Jump to content

Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'


Recommended Posts

Yeah, I've read all the "opinions" on this thread.
 
I made clear my views on the facts earlier. Not going to do so again. Or respond to snide comments.
 
Care to admit Wunsch did not back pedal?


I never saw his original statements, so I have no idea. But clearly he is of the opinion the science is not settled.

Care to admit the 97% is a regurgitated lie?

Care to admit the science isn’t settled?

Didn’t think so.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You go girl hold their feet to the fire make them face what’s happening so all of us can start making responsible changes and grow into a more sustainable world I’m proud of you kiddo!

And first of all make her shut up. 

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this cl

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Already said my piece earlier in thread.

 

Including pointing out misquoting of Carl Wunsch.

 

Provided evidence of this that was ignored...


Never called anyone a liar or a basket of anything as far as I recall. Please back up these allegations. 

You pointed out misquoting of Carl Wunsch? You pointed out diddly, to be fair. Here's some of that "backing up" that you so often ask for and repeatedly fail to recognise when it is provided.

 

Here's the Carl Wunsch quote (the one you claim is a misquote (in other words, you claimed that I lied) :

Quote

Carl wunsch is professor of oceanography at MIT. He was also visiting professor in oceanography at Harvard University and University College London. And a senior visiting fellow in Mathematics and physics at the University of Cambridge. He is the author of four major textbooks on oceanography. 

 

The ocean is the major reservoir into which carbon dioxide goes when it comes out of the atmosphere or to from which it is readmitted to the.. the atmosphere. If you heat the surface of the ocean it tends to emit carbon dioxide. So similarly if you cool the ocean surface the ocean can dissolve more carbon dioxide.

 

Here's a link to the quote:

 

Here's a video where you can listen to Carl Wunsch uttering that EXACT phrase:

 

In other words, my quote is correct, and your allegations are incorrect. And on top of everything you claim to have "provided evidence"?

Quote

 

"Including pointing out misquoting of Carl Wunsch.

 

Provided evidence of this that was ignored..."

 

 

 

PS.

Oh and btw, if you've forgotten how many times you use the word "liar" and "lie", please ask me to provide evidence of that as well... 🙄

Edited by Forethat
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Forethat said:

You pointed out misquoting of Carl Wunsch? You pointed out diddly, to be fair. Here's some of that "backing up" that you so often ask for and repeatedly fail to recognise when it is provided.

 

Here's the Carl Wunsch quote (the one you claim is a misquote (in other words, you claimed that I lied) :

 

Here's a link to the quote:

 

Here's a video where you can listen to Carl Wunsch uttering that EXACT phrase:

 

In other words, my quote is correct, and your allegations are incorrect. And on top of everything you claim to have "provided evidence"?

"Including pointing out misquoting of Carl Wunsch.

 

Provided evidence of this that was ignored..."

 

PS.

Oh and btw, if you've forgotten how many times you use the word "liar" and "lie", please ask me to provide evidence of that as well... 🙄

I'll take Wunsch's word on what happened and what his views are over yours anytime.

 

Especially, though not exclusively, as you cannot back up the allegations you made of me.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I'll take Wunsch's word on what happened and what his views are over yours anytime.

 

Especially, though not exclusively, as you cannot back up the allegations you made of me.

Come again? I just backed up the allegation in the most detailed manner. What else is it that you fail to comprehend? That you repeatedly call people liars?

Like here:

 

and here:

 

So in summary:

1. You repeatedly call people liars. Fact

2. You didn't provide evidence of a "misquote". Fact.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Come again? I just backed up the allegation in the most detailed manner. What else is it that you fail to comprehend? That you repeatedly call people liars?

Like here:

 

and here:

 

So in summary:

1. You repeatedly call people liars. Fact

2. You didn't provide evidence of a "misquote". Fact.

 

 

I am telling you Wunsch knows what he meant and knows what he said better than you.

 

I also note in my posts I say Patrick Moore is lying and his claim to have founded Greenpeace is a lie.

 

Not you.

 

Now please back up your claims.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I am telling you Wunsch knows what he meant and knows what he said better than you.

 

I also note in my posts I say Patrick Moore is lying and his claim to have founded Greenpeace is a lie.

 

Not you.

 

Now please back up your claims.

 

 

You repeatedly use the word "liar" and you claim to have provided evidence that I misquoted Carl Wunsch.

I have provided detailed evidence to prove that you DO use the word "liar" and "lie" to describe others, and I have also proved that you have NOT provided any evidence that I misquoted Carl Wunsch. Instead, I have provided evidence of the contrary. I quoted him word by word.

 

:mfr_closed1:

 

 

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 09.06.37.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Forethat said:

You repeatedly use the word "liar" and you claim to have provided evidence that I misquoted Carl Wunsch.

I have provided detailed evidence to prove that you DO use the word "liar" and "lie" to describe others, and I have also proved that you have NOT provided any evidence that I misquoted Carl Wunsch. Instead, I have provided evidence of the contrary. I quoted him word by word.

 

:mfr_closed1:

 

 

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 09.06.37.png

Don't why I expected anything else but deflection and denial from you...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sujo said:

No. 1200 scientists considered all evidence and came to a strong concensus.

 

Its settled. So no need to be upset the UN didnt ask for your advice.

Not in the papers I have quoted. I have (as usual) provided details and links to all referenced material. You can go there and read for yourself.

SImple as that.

 

One more thing, you should probably stop attacking me for an opinion I don't have. I don't claim to know better than anyone, I'm simply pointing out the flaws in statements where it is claimed that there is a 97% consensus. There is no such thing, and I have proved exactly that. As I have previously written in clear text:

Quote

 

My experiences of peer review and academic progress tell me that the most controversial subjects tend to have a 50/50 divide.

 

Note that I don't support either one, I'm simply expressing an opinion in terms of how big support there is for a theory.

 

So please stop the ad hominem fallacy and insulting posts.

Edited by Forethat
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RideJocky said:

 


How?

You can't figure that out? Ahh..figures. Well, try grasping the point of that golden post of mine rather than focusing on your inability to figure out "how?" 555 I recommend kindly, that you and @thaibeachlovers should reread the thread. Ha, you both can't figure it out, wow.

 

Ehh, this thread on the great Activist Greta Thunberg has been taken over by dudes that like to argue not to mention clearly unable read when cognitive dissonance is felt. 💪

 

By the way, establishment supporting republican conservatives are some of the least educated around. IMO. 🧟‍♀️ 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

 

 

I also note in my posts I say Patrick Moore is lying and his claim to have founded Greenpeace is a lie.

 

 

 

when did patrick moore lie and when did he claim to have founded greenpeace ?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...