BANGKOK
webfact

Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

I support her and the efforts for activism to promote the need for a change in the current amount of carbon emissions.

Why deny something with so much science behind it? Rising global temperatures making the sea levels rise.

It's only like 100 companies that are responsible for the majority of emissions.

" It gets even worse. The Carbon Majors Report revealed that more than half of all industrial emissions over the past 30 years were put out by just 25 corporate and state-owned entities. Twenty-five companies are killing us, smothering us, stealing our futures while choking us (and not the fun kind of consensual choking done in the bedroom. This is the bad kind of choking that results in drought and hurricanes and your dog stuck in a tree!). "

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/just-100-companies-will-sign-humanitys-death-sentence/

Truthdig article Just 100 Companies Will Sign Humanity’s Death Warrant by Lee Camp 2.JPG

On a side note, anyone seen that death metal remake of her speech? 👍

Could be the moon doing overtime regarding some sea level rise. Well it does control our tides, doesn't it.........Where I had my boat there was no sea rise that I noticed over 30 years..🧐

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The leaders of my country should be giving the citizens a better life, not pandering to the ranting of a teenager. They were not elected to tax us into poverty and destroy primary industries that pay for everything in the country.

That's what she is advocating. A 'better life.' That includes actions taken against the amount of pollution/carbon emissions. 

On one hand you say leaders should be giving citizens a better life. I fully agree. Those huge corporations and state owned polluters should be considered in giving as you mentioned, 'a better life.' A cleaner life, I might add.

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How much has it risen where you are? Where I am it's rising at about a millimetre or so every year? Too little to even notice. Don't think it's risen any higher than when I was a boy.

Point taken. I will check some information about it to clear up the differences in opinions, facts.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Could be the moon doing overtime regarding some sea level rise. Well it does control our tides, doesn't it.........Where I had my boat there was no sea rise that I noticed over 30 years..🧐

Point taken. I will check some information about it to clear up the differences in opinions, facts.

6 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

That's what she is advocating. A 'better life.' That includes actions taken against the amount of pollution/carbon emissions. 

On one hand you say leaders should be giving citizens a better life. I fully agree. Those huge corporations and state owned polluters should be considered in giving as you mentioned, 'a better life.' A cleaner life, I might add.

Not every country has hugely polluting corporations. That would be countries with large populations and large industrialisation.

That said, even we need to get cleaner and stop using landfills because our governments couldn't be bothered putting proper recycling into place.

Would also help if we had something resembling public transport that people want to use.

• Like 2

It's only like 100 companies that are responsible for the majority of emissions.

Why don’t you quit trading with them?

Do the customers not bear any responsibility?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

Did you read the article you posted? It's nonsense. He lists all the companies producing fossil fuels. Duh. OTOH, energy consumption is universal. No wonder people don't trust activists.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Did you read the article you posted? It's nonsense. He lists all the companies producing fossil fuels. Duh. OTOH, energy consumption is universal. No wonder people don't trust activists.

Your contribution to the topic is in total disregard of the point. The point is that those few companies/entities produce the majority of emissions/pollution. Are you aware that there is a need for renewable energies? Departing from the use of fossil fuels which are quite dirty. Why wouldn’t he list the source of the emissions/pollution? Duh?

You also then say it’s “nonsense.” Nonsense due to not only his calling out of such sources of emissions/pollution but the Carbon Majors Report findings? Please explain more.

Next, you go on to say “No wonder people don’t trust activists.” Right..let’s degrade ‘activists.’ Yes, of course I read it.

Again and lastly, I say, your comment was in total disregard of the point and issue at hand.

Doctor: You drink too much.

Some people: No, I’m fine. Everyone drinks. Never trusted doctors anyway.

Edited by Solinvictus

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Earth's environment is the most complex science problem anywhere in the universe, in part because it's driven by living organisms.  Can you  say just which parts you think are 'settled"? Or do you mean the scaremongering is settled.

You are making arguments on here and yet you dont know?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

She's still going on about it stamping her foot and being rude to people, maybe if she went back home to school we could forget the little idiot?

Yes i suppose its hard to forget her when someone obviously held a gun to your heard and made you click on the link to read about her.

That does make it difficult.

3 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

I support her and the efforts for activism to promote the need for a change in the current amount of carbon emissions.

Why deny something with so much science behind it? Rising global temperatures making the sea levels rise.

" It gets even worse. The Carbon Majors Report revealed that more than half of all industrial emissions over the past 30 years were put out by just 25 corporate and state-owned entities. Twenty-five companies are killing us, smothering us, stealing our futures while choking us (and not the fun kind of consensual choking done in the bedroom. This is the bad kind of choking that results in drought and hurricanes and your dog stuck in a tree!). "

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/just-100-companies-will-sign-humanitys-death-sentence/

Truthdig article Just 100 Companies Will Sign Humanity’s Death Warrant by Lee Camp 2.JPG

On a side note, anyone seen that death metal remake of her speech? 👍

firstly, temperature causes the ocean to give up co2,

giving an increase in atmospheric co2,

not the other way around.

secondly, choke on what exactly ?

for your info plants die below 150 ppm co2,

and with them, everything else on the planet surface,

it came close to that at the bottom of last ice age,

180 ppm.

scientists already found a world wide biomass increase

as a result of our effort to increase atmospheric co2 to 400 ppm, still a far cry off professional greenhouse owners

that pump bottled co2 into the greenhouse up to 1200+ ppm, but far better then current atmospheric levels

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

let me give you a hand

sea level rise.jpg

sea lv rise.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1