Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

3 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Thunberg doesn't present any facts.

She simply trots out the standard puppet-babble that you could read in any Greenpeace press release. That's not surprising, since her main handler, Jennifer Morgan was an executive at Greenpeace (and the World Wildlife Fund, and the World Resources Institute, and the E3G activist group.)

This is mere staged theatre, something for the press to lap up, but quite devoid of substance.

Poor child, and she has no idea that she's being manipulated.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I give her credit for her strong belief in her cause. 

But I don't believe that climate change is caused by humans. The world has been around for millions of years as has the universe. The emissions and gases entering the atmosphere related to human intervention would be the size of a pin head compared to the universe, as such I don't buy it. Your welcome to believe in it and that's your opinion and choice.

Likewise, I have my opinion as others do, and that's mine.

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this climate change religion/cult, maybe she could try counting cards?

Interesting point of view. She has had her head filled with facts about what can be measured and observed - carbon dioxide trends, melting ice sheets etc. And vilified accordingly. Millions of children have their heads filled with beliefs about entities which are invisible, and that is applauded as religious instruction, not child abuse.

Small point indeed.

Just now, steven100 said:

But I don't believe that climate change is caused by humans. The world has been around for millions of years as has the universe. The emissions and gases entering the atmosphere related to human intervention would be the size of a pin head compared to the universe, as such I don't buy it. 

yeah right, don't listen to the majority of scientists

42 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Greta Thunberg is the perfect spokesperson for the modern "progressive" Green/Left.

Completely ignorant, yet totally convinced she is right. No wonder they all fawn over her.

I think I know where the ignorance is. The worst is, it's wilful.

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

But I don't believe that climate change is caused by humans. The world has been around for millions of years as has the universe. The emissions and gases entering the atmosphere related to human intervention would be the size of a pin head compared to the universe, as such I don't buy it. 

Yes, laymen on TVF know so much better than established science.

Good on her for telling it like she sees it, just a pity the 2 main culprits, USA and China, were too cowardly to show their faces there.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Yes, laymen on TVF know so much better than established science.

Good on her for telling it like she sees it, just a pity the 2 main culprits, USA and China, were too cowardly to show their faces there.

Greedy old men should hurry up with dying. Unfortunately, there are plenty more to replace them.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

unlike you who believes that big industry, banks and politicians are concerned about you and the future of your children.

I you'd care to read more that 2 or 3 posts, you would know that it's exactly the opposite of what you say.

I wonder how you can spout such lies without having a clue of what you're saying.

Unless, of course you're simply trolling.

2 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Thunberg doesn't present any facts.

She simply trots out the standard puppet-babble that you could read in any Greenpeace press release. That's not surprising, since her main handler, Jennifer Morgan was an executive at Greenpeace (and the World Wildlife Fund, and the World Resources Institute, and the E3G activist group.)

This is mere staged theatre, something for the press to lap up, but quite devoid of substance.

As say all Trump supporters who prefer to believe his BS that there's no such thing as climate change, it's all dreamt up by the alt left commies. Backed up by a couple of dubious "scientists" funded by the petro chem industry.

I prefer to believe what 98% of the world's scientists are telling me, not some BS from a snake oil salesman.

Which is the core of Greta's message, she doesn't want you to listen to her, she wants you to listen what the world's scientists are telling you.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Bingo!!! We would be better off executing all the politicians and economists, and putting the scientists in charge. They could not do any worse.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think I know where the ignorance is. The worst is, it's wilful.

It's wilful, sure - Greta's handlers know exactly what they are doing, but they are very careful to stay out of the limelight, for fear of damaging the optics if their behind-the-scenes manipulation became evident.

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

if only 1 scientist can disprove a theory then the theory is false

that is science

You are confusing theory and fact. It is a fact carbon dioxide is trending upwards since the Industrial Revolution. It is a fact ice sheets in the Antarctic, Greenland, and the Tibetan plateau are melting at unprecedented rates. Science relies on measurement, and that's what the measurements are telling us.

27 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Greta is autistic. In her it manifests itself in Asbergers, depression and an eating disorder. Due to her illness, she rarely attended school and when she did, found it challenging. Due to her finding her vocation in life, she has her autism much more under control. She has travelled the world, met many notaries and has had adventures that others her age can only dream of. Better that than being a little Swedish girl, holed up in her bedroom, with severe mental health problems and on an endless downward spiral. I'm shure that she has learnt far more by participating in her crusade than she would ever have done curled up in her bedroom. Don't pity her, her crusade has been her saviour.

Greatness has always come with huge crazyness. 

Just imaging putting a man at the moon? Promise a whole country and world, it was going to be done before the end of the decade? 

Every great man had his craziness, or call it mental issues drive to dear to accompliss something great. 

However, the clima treath is here, and something needs to be done, but what we need to do, is not going to happend in our lifetime. The new clima economic change is a hoax, but still we have to work on the real issues concerning our pollution and rape of mother earth. 

We just have to stop deforresting, be more smart about our consuming, use more renewable energy, and stopp polluting our oceans with plastic and other chemicals. 

Spot on, we need to half our population or more, and that is not very realistic unless we got a new huge plague that will take care of the business for us. 

4 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

It's wilful, sure - Greta's handlers know exactly what they are doing, but they are very careful to stay out of the limelight, for fear of damaging the optics if their behind-the-scenes manipulation became evident.

Go and look up the Second Law of Thermodynamics, then come back to me.

14 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

well, I remember reading somewhere months ago where the scientists got the numbers all wrong as such the climate change theory was somewhat diminished …. however, i'll see if I can find that article again .. 

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

We just have to stop deforresting, be more smart about our consuming, use more renewable energy, and stopp polluting our oceans with plastic and other chemicals. 

I see the most immediate threat as the wholescale deforestation of the Amazonian rainforest. The planet's lungs. If this is allowed to continue, climate change will pick up at a pace.

This wanton vandalism of the most important ecosystem on the planet is the result of policies enacted by Brazil's persident Bolsonaro, purley on the grounds of short term monetary gain. Fully and enthusiastically backed by Trump. Who else?

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well, I remember reading somewhere months ago where the scientists got the numbers all wrong as such the climate change theory was somewhat diminished …. however, i'll see if I can find that article again .. 

Yes, ignorance is bliss.

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If we kill this planet before we get off it we will have saved the rest of the universe from certain destruction.Always look on the bright side of life.

Our planet is in the ' outskirts ' of a galaxy called the milky way ... In univere there are countless galaxys with trillions of suns ( stars ) , most of them having planetary systems ...

We are just part of a giant experiment ... that is to ensure the survival and balance of our biosphere because we need this to survive as a species . If we fail , our species is bound for extinction , we will not survive ... Then we did not pass the test and failed .

But somewhere else in universe there will be alien species more intelligent than us who will survive and manage their planet better than  us .

_97760609_m63starstreamsandthesunflowergalaxyolegbryzgalov.jpg

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Greedy old men should hurry up with dying. Unfortunately, there are plenty more to replace them.

So , if someone does not agree with you, they are greedy old men that should hurry up with dying..

How did you come up with such pearls of wisdom ?

Let me explain, there are people who are as concerned as you for the future of the planet, and many of them are not buying into this media circus.

Being a internet warrior is not doing a iota for the planet, thanks for reading.

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Small point that needs clarifying. It was Greta's parents that filled her head with confusion, hate and panic, ergo they "stole her dreams". Textbook child abuse really. When she gets bored of this climate change religion/cult, maybe she could try counting cards?

This is overt child abuse in the extreme. 

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

I see the most immediate threat as the wholescale deforestation of the Amazonian rainforest. The planet's lungs. If this is allowed to continue, climate change will pick up at a pace.

This wanton vandalism of the most important ecosystem on the planet is the result of policies enacted by Brazil's persident Bolsonaro, purley on the grounds of short term monetary gain. Fully and enthusiastically backed by Trump. Who else?

Well, the whole asia included Thailand have been deforesting for to long. Thailand had 61% forrest covering their land in 1941, and now only 31% left. 

The whole region or world wide have been the same the last 100 years. 

For those who understand just a bit logic, see the forrest as the natural temperature regulater, the natures aircon, and when that forrest is gone, pumping out more co2 in to the athmosphere, and logging more forrest, we have a serious problem. The sea get also full up with co2 as well, and we have a bigger problem. 

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Did you read it in a Trump tweet?

9:18 AM 11/14/2018 | Energy

Michael Bastasch | Energy Editor

Scientists behind a headline-grabbing climate study admitted they “really muffed” their paper.

Their study claimed to find 60 percent more warming in the oceans, but that was based on math errors.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, ignorance is bliss.

9:18 AM 11/14/2018 | Energy

Michael Bastasch | Energy Editor

Scientists behind a headline-grabbing climate study admitted they “really muffed” their paper.

Their study claimed to find 60 percent more warming in the oceans, but that was based on math errors.

Archived