BANGKOK
webfact

Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

On 10/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, DrTuner said:

You didn't find my suggestion of planting trees any of those? I recently planted 500 Sai Kaoree (Korean Junipers) around my fortress. I hope there's enough CO2 in the air so they grow inpenetrable quickly.

Planting trees to "offset" CO2 is a faux scheme while the old growth rain forests in Sth America, Africa and Indonesia are being destroyed at an astonishing rate.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 8:16 PM, canuckamuck said:

When the state controls the means of production (industry), sets price controls and restricts citizen consumption (sorry no gas grill for you). You get the predictable, tried many times, totalitarian regime. You still have the same amount of elites but everyone else are slaves or criminals.

Nothing wrong with some state run institutions like medicine for example. Its a little different when Nike is making Mao suits in one color for everyone and you got to eat carrots for three weeks because that is what the store has currently, while they wait on the wheat harvest to make bread.

No, NZ had state ownership of essential resources, controlled the distance trucks could transport goods, citizens had little choice in what they bought ( everything was imported or a monopoly ), controlled how much money could be sent overseas, even banned wage increases and buying petrol on weekends at one point, but the country was far better off and more socially cohesive. Now it's all about GREED and we the people are screwed, unless mega rich.

Never mind though- as long as the masses can get sports on tv they don't seem to care.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 12:57 AM, bristolboy said:

In the same way that not all geologists publish about tectonic plate theory. 

Sooooo, nobody would claim that there is a 99% consensus among geologists about tectonic plate theory based on published work, would they?

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 1:43 AM, RideJocky said:

Yes, most everyone making a living off publishing global warming agree.

So what percentage of “science” are people making a living publishing global warming papers?

That you guys regurgitate this same lie over and over suggests you actually believe it.

IMO they keep saying it because they think if they say it often enough, people will come to believe it.

A man in the last century made a comment about that- “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. "

Oldies will probably recognise who said it.

• Confused 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:19 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m curious about one thing.

You associate environmentalism

and acceptance of the scientific consensus on climate change is being ‘left wing’.

I know a number of people who are definitely on the right of the political spectrum but who are also pro environmentalism and accept the scientific consensus on climate change.

Why do you associate these issues as the reserve of the left?

Too black and white.

It's possible to be an environmentalist and not be sucked into the, IMO, faux scientific "consensus" propaganda.

Personally I believe in climate change as it has in the past and will in the future, but I doubt we humans can change it, much, if at all.

The planet changes from ice age to hot age and back - it's a natural cycle. Did so before humans existed and will continue to do so after the last human perishes.

Even if we could change climate to something we liked- pleasantly warm everywhere, only rains at night between 2 and 5 am, etc etc, a dirty great meteorite can come along and end us all anyway. Life on planet earth is precarious at the best of times. If we are not dying of diseases, we are killing each other at a great rate in wars.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:19 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

You associate environmentalism

and acceptance of the scientific consensus on climate change is being ‘left wing’.

IMO environmentalism isn't a political movement. It's just being a good occupant of planet earth.

Doesn't everyone want no garbage around?

Pity that so many don't care about throwing their garbage around,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forethat said:

I'd say people are getting pretty sick of these so called "climate activists". Today they dragged them to the ground and kicked the <deleted> out of them. 

Just saying.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/17/angry-commuters-drag-xr-protesters-off-tube-try-glue-10933003/

Very nearly one extinct rebel.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:58 AM, Chomper Higgot said:
On 10/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, RideJocky said:

Yet you clearly only consider the opinions of those people that make a living publishing papers on global warming.

You mean scientists publishing peer reviewed research?!

"Peer Review is universally used to ensure the quality of scientific research, but the process may not be as reliable as people assume. A new study in PLoS One suggests that the recommendations reviewers may not be much more reliable than a coin toss."

https://www.science20.com/news_articles/how_reliable_peer_review

Not to mention that peer review does not determine if a theory is correct, just that there are no obvious holes in the argument, or perhaps your buddies in the field like you (or like climate change).

"Peer review is the worst possible way to judge papers, except all the others that have been tried"

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WeekendRaider said:

another total faker.  she believes 'Climate Change' is a fashion thing as well as a fake political issue.

the science indicates that it is too late.

and even Obama at COP21 knew it was too late.  that was when they included the absurd "carbon removals" in the Paris agreement [almost 4 years ago now] that are impossible to the scale required..... as well as exactly what they agreed to!

and she considers "no fly" to be a personal decision, along the lines of "air travel shaming".  except a total abeyance on all commercial and private air travel always was, and still is, the first baby step on the emissions side, or for any serious mitigation at all to occur.  otherwise every other economic sector has and will continue to balk on any serious outlays or restrictions.  duh.  and, smart as always, why Obama and the rest of the crew exempted "aviation" at COP21... and then at Katowice [COP23] the industry itself came up with fake "CORSIA offsets".... on some air travel.... beginning in 2027.  whoppp deee doooo!!!!!!

this is how she can be such a media darling..... yet folks like Noam Chomsky, still alive and a thinkin', has not been seen on Amerikeen TV since the 1960's.... when on The Firing Line he said sending the Marines into South Vietnam.... was going to be a mistake.  but he can be seen quite a lot on Youtube today, becase he is so damn interesting and I especially love the Q&A at the USMA talk he gave a few years back now.... Chomsky spoke on 'Just Warfare' at the invitation of the cadet corps at West Point, New York.   Chomsky has always been point blank on Climate as a threat, along with nukes.  no fake "it's only about ice melting" or "Chinese Hoax".... which are the same denial, just different fake "sides".  and so he is never seen on USA TV... or USA newspapers hardly ever... but Greta she is a media darling!!!!  she talks about her feelings, but not the science or real politics. 

True, American  corporate media treat the sheep like mushrooms feeding them ____ ______. Noam in the world treasure no doubt. Greta is about to speak in the heart of TarSands country in the State of Alberta.