proof

that i live in pattaya and ill see if its a reasonable request

Archived