Jump to content

Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'


Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Sujo said:

The science is settled and no amount of posturing from pundits on here will change that.

I very much doubt any serious scientist would ever say that the science is settled.

Science is always evolving, as new information comes to light.

 

That statement goes in the same category as saying 97% of scientists agree ( on anything ).

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

BINGO! Since the dawn of man, men have adapted to their circumstances. The more technology advances, the more humans can adapt. We are now more able to adapt to the ever-changing climate than any time in history. Yet liberals are more hysterical about the ever-changing climate, even when just a easy look at temperature trends over time indicates what we already know: the only constant with climate is that it's always changing.

To know why the hysteria is happening, we have to know who is behind the movement. 

I think we need to find out who benefits from the chaos.

Follow the money!

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

it's all about staying in a big beauty destroying concrete box and getting a sun tan, with a lot of drinking and displays of local dancing tarted up for the tourists.

 

reminds me of an interview with billy idol

when the reporter stated the industry was all about sex and drugs, to which he replied: horrible isnt it ? 😍

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I support her and the efforts for activism to promote the need for a change in the current amount of carbon emissions.

 

Why deny something with so much science behind it? Rising global temperatures making the sea levels rise.

It's only like 100 companies that are responsible for the majority of emissions.

 

" It gets even worse. The Carbon Majors Report revealed that more than half of all industrial emissions over the past 30 years were put out by just 25 corporate and state-owned entities. Twenty-five companies are killing us, smothering us, stealing our futures while choking us (and not the fun kind of consensual choking done in the bedroom. This is the bad kind of choking that results in drought and hurricanes and your dog stuck in a tree!). "

 

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/just-100-companies-will-sign-humanitys-death-sentence/

Truthdig article Just 100 Companies Will Sign Humanity’s Death Warrant by Lee Camp 2.JPG

 

On a side note, anyone seen that death metal remake of her speech? 👍

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 7:56 PM, Sujo said:

You guys still going on about this

Weeks ago a teenage girl made a speech you disapprove of, and you guys are still going on about it.  It's getting a little perverse.  Or do you guys get paid to do this?

 

Who the hell takes teenagers seriously anyway?  Or are some of you those incels I've been hearing about?

 

 

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Why deny something with so much science behind it? Rising global temperatures making the sea levels rise.

How much has it risen where you are? Where I am it's rising at about a millimetre or so every year? Too little to even notice. Don't think it's risen any higher than when I was a boy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RickBradford said:

And the science that the UN scientists decided on, bears almost no relation to the apocalyptic nonsense that Greta Thunberg has been spouting all around the globe.

 

As an informed supporter of UN science, can you link to the bit where the UN scientists state - or endorse the idea - that "Around the year 2030, 10 years 252 days and 10 hours away from now, we will be in a position where we set off an irreversible chain reaction beyond human control, that will most likely lead to the end of our civilisation as we know it."?

 

That was one of the most prominent statements in Greta's address to the UK parliament, and I would appreciate your help in finding out where UN scientists said that, or anything like it.

The science is settled and she is telling leaders of the world to do their job and do something.

 

how dare she.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

I support her and the efforts for activism to promote the need for a change in the current amount of carbon emissions.

 

Why deny something with so much science behind it? Rising global temperatures making the sea levels rise.

It's only like 100 companies that are responsible for the majority of emissions.

 

" It gets even worse. The Carbon Majors Report revealed that more than half of all industrial emissions over the past 30 years were put out by just 25 corporate and state-owned entities. Twenty-five companies are killing us, smothering us, stealing our futures while choking us (and not the fun kind of consensual choking done in the bedroom. This is the bad kind of choking that results in drought and hurricanes and your dog stuck in a tree!). "

 

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/just-100-companies-will-sign-humanitys-death-sentence/

Truthdig article Just 100 Companies Will Sign Humanity’s Death Warrant by Lee Camp 2.JPG

 

On a side note, anyone seen that death metal remake of her speech? 👍

Could be the moon doing overtime regarding some sea level rise. Well it does control our tides, doesn't it.........Where I had my boat there was no sea rise that I noticed over 30 years..🧐

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The leaders of my country should be giving the citizens a better life, not pandering to the ranting of a teenager. They were not elected to tax us into poverty and destroy primary industries that pay for everything in the country.

That's what she is advocating. A 'better life.' That includes actions taken against the amount of pollution/carbon emissions. 

 

On one hand you say leaders should be giving citizens a better life. I fully agree. Those huge corporations and state owned polluters should be considered in giving as you mentioned, 'a better life.' A cleaner life, I might add.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How much has it risen where you are? Where I am it's rising at about a millimetre or so every year? Too little to even notice. Don't think it's risen any higher than when I was a boy.

Point taken. I will check some information about it to clear up the differences in opinions, facts.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

 

Could be the moon doing overtime regarding some sea level rise. Well it does control our tides, doesn't it.........Where I had my boat there was no sea rise that I noticed over 30 years..🧐

Point taken. I will check some information about it to clear up the differences in opinions, facts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

That's what she is advocating. A 'better life.' That includes actions taken against the amount of pollution/carbon emissions. 

 

On one hand you say leaders should be giving citizens a better life. I fully agree. Those huge corporations and state owned polluters should be considered in giving as you mentioned, 'a better life.' A cleaner life, I might add.

Not every country has hugely polluting corporations. That would be countries with large populations and large industrialisation.

That said, even we need to get cleaner and stop using landfills because our governments couldn't be bothered putting proper recycling into place.

Would also help if we had something resembling public transport that people want to use.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...