Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

2 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

It is worth noting that virtually all the “scientists” that support AGW have a vested interest in i.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

It is worth noting u didnt provide a link. So only in your opinion.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

I advocate banning private cars because you don't need one, though I'm sure you think you do because you have built your life around having one and now you have got yourself locked in.

And so you will shut in their houses people who are confined to wheelchairs, have difficulty walking, have heart problems, are blind, or have other conditions that make travel by walking or bicycling impossible? This is the face of Environmental Religious Fanaticism that the world should see more often. And it lurks right under the face of Greta Thunberg in souls of the people pulling her strings.

Ah..so Greta has got under their skin...

The Trumpeteers

The Breakfasteers (UK)

The gun lobby

The climate denialists (It's all the same package)

The  dopey libertarians,..shrieking about the "Nanny State"

The silly angry white males so subfusct with misery and failure that they verbally abuse 16 year old females-because they have nothing better to do.

And..of course the usual internet denizens of the United States of Paranoia..

Going strong since 1775.

13 minutes ago, Sujo said:

A guess at best.

But if they werent on the panel then they werent that good.

Plenty of them is listed as scientists in support of ACC who doesn't even agree and have asked to be removed. Even example of scientists who have threatened to file a lawsuit unless their name is being removed.

My experiences of peer review and academic progress tell me that the most controversial subjects tend to have a 50/50 divide.

Note that I don't support either one, I'm simply expressing an opinion in terms of how big support there is for a theory.

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Plenty of them is listed as scientists in support of ACC who doesn't even agree and have asked to be removed. Even example of scientists who have threatened to file a lawsuit unless their name is being removed.

My experiences of peer review and academic progress tell me that the most controversial subjects tend to have a 50/50 divide.

Even though there has yet to be a statistically valid survey published on the issue of ACC that backs up your 50-50 contention? Or even close?

2 hours ago, Forethat said:

I'm actually quite surprised that documentary is still available in the public domain. Stuff like that have a tendency to "disappear"...

You won't find it in netflix I reckon. Even in youtube these types are often uploaded by individuals who happened to somehow be able to download it or use a cam to record from tv. It's pretty much the standard these days, google & co contribute with their "relevance" based rankings. Relevance as in algos they control.

12 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

You won't find it in netflix I reckon. Even in youtube these types are often uploaded by individuals who happened to somehow be able to download it or use a cam to record from tv. It's pretty much the standard these days, google & co contribute with their "relevance" based rankings. Relevance as in algos they control.

Ah my gawd..it gets better and better..

The lunatics are running the asylum..

As are the various posters who cannot quite make up their minds where they actually reside..

Is it New Zealand ?

is it Canada?

Or is it South Georgia Island?

Nevertheless they have the full package..

Trumpeteers

Climate denialists

Full support for Brexit on racist grounds

Hatred against the Chinese-and Asians in general.

Hatred of women-especially western women-including 16 year old adolescents.

Screamers against the 'Nanny State" (of which they take full advantage when they can)

Welcome to the United States of Paranoia.

25 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah my gawd..it gets better and better..

The lunatics are running the asylum..

Climate denialist

Welcome to the United States of Paranoia.

Agree on the first 2 lines.

50/50 on the 3rd.

Do i qualify for USP ? :smile:

"It seems they will cross every possible line to avert the focus, since they are so desperate not to talk about the climate and ecological crisis.

Being different is not an illness and the current, best available science is not opinions - it’s facts."

- Greta Thunberg

People whose lives have been wasted making their bosses rich often resent anyone who lives for a purpose.
They want everyone to be as obedient and meaningless as them.

Add to that all the angry posters who feel life has passed them by, and all those affected by cognitive dissonance ("Cognitive dissonance, the mental conflict that occurs when beliefs or assumptions are contradicted by new information"), and Voila! A Greta Hate-Fest for 59 pages and counting.

Can posters on an Alex Jones/Breitbart type website be any nastier and any more anti-science?

6 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

That's a good one. I'm all for green tech & co (Just build that traveling wave thing of Bill's already, <deleted> off 'greens'), that's real environmentalism. Conjuring up a business plan based on taxes for a naturally oocurring gas however is not environmentalism, it's brilliant business sense, if you are a politician. 

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Everyone is welcome to our new proud nation. It's has a healthy lifestyle that's pretty much mandatory these days. Paranoia FTW!

'Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty'

Well, what is life without a little paranoia, we have to see the worst to appreciate the best :smile:

20 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

That's a good one. I'm all for green tech & co (Just build that traveling wave thing of Bill's already, <deleted> off 'greens'), that's real environmentalism. Conjuring up a business plan based on taxes for a naturally oocurring gas however is not environmentalism, it's brilliant business sense, if you are a politician. 

It was in the 19th century that a brilliant Irish physicist named John Tyndall and an American physicist whose name escapes me, established scientifically and beyond doubt the potency of CO2 as a greenhouse gas. It's settled science.

12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It was in the 19th century that a brilliant Irish physicist named John Tyndall and an American physicist whose name escapes me, established scientifically and beyond doubt the potency of CO2 as a greenhouse gas. It's settled science.

But it was in the 21st century they figured out you can tax it. Next up, O2.

5 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

I represent Nature and am thereby the conscience of the planet.

Stop and think for a moment - are you actually advocating something that we all know is causing irreparable harm to the environment, just because it suits your own convenience? How selfish is that?

You're a poster on an internet forum. You represent nothing.

I don't "advocate" anything.

Virtue signalling dully noted.

28 minutes ago, Morch said:

You're a poster on an internet forum. You represent nothing.

I don't "advocate" anything.

Virtue signalling dully noted.

That's another argument I've won. I'm getting bored winning every argument so easily. I always hope for a battle of wits but everyone appears to be unarmed.

7 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Almost clear.

Can you point to the part in that report where they have a consensus that "our house is on fire", which is one of Saint Greta's best-rehearsed and often-repeated lines?

It's obvious she's saying that the situation is urgent and needs greatly stepped up action to avoid climate disaster. Do you think the IPCC disagrees with that?

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Having lived in Thailand, and having survived TVF for so long, i would be tempted to fully agree with your theory, but the white knight which is in me is telling me that "Nyezhov" and "benighted" are not always necessarily at the opposite side of the playing field.

True..but hey..it's all fiction anyway-around which we all gambol and disport..

A cross between Aristophanes and Lewis Carroll with just a hint of Roald Dahl.

Meanwhile back in internet fantasy land (Walt Disney) we are all attacking a 16 year old adolescent... are we not?

(Discourteous,ill mannered,miserably educated, white male clowns)

Archived