BANGKOK
webfact

Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

You lot still at it? I thought we all died already from the global warming. Mankind cant take 2 degrees. It's a mystery to me how we survive the mornings when the temp goes up by ten degrees, utter mayhem.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Weak response from my good friend and fellow academic researcher! Glad to see you don't refute my main premise that Earth's CO2 levels have been periodically hitting dangerous lows during man's accent in the last million years.

freeze ups: I defined in my post = glaciations.

Periodic cycles: see Milankovitch Cycles.

That’s not what I asked you.

I asked:

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Worsening periodic freeze ups, what ever they are.

Evidence please.

You referred to these, now let’s have your explanation of what they are and evidence they are happening?

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That might be something to do with genetics.

eco-anxiety is a serious condition requiring treatment

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I asked:

You referred to these, now let’s have your explanation of what they are and evidence they are happening?

yes, have a wild guess what " Worsening periodic freeze ups "

might refer to ?

surely it cant be the reoccurring ice ages

can it ? and if it is, its due to the orbit around the sun somehow directly

influence co2 levels due to some

kind of attraction to co2,

...and then temperature follows co2,

or issit the other way around ?

blasphemy i say

620px-milankovitchcycles.jpg

800px-EPICA_temperature_plot.svg.png

milankovitch through history.jpg

ice age cycles.jpg

vostok ice cores.jpg

Edited by brokenbone
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I asked:

Worsening periodic freeze ups, what ever they are.

Evidence please.

Good news, I found my spoon.

5 MILLION YEARS OF WORSENING GLACIATIONS!  We are doomed without more CO2.

image.png.ca4f68f3b55c1e63bd1241065425dcc8.png

<Sediment records showing the fluctuating sequences of glacials and interglacials during the last several million years.>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

8 hours ago, pegman said:

True, American  corporate media treat the sheep like mushrooms feeding them ____ ______. Noam in the world treasure no doubt. Greta is about to speak in the heart of TarSands country in the State of Alberta.

Curiously she was nowhere near as keen to respond to legitimate questions asked by local media as to who is picking up the tab for her and her entourage for this elaborate grandstanding tour.

HowDareYou.ca

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Well you were explaining why she is special. Her words are actually quite mainstream. Which is why they resonate with you. Puppet love.

Bless

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

From there I can see the real climate crisis is the gradual reduction of CO2 over time.

We almost croaked a while back: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/30/life-on-earth-was-nearly-doomed-by-too-little-co2/

When burning fossils we're effectively reverting back into the historical levels. About 1500-2000 should be optimal, we're adding 10 a year or so? at least 1000 to add, that'll be 100 years of we be burning until it's nice and lush. I reckon we can't dig 'em out though, will run out of stuff to burn.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

From there I can see the real climate crisis is the gradual reduction of CO2 over time. Human industry has accidentally buffered a serious ecological crisis.

But of course the wisdom of today is CO2 is evil and children are the wisest of all.

Yes!  and not so accidental. Picture evolving humanoids periodically forced to migrate, learning technology to stay alive, hunt, keep warm, and the invention of fire and fuel. Man's intelligence increases and voila, more CO2 and the ice age retreats. 

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

So as I thought she does not know what she is talking about and is just a puppet being told what to say. Not worthy of any following.

97% of  actively publishing climate scientists agree that there is man made climate change but fools on here know better. Can't trust those smart educated types I guess. 

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pegman said:

97% of  actively publishing climate scientists agree that there is man made climate change but fools on here know better. Can't trust those smart educated types I guess. 

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

And you actually think the worlds governments need to be told by a kid....🤣

The worlds governments knew sod all about what humans were doing to the planet until a kid told them...🤔......Gawd.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, rabas said:

Picture evolving humanoids periodically forced to migrate, learning technology to stay alive, hunt, keep warm, and the invention of fire and fuel. Man's intelligence increases and voila, more CO2 and the ice age retreats. 

As much as I'd like to credit the ending of the ice age to cavemen getting clever and firing up the barbie more often, I think that time it wasn't man made.