BANGKOK
webfact

Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

On 10/17/2019 at 1:11 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

1. I’ll call you out on your source.

You’ve posted a graphic which purports to be a histogram based on data from CRED, you have also posted a link to emdat.be/database.

What you have not posted is a link to where the graphic came from.

Please provide a link to where you got the graphic that you posted

2. What specific analytical methods did you use to analyze the data? 

1. Why do I need to post a link to where the graph (chart) came from? You saw it on TVF, didn't you?

2. When and If i publish any results of my analysis I will make sure to account for any analytical method used. 👍

Meanwhile, please feel free to contemplate the data collected and analysed by CRED.

Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 10.44.00.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Your contribution to the topic is in total disregard of the point. The point is that those few companies/entities produce the majority of emissions/pollution.

No. The oil producers do not produce the emissions. Consumers do, by using fuel or buying products that need energy to produce.  The original article in the Guardian purposely mashes facts to gin up emotion and hatred. The article you quoted is little more than an informational drive by shooting.

• Like 2

Weeks ago a teenage girl made a speech you disapprove of, and you guys are still going on about it.  It's getting a little perverse.  Or do you guys get paid to do this?

Who the hell takes teenagers seriously anyway?  Or are some of you those incels I've been hearing about?

Why are you still going on about it?

I fully approve of her addressing the UN, more power to her.

I wonder if she flys coach?
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Well . it is not about WHY it happens , it is more about HOW to prevent the damage by the fast development of the effects of climate changes .

And that the climate is changing is a fact , or do you deny that ...?

nobody , wars are generally recognized as being bad for everyone , apart from arms sales , however nobody is rushing around trying to prevent wars , it is just accepted as a part of life or rather death  . The same with climate change  , nobody is going to do much , other than tinkering until you are unable to get insurance or planes start falling out of the sky  etc . Then things might change but not before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

Manmade global warming is a scientific fact....a

Climate denial is just a cavalcade of fools

No it's not, except to the people who think Nikola Tesla invented everything, we never landed on the moon and who think the earth is flat, they can prove it all with 'science'

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

so was consensus that earth was the center of universe

back in the days of galileo...

only one that think its a fact is john cook & Co,

here, join them online and see if you can add some spin on cc

http://www.hi-izuru.org/forum/The Consensus Project/2012-02-27-Official TCP Guidelines (all discussion of grey areas, disputed papers, clarifications goes here).html

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Get where? You going to change the climate somehow?

yeah, by reducing 0.02% co2 content in atmosphere

we will see a miracle, expect santa claus to show up in alberta drinking ale to keep warm, all the while begging for someone to fire up a heating system anytime soon

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Climate always changes, has done since the planet formed, and will till it's destroyed by an expanding sun.

Please post a link to any person of importance that says climate is not changing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

No it's not, except to the people who think Nikola Tesla invented everything, we never landed on the moon and who think the earth is flat, they can prove it all with 'science'

With the recent floods in Isaan, there are a whole bunch of people on the Korat plateau who know the earth is flat.  🙄   A few years back, people in BKK realized the same thing. 

I get tired of hearing about all this stuff.  Sure, humans are bad on the earth.  I do my part and keep a low environmental profile.  I don't drive all around polluting. I keep the house (in the USA) cold in the winter and hot in the summer.  When I was in Thailand way back when it was whatever the wind blew in.  Loei got cold and hot. I had a couple of light bulbs and very few possessions.  Life was good. 

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

With the recent floods in Isaan, there are a whole bunch of people on the Korat plateau who know the earth is flat.  🙄   A few years back, people in BKK realized the same thing. 

I get tired of hearing about all this stuff.  Sure, humans are bad on the earth.  I do my part and keep a low environmental profile.  I don't drive all around polluting. I keep the house (in the USA) cold in the winter and hot in the summer.  When I was in Thailand way back when it was whatever the wind blew in.  Loei got cold and hot. I had a couple of light bulbs and very few possessions.  Life was good. 

if you want to be eco-friendly and increase biomass,

be sure to revv that cadillac and do your part for the plants. greenhouse owners found that many times over current co2 levels are optimal for nature

there are benefits to raising the CO2 level higher than the global average, up to 1500 ppm.

https://fifthseasongardening.com/regulating-carbon-dioxide

as of todays atmospheric co2 levels,

plants are starving for co2,

we really do need to get consious

about our environment and release back co2 that over millions of years have been sequestered into fossils.

us, the living things, evolved at a time with

much much higher co2 levels then is today, well over 2000 ppm, compared to

todays measly 400 ppm co2,

5 times below the levels when we evolved.

we became alive and evolved because of high co2 levels. co2 & h2o are the two

most important molecules for life on earth

co2 through history.jpg

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

hey, @New Yorker, dont be shy if you are confused,

spit it out, what part is it that you dont understand ?

• Thanks 2