Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

That's another argument I've won. I'm getting bored winning every argument so easily. I always hope for a battle of wits but everyone appears to be unarmed.

About as hinged as "representing nature". Seek help.

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Nevertheless they have the full package..

Trumpeteers. *Trump represents a resistance to left agenda. I don't however trust him and if there was any other choice I would go there.

Climate denialists  *Nope I believe in the climate. I saw it just this morning.

Full support for Brexit on racist grounds  *Full support based on the EU is going to ruin Britain. 

Hatred against the Chinese-and Asians in general.  * Actually I have a thing for Asians, I am also related to many from China and Thailand

Hatred of women-especially western women-including 16 year old adolescents.

*This one is really out there. Who hates women? Do we hate being feminized and cheap manipulations? yes

Screamers against the 'Nanny State" (of which they take full advantage when they can) *Yes and then no.

Welcome to the United States of Paranoia.  *Thank you for letting us in to your home.

Sad that you paint people the way you do. Can you see why you have trouble accepting alternate views? you judge people with a tremendous amount of preconceptions. 

Just now, RickBradford said:

And how did she come to that conclusion. On her own? By rigorously studying the science?

So now you're deflecting from your previous question which was 

"Can you point to the part in that report where they have a consensus that "our house is on fire", which is one of Saint Greta's best-rehearsed and often-repeated lines?"

Another ad hominem (feminam?) attack is under way.

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

True..but hey..it's all fiction anyway-around which we all gambol and disport..

A cross between Aristophanes and Lewis Carroll with just a hint of Roald Dahl.

Meanwhile back in internet fantasy land (Walt Disney) we are all attacking a 16 year old adolescent... are we not?

(Discourteous,ill mannered,miserably educated, white male clowns)

Well, i don't necessarily agree with everything Greta Thunberg thinks or says, but, as Voltaire said :

"It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster".

14 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Sad that you paint people the way you do. Can you see why you have trouble accepting alternate views? you judge people with a tremendous amount of preconceptions. 

Nope.

If the "package" is tatty and tawdry-and usually borrowed from the internet and YouTube-than that is your concern and not mine.

The "alternative" views bored me to death.I called it "rice paddyitis"

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So Tyndall's research, which was universally accepted for almost 200 years, is wrong?

No works fine - especially in greenhouses that have strict climate control. Earth's climate has many more variables than a greenhouse, CO2 is just a part of the complex system. An absolutely necessary part.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

So Tyndall's research, which was universally accepted for almost 200 years, is wrong?

Did Tyndall explain how man's .000012 % contribution of CO2 to the mixture of atmospheric gases is going to destroy humanity? Considering CO2 is a very weak greenhouse gas compared to water. Yet the amount of water in the atmosphere is between .2 and 4% and it continually changes.

How is it that this strong greenhouse gas H20, which composes many magnitudes more % of the atmosphere can come and go in different amounts, yet man's tiny portion of weak CO2 is the driver of climate change. 

You've all been sold a bill of goods by the same people who have polarized the west over this and other contrived issues. It's time we stopped playing their game.

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You've all been sold a bill of goods by the same people who have polarized the west over this and other contrived issues. It's time we stopped playing their game.

Any trader will tell you, polarization is good as it causes movement in a strict range. Opportunities to make $. That's what it's all about. TVF is getting clicks, too, business++.

19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, i don't necessarily agree with everything Greta Thunberg thinks or says, but, as Voltaire said :

"It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster".

Agreed-100%

Or as Shakespeare once said.."Too mucheth of YouTube disturbth the soul,addleth the brain and makes us seem moreth intelligent than wot we actually are.."

'Dunning and Kruger'-Scene 3, Act V.

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

Did Tyndall explain how man's .000012 % contribution of CO2 to the mixture of atmospheric gases is going to destroy humanity? Considering CO2 is a very weak greenhouse gas compared to water. Yet the amount of water in the atmosphere is between .2 and 4% and it continually changes.

How is it that this strong greenhouse gas H20, which composes many magnitudes more % of the atmosphere can come and go in different amounts, yet man's tiny portion of weak CO2 is the driver of climate change. 

When CO2 starts precipitating as dry ice, then you'll have a point. 

H2O concentration in the atmosphere is a feedback effect.

CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is a forcing effect.

https://www.sciencealert.com/co2-is-only-a-tiny-part-of-our-atmosphere-but-it-has-a-huge-influence-here-s-why

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Any trader will tell you, polarization is good as it causes movement in a strict range. Opportunities to make $. That's what it's all about. TVF is getting clicks, too, business++.

Well, i'm afraid you have some point here, it may just be part of the old strategy of "Divide and conquer".

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

When CO2 starts precipitating as dry ice, then you'll have a point. 

H2O concentration in the atmosphere is a feedback effect.

CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is a forcing effect.

https://www.sciencealert.com/co2-is-only-a-tiny-part-of-our-atmosphere-but-it-has-a-huge-influence-here-s-why

That site was dismissing H20 as a heat trapping gas because it is in lower amounts in the upper atmosphere and so it claims this magnifies CO2's effect. However it is in the troposphere where the heat is expected to be trapped by greenhouse gases, so this does not explain anything at all.

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

That site was dismissing H20 as a heat trapping gas because it is in lower amounts in the upper atmosphere and so it claims this magnifies CO2's effect. However it is in the troposphere where the heat is expected to be trapped by greenhouse gases, so this does not explain anything at all.

The thicker the blanket the slower the escape of the heat. The article does not say that the absence of H20 in the atmosphere magnifies CO2's effect. But the increasing presence of CO in the upper atmosphere increases the insulation and slows the escape of heat. The thicker the blanket the slower the escape of the heat. Currently H2O can't build up in the upper atmosphere because it's too cold. But cheer up. It's projected as atmospheric temperatures continue to warm water vapor will be able to infiltrate to higher and higher altitudes and do its share in making the atmosphere and oceans warmer.

2 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

If the IPCC disagreed they’d all be looking for work.

They (like the 97%) have a vested interest.

Yes it's all a conspiracy. Roughly 35,000 climatologists and god knows how many journals are all working in tandem to create fake science. Even Planet Earth is in on the conspiracy as it continues to deceptively warm the atmosphere and oceans, and make the sea levels rise.

Ah yes..quite agreed ..it's all a conspiracy.

I shall add Gaia to my list as I had overlooked her..

But come to think of it..maybe Gaia is a ChiCom?

There are posters here (canuckamuck et al,)that fervently desire that Thailand- home of military autocracy,suppression of free speech and destruction of intellectual thought-may be free of the Greta's of this world but long may she prevail....

Go Greta Go!

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

There are posters here (canuckamuck et al,)that fervently desire that Thailand- home of military autocracy,suppression of free speech and destruction of intellectual thought-may be free of the Greta's of this world-long may she prevail.

No need to desire, Thailand is quite free of Antifa. The country is based on fascism, though, as per Phibun who admired Mussolini, so she would have her hands full here. Not really sexy as the media wouldn't care.

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes it's all a conspiracy. Roughly 35,000 climatologists and god knows how many journals are all working in tandem to create fake science. Even Planet Earth is in on the conspiracy as it continues to deceptively warm the atmosphere and oceans, and make the sea levels rise.

I am not saying that you, or mainstream science are wrong, i don't have the knowledge to say that.

But let's keep in mind that science is expensive, and it needs sponsors.

The sponsors/investors are not known for being, generally, clueless, they invest where there is money to be made.

So the consensus you are talking about is just a huge investment, for now, and it seems quite successful, so far, only to create divides in the public opinion.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

No need to desire, Thailand is quite free of Antifa. The country is based on fascism, though, as per Phibun who admired Mussolini, so she would have her hands full here. Not really sexy as the media wouldn't care.

Gee..

So why is it free of Antifa-whoever they may be-but swimming in uniforms..eh?

Perhaps a poster  can come along and enlighten us to the glories of the complete suppression of intellectual thought and free speech  in the Land of Night and Fog.

i nominate Canuckamuk.

14 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I am not saying that you, or mainstream science are wrong, i don't have the knowledge to say that.

But let's keep in mind that science is expensive, and it needs sponsors.

The sponsors/investors are not known for being, generally, clueless, they invest where there is money to be made.

So the consensus you are talking about is just a huge investment, for now, and it seems quite successful, so far, only to create divides in the public opinion.

So, you got some names of sponsors who are funding climate research? Any information on percentages? And are you saying that most climatologists could be posting false results in order to please these so-far-unnamed sponsors?

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

So why is it free of Antifa-whoever they may be-but swimming in uniforms..eh?

Exactly because of that. Anti-Fascist are Greta's faction, the uniforms here represent Fascism. The junta managed to purge opponents out.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

"It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster".

Agreed. And that works both ways.  Or should.

It should encompass those who call climate skeptics "traitors", "flat-earthers", and call for them to be executed, jailed, branded on their foreheads and otherwise persecuted.

And before you ask, all of the above suggestions are documented and in the public domain.

As a start, the individual who called climate skeptics "traitors", among other nasty things, was Robert F. Kennedy Jr. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/23/robert-kennedy-jr-we-need-laws-punish-global-warmi/

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

So, you got some names of sponsors who are funding climate research? Any information on percentages? And are you saying that most climatologists could be posting false results in order to please these so-far-unnamed sponsors?

I am not interested in naming names, it would be useless for me. If you are interested in the names, you can do the research.

"Posting false results" are not the words that i would use, i'd rather say that, thanks to the fact that the masses understand very little of a complex science like climatology, the scientists could find easy to push their sponsored theories, with the help of the sponsored medias.

Archived