BANGKOK
webfact

Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

31 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Of course she has, its just that blustering fuddy-duddies cant accept that a 16 year old.... and a GIRL at that ... has bested them.

That's a very disrespectful description of the Pope, and in any case, he had some quite friendly words to say to her.

You mean scientists publishing peer reviewed research?!

No, I mean climatologists publishing peer reviewed papers, or which would generally only include a fraction of the actual research.

But even if I did mean all scientists publishing peer reviewed papers, that still would not include enough scientists to support the 97% lie you guys are constantly regurgitating.

For every climatologist there are how many other scientists?

For every publishing scientist there are how many that don’t publish?

Keep drinking the Koolaide...
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/16/2019 at 6:46 PM, rabas said:

They're right! We've been in an atypical ice age for 3 million years where CO2 repeatedly drops to near dying levels during glacial periods as the world begins to freeze. A trend that is worsening. But thanks to abundant CO2 production, we may have terminated the cycle, but it's uncertain because we don't understand why Earth's CO2 has been so low recently.  However, now that we have raised the temperature a bit, we need to be very careful not not go to far.

See, it does not have to be presented as doomsday.

The human % of CO2 is small compared to natural causes. I doubt anything we can do will make any difference whatsoever in the overall situation.

Try getting everyone with a fossil fuelled vehicle to buy a new electric one- impossible. They couldn't even make enough electric cars in the next 10 years and that's when the doom merchants say it's sayonara for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forethat said:

I'd say people are getting pretty sick of these so called "climate activists". Today they dragged them to the ground and kicked the <deleted> out of them. 

Just saying.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/17/angry-commuters-drag-xr-protesters-off-tube-try-glue-10933003/

Ah, the worms have turned. Expect more such. The police response is only to be expected but pathetic. They need to be nipping these disruptive protests in the bud, not waiting till they have blocked roads and stopped trains.

Time for some proactive policing, and pensioners that join in should be punished as severely as the younger ones, if any have actually been punished at all.

I spent 3 hours a day getting to and from work in an overcrowded London tube carriage. Had some <deleted> made my journey any more inconvenient and unpleasant I'd have been severely PO.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, DrTuner said:

You didn't find my suggestion of planting trees any of those? I recently planted 500 Sai Kaoree (Korean Junipers) around my fortress. I hope there's enough CO2 in the air so they grow inpenetrable quickly.

Planting trees to "offset" CO2 is a faux scheme while the old growth rain forests in Sth America, Africa and Indonesia are being destroyed at an astonishing rate.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 8:16 PM, canuckamuck said:

When the state controls the means of production (industry), sets price controls and restricts citizen consumption (sorry no gas grill for you). You get the predictable, tried many times, totalitarian regime. You still have the same amount of elites but everyone else are slaves or criminals.

Nothing wrong with some state run institutions like medicine for example. Its a little different when Nike is making Mao suits in one color for everyone and you got to eat carrots for three weeks because that is what the store has currently, while they wait on the wheat harvest to make bread.

No, NZ had state ownership of essential resources, controlled the distance trucks could transport goods, citizens had little choice in what they bought ( everything was imported or a monopoly ), controlled how much money could be sent overseas, even banned wage increases and buying petrol on weekends at one point, but the country was far better off and more socially cohesive. Now it's all about GREED and we the people are screwed, unless mega rich.

Never mind though- as long as the masses can get sports on tv they don't seem to care.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 12:57 AM, bristolboy said:

In the same way that not all geologists publish about tectonic plate theory. 

Sooooo, nobody would claim that there is a 99% consensus among geologists about tectonic plate theory based on published work, would they?

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 1:43 AM, RideJocky said:

Yes, most everyone making a living off publishing global warming agree.

So what percentage of “science” are people making a living publishing global warming papers?

That you guys regurgitate this same lie over and over suggests you actually believe it.

IMO they keep saying it because they think if they say it often enough, people will come to believe it.

A man in the last century made a comment about that- “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. "

Oldies will probably recognise who said it.

• Confused 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:19 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m curious about one thing.

You associate environmentalism

and acceptance of the scientific consensus on climate change is being ‘left wing’.

I know a number of people who are definitely on the right of the political spectrum but who are also pro environmentalism and accept the scientific consensus on climate change.

Why do you associate these issues as the reserve of the left?

Too black and white.

It's possible to be an environmentalist and not be sucked into the, IMO, faux scientific "consensus" propaganda.

Personally I believe in climate change as it has in the past and will in the future, but I doubt we humans can change it, much, if at all.

The planet changes from ice age to hot age and back - it's a natural cycle. Did so before humans existed and will continue to do so after the last human perishes.

Even if we could change climate to something we liked- pleasantly warm everywhere, only rains at night between 2 and 5 am, etc etc, a dirty great meteorite can come along and end us all anyway. Life on planet earth is precarious at the best of times. If we are not dying of diseases, we are killing each other at a great rate in wars.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:19 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

You associate environmentalism

and acceptance of the scientific consensus on climate change is being ‘left wing’.

IMO environmentalism isn't a political movement. It's just being a good occupant of planet earth.

Doesn't everyone want no garbage around?

Pity that so many don't care about throwing their garbage around,

• Like 1